Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

So who here is from London???

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
APRboy is on a distinguished road
Anyone know what Acura West charges for the Rear Sway Bar?
Old 01-29-2003
Honda > Nissan

xian is on a distinguished road
[hr]Originally posted by: APRboy
Anyone know what Acura West charges for the Rear Sway Bar?[hr]
I hear $130 plus taxes.
I'm probably getting this one this spring, but it all depends on how much other brand names cost.
Old 01-29-2003
Registered!!

Maybe if we order 2 at the same time, we might get a deal or something. Then again, Acura probably won't care.
Old 01-29-2003
Registered!!

Just found OEM skirts for my car!!! Mike from U/P will have them for me tommorow afternoon. $380 shipped. Cheap, cheap, cheap. The dealer wants $485 and it will take 2-3 weeks. Mike is the man
Old 01-29-2003
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Nice! I can't wait to see your car when it's all done
Old 01-29-2003
Honda > Nissan

APRboy,

Nice dealing!!! Thats primed and painted too right? Brand-new too?
We're doing the RSX sway bar this spring. We should get a couple of people together and place an order.

Getting back to the Altezza grill, if we got it, we'd have to paint it as well. How much do you think that will run? Any connections?

Can Mike and the OEM Aero kit too?
Old 01-29-2003

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
I remember reading a post somewhere that there is a shop in or around the Toronto area that colour matches paint and puts it in a spray can for like $20. Doing the grill doesn't require a lot of paint and if done correctly, this would be the best bang for your buck.

BTW... let me know when you guys are going to get your Altezza Upper grills. I might be interested. And since me and APRboy own the same colour cars, we could probably even go half on the Paint, primer, clear coat, and sandpaper.
Old 01-29-2003
Registered!!

Falcon is an unknown quantity at this point
wow! thats a great price for painted OEM sides
Old 01-29-2003
Registered!!

gasboy is an unknown quantity at this point
hey if people here are getting the RSX sway bar, count me in!

only thing is, how do we get it installed on a 2001 civic coupe? i heard there is drilling and stuff to be done. blech.

anyone know how to do this?

gasboy [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-30-2003
Registered!!

$380 brand new!! Can't wait. As for getting the grilles and painting them, anyone with a silver car can get them painted when i get my kit painted. As for your car Xian, I know someone who can paint it for you (Mike's friend who painted his buddy club kit). I don't know how much, but i'm sure it is cheap. As for the sway bar, i want in on that for sure. Just let me know when you want to order.

2001 civics don't come with rear sway bars so they require drilling holes. Most muffler shops can do it for you pretty cheap, but if you want it done perfectly, go to Reni's Proven Performance. He mainly works on Porsches and imports.
Old 01-30-2003
Registered!!

Falcon is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: APRboy
I know someone who can paint it for you (Mike's friend who painted his buddy club kit). I don't know how much, but i'm sure it is cheap. [hr]

If this guy's name is tony.. watch out

he was an a*****e.. told me to show up twice to get the stuff done.. and he wasnt even there
i had to track him down.. and everytime i got in contact with him, his prices went up

all i know is that he works in a body shop and mike recommended him.. soo.. it could possibly be the same guy

bottom line [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG] tony [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG]

i cant really comment on his work tho, since the prices kept increasing and he blew me off twice i gave up on him
Old 01-30-2003
Registered!!

I don't know what his name is but thanks for the info Falcon.
Old 01-30-2003
Honda > Nissan

Hey guys, two topics:

1. Altezza Grill
I've been keeping an eye at that Altezza Grill GB tornactive.com is doing. It doesn't look like they're going to get 30 by the posting people are doing.
How many of you WANT the Altezza Grill or the RS grill he is selling? I could send an email directly to Rob to see if what he can do for us. I know we have two for sure, me and APRBoy. It would be nice if we could get more.

If we do go ahead with this, I can put it on my card...but...I want full payment from you guys first, including duty and taxes. Its better if you overpay because I would rather pay you back rather trying to get more money out of you guys. I heard bad stories personally via email from the guy that started the Revo GB in the summer. Some people won't pay fully. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG]
Of course, you'd get all the info (tracking #, etc), hell, I'll even give you a reciept (or write something on paper)!!! I'd rather make this a good experience than bad. Hope you all understand where I'm coming from.

2. RSX rear anti-sway bar
I think we should wait till the spring time. Who really wants to be under their car in this crappy weather???

What are your thoughts? Comments.
Xian
Old 01-30-2003
Honda > Nissan

[hr]Originally posted by: xian
Hey guys, two topics:

1. Altezza Grill
I've been keeping an eye at that Altezza Grill GB tornactive.com is doing. It doesn't look like they're going to get 30 by the posting people are doing.
How many of you WANT the Altezza Grill or the RS grill he is selling? I could send an email directly to Rob to see if what he can do for us. I know we have two for sure, me and APRBoy, and one maybe R1Style. It would be nice if we could get more.

