Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Car would not re-start after accidentally turning off ignition with car in neutral.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cmw2019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Car would not re-start after accidentally turning off ignition with car in neutral.

So, last night in haste I turned off my ignition while the gear selector was in neutral. I got a warning beep and message to put the car in park. This morning I went to start my car, placed my foot on the brake pedal and there was no give like usual. The car would not start after pushing the ignition button. Finally, I got out of the car and had to start the engine with the remote start. Anyone else experienced this? Something to do with what I did the night before and turning the car off in neutral? Thank you! It’s a new civic sport (2019).

Last edited by cmw2019; 07-13-2019 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Neglected to add vehicle trim and age
Old 07-13-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Car would not re-start after accidentally turning off ignition with car in neutra

So was it in park when you went to start it again or did it stay in neutral?
Old 07-13-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cmw2019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Car would not re-start after accidentally turning off ignition with car in neutra

It was in park, but the brake pedal was very firm, like no give as if the vacuum pressure was gone.
Old 07-13-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

If the pedal could not be pressed enough it may have not activated the start circuit. Why the pedal was like that and if it is related to the leaving it in neutral idk. Maybe someone has some ideas!?!