Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Check Engine Light On - P1362

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2022
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LeighJJames is an unknown quantity at this point
Check Engine Light On - P1362

Originally Posted by Powder-man
Okay I have been experiencing this problem on and off for the past month or so.

The problem is that the acceleration cuts out and the engine light comes on. Now the car sometimes stalls when this happens but not always. This happens usually within the first few minutes of starting the car (no matter if it is a cold start or not), and seems to be triggered when accelerating (worst going up hill). It doesn't always happen but when it does, turning the car off and letting it sit a minute will make it work again. If it doesn't I shut it off again and let it sit some more and try again. The engine light sometimes goes off after driving some distance.

Now if it doesn't give any problems after the first few minutes it gives absolutely no problems for long distances. I have traveled up to 400 km's without having any issue, while taking a short trip to the mall may trigger it badly.

I have had the manifold, and the sensor that connects to it replaced. I have also had the crankshaft sensor and the timing belt replaced. I then had the cam sensor replaced because it was coming up with the P1362 error (No signal to TDC). Unfortunately even after having this replaced this error still comes up and it is still giving the same problem as when we started. I have brought it to the dealer as well as a shop that specializes in electrical problems and they say the same thing that there is a problem with that sensor. I have already had it replaced with a brand new part so now I am stuck on what to do. I have thrown down nearly $2,000 on getting this fixed and no one seems to know what to do.

I have been suggested that there could be a problem with the computer and so maybe replacing that could solve the problem. The only other solution was it could be a wire gong from the sensor to the computer. I have also been suggested that there could be a problem with a ground.

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions or experiences of dealing with something similar.

Hey man I no this is an old thread but Did you ever get this resolved as its exactly the same with my Honda
Old 04-16-2022
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Check Engine Light On - P1362

What diagnosis work have you done?
what does the car do?
Have you had any work done recently?