If we do go ahead with this, I can put it on my card...but...I want full payment from you guys first, including duty and taxes. Its better if you overpay because I would rather pay you back rather trying to get more money out of you guys. I heard bad stories personally via email from the guy that started the Revo GB in the summer. Some people won't pay fully. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG]
Of course, you'd get all the info (tracking #, etc), hell, I'll even give you a reciept (or write something on paper)!!! I'd rather make this a good experience than bad. Hope you all understand where I'm coming from.

I think we should wait till the spring time. Who really wants to be under their car in this crappy weather???
Those interested:
Me, APRBoy, gasboy

Xian[hr]
Old 01-30-2003

Hey guys, two topics:

1. Altezza Grill
How many of you WANT the Altezza Grill or the RS grill he is selling? I could send an email directly to Rob to see if what he can do for us. I know we have two for sure, me and APRBoy. It would be nice if we could get more.

Xian[hr]
Could you find out roughly how much the Atezza grill would cost after taxes, frieght, duty, etc... Once I get a price, I can let you know if I'm really in or not.
Thanks
Old 01-30-2003
Honda > Nissan

Altezza Grill $29 USD + Shipping (This was quote for one Revo) $15 USD = $44 USD.
A friend of mine who buys a lot of stuff from the states for his business recommend mutiplying that price by 1.7 to cover duties and taxes and CND coversion.

So $44 USD * 1.7 = $74.80 CND

I don't know if this is a good deal or not because I haven't look around town.
Personally, I would set aside $100 CND for this as the quote for shipping that I used was for when I was ordering my Revo SS, so it might be a little higher than what I used.

I'll email Rob now for more shipping info...
Old 01-30-2003
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
i'll take a grill if I don't get my kit
Old 01-30-2003

Crap.. I was hoping it'd be less then that.
Let me know what Rob says.
Old 01-30-2003
Honda > Nissan

[hr]Originally posted by: Big
i'll take a grill if I don't get my kit[hr]
What kit are you getting? Keep in mind, this is a GB through tornactive.com that ends Feb 2!!!

If we all want in on this, we need to meet up together with cash before so that I can order them...

EDIT: Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned the dealerships can get it for $150 - $175...so its still a good deal.
Old 01-30-2003
Registered!!

It is a good deal Xian. I mentioned earlier that London Honda could get the APC grille (which is identical to the Altezza grille but doesn't fit as well) for $150. If you can get it cheaper than that, just let me know when you want my money.

As for the rear sway bar, it's a good idea to wait till spring. We can't take advantage of the sway bar now anyways. Again, when you want to do it, let me know.
Old 01-30-2003
Honda > Nissan

New info from Rob "I can send 3 grills for the S/H of 1"!!!

APRBoy, nice to finally meet up with you. I'll let you know what I think of the bulbs too.
Old 01-30-2003
Registered!!

Likewise Xian. Yeah, let me know about those bulbs. And if you order an altezza grill from Rob let me know. I want one too. I'll pay you as soon as you want.
Old 01-30-2003
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
well looks like I'm out for now, still waiting for word on my kit.....the Buddy Club Kit XIAN, hopefully it'll look pretty tight
Old 01-31-2003
Registered!!

Hopefully you'll get that kit.
Old 01-31-2003
Honda > Nissan

Big, no problem. We want to see pics when you get that kit though!!

R1Style, are you in or out?

APRBoy, the new bulbs are awesome!!! But I took the wrong one for the reverse lights I'll go back this weekend for and exchange. Possible even pick up some bulbs for the marker lights up front too.
Old 01-31-2003
Registered!!

I thought your reverse bulbs were the wedge ones. Sorry xian.
Old 01-31-2003
Honda > Nissan

They were, but they're way too big. The ones that I bought have a plastic cap on it, but the ones in car don't.
Maybe I was looking at the wrong light!?!
Old 01-31-2003
Registered!!

Oh well. Mike is really good when it comes to exchanges.
Old 01-31-2003

Big, no problem. We want to see pics when you get that kit though!!

R1Style, are you in or out?

APRBoy, the new bulbs are awesome!!! But I took the wrong one for the reverse lights I'll go back this weekend for and exchange. Possible even pick up some bulbs for the marker lights up front too.[hr]
Sorry dude.. no can do at this point. I gotta bunch of stuff I have to spend money on first.
Old 01-31-2003
Honda > Nissan

R1Style, no problem. I don't think the GB is going through anyways...look at the thread.

APRBoy, I don't think we're getting grilles this time around...I'll keep my eyes open if anything opens us. I'm sure Rob will restart that GB again next month when people have money. Oh, well, we tried. RSX bar, here we come...

Quick Reply: So who here is from London???