Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

radiator

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kristoliquid is an unknown quantity at this point
radiator

i guess I need to change condenser + radiator. For the condenser there is a AC line going on to it, can I just unbolt it or need to empty the whole system. And any tips?
The lower frame is really kinked. The fans were, kla! kla! kla! kla! kla! I think but then stopped.....
Thx.
Old 02-07-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Woman took the field and I need to fix it

You can be seriously injured and/or frostbit if you just unbolt a line (there are two lines on the condenser) and get hit with a blast of escaping freon

Ideally a pro should remove the freon with a recovery machine, then when you're done the same pro recharges it by spec weight

After taking AC fittings apart they need to be capped and kept CLEAN while you work
Major component replacement also requires adding some oil (specific refrigerant oil type and amount),
and each line fitting you take apart needs a fresh new O ring seal (AC orings are special material) when it goes together
Old 02-08-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kristoliquid is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking of buying a small Robinair recovery thingy, do I also need a seperate pump to pump some other ****?
this summer I'm gonna equip myself in a/c equipment.

I mainly bought hand tools and etc.

Maybe there a break somewhere and all the freon escaped? Or that's impossible?
Old 02-08-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,124 Likes on 939 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Turn on the ac and see if the compressor kicks on, if it does then it's still full, if it doesn't then it's lost the freon.
or carefully blip the Schrader valves and see if there's pressure
Old 02-08-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kristoliquid
I was thinking of buying a small Robinair recovery thingy
I don't think there is such a thing. A vacuum pump (what I suspect you found) is not the same as a unit for recovering freon.
Got a link?

Maybe there a break somewhere and all the freon escaped?
Possible. See above reply.....but keep in mind if the ambient temp is low enough (below maybe 30-35F) that alone will prohibit AC operation even with a fully charged system