General Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

Bubble popping sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2022
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJJohnson is an unknown quantity at this point
Bubble popping sound

I have 2018 Civic Touring sport edition. For the last several months while sitting idling we hear what sounds like a bubble popping. Sounds like it could be a sound from a phones selection of sounds. I have searched the car throughout several times and there is no other electronics in the car. Also having a heck of a time pinpointing exactly where in the car some days sounds like rear seat area other days front seat. Please help

jeff johnson
Old 02-25-2022
Click Here

Received 1,156 Likes on 903 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Bubble popping sound

Might need to post a video, if possible.
Old 02-25-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,450 Likes on 1,204 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

i found a wrist watch hidden next to the car seat in an used car once
Old 12-01-2022
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thrillinwombat is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you ever figure out what the sound is? I am hearing this same sound, and it's aggravating me not knowing where it is coming from.
The following users liked this post:
Mason McDaniel (01-11-2023)
Old 04-08-2023
Registered!!

Kitty89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any update on this? Because I have a 2021 Sport Touring and having this exact same thing and it's driving us insane. I don't want to have to strip down the interior to try to find it.
Old 02-11-2024
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
gobrewers96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, I too was experiencing a bubble-popping, water dripping sound too. 2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback.

I believe the answer to be still-activated rear outboard heated seats.

The context behind my diagnosis:
I always commute to work solo, typically have one other person, my partner, in the car. Rarely do I have the rear seats occupied. I had friends in the car during the winter and reminded them if they wanted to use their heated rear seats. I also reminded them to shut off the heated seats after the ride but never checked myself. Then I would hear the popping type sound randomly while driving. I tried to pinpoint and replicate what I was doing.
I was cleaning out the car while waiting for my partner one day and realized the heater switch was left on. I promptly shut them off and didn't hear the sound for awhile.
I had friends in the car again and they left the switch on! Heard the popping sound again!
I concluded that because the rear heated seats are on some type of analog switch and have to be manually switched off, the heaters were cycling and tripping some type of thermostat. The sound, I imagine, would be muffled by a body sitting in the seat.

So tl:dr, check to see if your rear outboard heated seat switches are left on!
The following 2 users liked this post by gobrewers96:
sdaidoji (02-11-2024), SpiritOfApollo (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago
Registered!!

SpiritOfApollo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gobrewers96
Hi All, I too was experiencing a bubble-popping, water dripping sound too. 2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback.

I believe the answer to be still-activated rear outboard heated seats.
I searched for this issue and found your recommendation and when I looked, sure enough my rear seat heaters were on! I bet it’s a feature to alert you that they’re still on.

i created this account just to say this may be the solution thanks!