Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

So who here is from London???

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003
Honda > Nissan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xian is on a distinguished road
[hr]Originally posted by: SedanBoy
hey xian, great to hear.... let me know how it is after install...and how painful the install was..... i'm currently using a solo adapter and would like to move up to the revo for the shorter height in the shifter...... thanks![hr]
Hey, thought I'd give you all any update to the installation of the Revo SS.

Overall, it took about 1 1/2 hours as I kept going into the house from the garage to warm up. I took my sweet time - wasn't in a rush at all.
Removing the plastic covering was very easy - 6 screws/bolts. Removing the linkage cable from the shaft was easy too. Removing the secondard linkage cable from the OE stock base requires another set of hands. It was really well secured.

I'm still using the to OE rubber bushings. I don't think I'm going to use aluminum ones at all. I believe the rubber is better than the aluminum because it will "give" a little, thus not damaging the new base.

The new feeling of shifting is so much better - night and day. Honda should have this installed right from the factory, or at least as an option. It requires a little more effort to shift that before, but hardly noticable. Downshifting is so awesome now!!! I never used to. My rpms would fall to low before I got into gear and I had to give a lot of gas to get it back up. Not anymore, so natural. Downshift all the time now.

Overall, get the Revo. Even if you have to pay $200 for it. You won't regret this mod. Very easy and very, very worth it!!!!
Old 01-27-2003
Registered!!

APRboy is on a distinguished road
Good job xian. Glad to hear you like it. Very worth-while mod. After about a week or so the shifting will be easier. After about a month or so, try shifting in a civic without a short shifter. You will feel like you're gonna rip the shifter off!!
Old 01-27-2003
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
A lot of people using the Revo short shifter will apply some Lithium Grease to the same area the stock shifter was lubricated. I heard it gets rid of that extra effort. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-27-2003
Honda > Nissan

[hr]Originally posted by: R1Style
A lot of people using the Revo short shifter will apply some Lithium Grease to the same area the stock shifter was lubricated. I heard it gets rid of that extra effort. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][hr]
I put a healthy amount of that grease in those areas. I can't really compare to what it was without the grease, but maybe I should have. Nah, its awesome!!!

Yeh, dumb question about light bulbs. I want brighter ones. For my low beams, and reverse/parking beams. Maybe even turning lights...
1. What should I use? 194 for reverse? What are the fronts?
2. What brand?
3. Does Mike from U/P have anything good?
4. How much does this type of upgrade usually cost?

I'll probably do this before for RSX sway-bar. I know nothing about lights...
Old 01-27-2003

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
The Reverse lights and Parking lights use 194's. Check with Mike from U/P and ask him for some Super White 194 bulbs. I don't know which brand is the best but any kind will be brighter then stock.
The headlights use H4 bulbs. Currently I'm looking at the Raybrig Whitesonic bulbs Link . If you go into U/P, can you ask Mike if he could get a hold of the Rabrigs for me?
And if you want Turn signal bulbs.. check this out. LINK Talk to Pink.. i think she can get these for us cheap.
Old 01-27-2003
Honda > Nissan

Holy crap, those Raybrig are really bright!!! Are they DOT-approved? It would be bad if they weren't and cops pulled you over.

Right now, I'm really interested in 194's because I have 13% tint in the back and I can see **** when I back up.

The turn signals will be the last thing I get. I'm still have cleared my headlights, don't know if I am. I'd have to see it in person first.

I'll head out to U/P this Saturday to get some 194's. With all of the lights you mentioned, will the fry the wiring?
Old 01-27-2003

I'd hardly doubt the Raybrigs are DOT approved. Most aftermarket bulbs (PIAA, Eurolite, Polarg, Nokya, etc...) are not DOT approved. I don't think it really matters here in London though. The cops are pretty easy going when it comes to things like that.
I have a pair of Blue parking lights on my car (I thought I was buying superwhites ), and I haven't been hassled once. I love London.

Oh and as long as you stick with the proper bulbs, it shouldn't fry the wiring. The Raybrig Whitesonic for examples draw the same wattage as stock (60/55w) . But the 130/125w just means the visible light output mimics the look of 130/125w. Doesn't acutally mean they draw that amount of current. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

I'm running the Eurolite Xenon Fusion bulbs all around and they are much brighter than stock. They are a bright white with a blue tinge to them. I've got them for my back-up lights as well and they make a difference. I can't remember how much i payed but they are pretty cheap.
Old 01-28-2003
Honda > Nissan

[hr]Originally posted by: APRboy
I'm running the Eurolite Xenon Fusion bulbs all around and they are much brighter than stock. They are a bright white with a blue tinge to them. I've got them for my back-up lights as well and they make a difference. I can't remember how much i payed but they are pretty cheap.[hr]
Where did you find these bulbs in town? Alot of people here go with Xenon bulbs. I like the blue tinge...yup, I'm getting those then.
Old 01-28-2003
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
two places have them......U/P for $25 or Van and Truck World for $25
Old 01-28-2003
Honda > Nissan

Cool, thanks for the info!
Old 01-28-2003

[hr]Originally posted by: Big
two places have them......U/P for $25 or Van and Truck World for $25[hr]
Are those for the H4's or the 194's?
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

Anybody know where i can find OEM sides for my 4 door??? No one can get them for me. I posted a topic early this morning but no bites. I need these sides to finish off my kit.
Old 01-28-2003
Honda > Nissan

Sorry man, don't know. Although I know one of the service parts guy at Westgate. We used to work together.
I'm going to be getting an oil change sometime in Feburary. If I remember, I could ask for you.

BTW, did you ever get a price on Kamamari kit from U/P?
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

U/P said it would be around the same price as the Xenon i want. The front bumper would cost $475 and the rear skirt $400. Thats for the Xenon, but the Kaminari should be around the same price. And the skirts would probably be around $450-550, i'm guessing.
Old 01-28-2003
Honda > Nissan

That sounds pretty good to me.
I found a Wings West Avenger kit for $1450 CND taxes in, at spoilersto.com. Its this month's special.
I can wait on the kit this year. I want some 17" wheels/rubber this spring/summer. Perhaps lowering it too. Coilovers or springs?!? Tuff call.
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

Thats a really good price!!! But only the bumper will fit my sedan. Wings West said it will be a while before they make a kit for the sedan. For rims go to U/P. For tires come to me. If you want a complete package installed and balanced, go to www.wheels-direct.com . They have specials on 17" rims and tires. Their prices include taxes. Their prices are really, really good!! They have 17's starting at $1200!!! With everything included!!! They are located in T.O.
Old 01-28-2003
Honda > Nissan

Seeing how Rob (tornactive.com) is having a GB on Altezza front grill right now...would anyone be interested in getting a bunch shipped to one place, and split the cost of duty and taxes. Basically, order about 3-5, and split the cost evenly?

Or theres a GrillCraft GB ending soon...but much more expensive.

Any interest in this?
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

I'm interested. How much will it cost? Is it the RS grill or just the altezza grille with no emblem?
Old 01-28-2003
Honda > Nissan

I'm interested. How much will it cost? Is it the RS grill or just the altezza grille with no emblem?[hr]
Tornactive Group Buy

Altezza Style Front Grill ( ABS Plastic) - $29 shipped
RS JDM Style Grill (ABS Plastic) - $39 shipped

Keep in mind these are USD prices. The Altezza is about $20 less than that is advertising on his site. Theres pics on his site too. Yes, no emblem!
Follow that thread and post here with comments.

Even if its just you and I, we should still get a quote from someone here in Canada first before ordering.
Typically, just multiply the USD cost by 1.7 to get CND (includes exchange, taxes and duty).
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

That's a good deal. I want in on that!! I want the Altezza style front with no emblem. That will go perfectly with my Xenon front!!!
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

Falcon is an unknown quantity at this point
anybody know a CHEAP place in town to get audio wiring/fuses/distribution blocks

(dont say powerstation.. cause they want $80 for a fuse holder.. lol)
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

Hey C, what's up? Try Audio Magic (near the CostCo.), Nu Tech Audio (behind the Best Buy being built on Wellington), or Fox's Auto Sound in Dorchester. They should help you out. If not, try the FutureShop.
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

finally getting back to the board -- finished my last exam today

thanks for the info
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

Ahhh...You said "EXAM"!!! God i hate that word. Am i ever glad to be out of school. Hope you did well. What do they give you a week off?
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

Blkcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Man this is one giant conversation why don't u(s) use msn or something[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-29-2003
Registered!!

gasboy is an unknown quantity at this point
hi guys,

the topic of a rear sway bar for 2001 coupes came up a while ago. i've heard of a neuspeed, progress and the rsx sway bar.

has anyone here installed one? is there anywhere in london where i could (reliably) get this done?

thanks!

gasboy
Old 01-29-2003
Registered!!

Ahhh...You said "EXAM"!!! God i hate that word. Am i ever glad to be out of school. Hope you did well. What do they give you a week off?[hr]

lol.. yeah.. exams suck... i think i did well tho

and yup.. i have till monday off
Old 01-29-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Blkcivic
Man this is one giant conversation why don't u(s) use msn or something[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][hr]

that would be too easy
Old 01-29-2003
Honda > Nissan

MSN = no history for other members. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]

gasboy, I think "Grey" did a progress install. Alot of people here have done the RSX sway bar.
To get the RSX, you have to go Acura.
As for the other bars, try Unauthorized Performance in town.

I'm going there this weekend to look for bulbs. I'll check with the different sway bars and post a reply for you.

Quick Reply: So who here is from London???