Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

HALO 2 ... your thoughts ...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004
<--That really is ME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vicLX is an unknown quantity at this point
HALO 2 ... your thoughts ...

i thought i might as well start a thread before someone else does...

i pick it up in 20 mins.....
Old 11-09-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I want it but I only have Gamecube. Looks pretty hot tho.
Old 11-09-2004
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
it's sex!!! BOY_R_D's had it on his xBox for a couple of weeks now. That's all we do... play halo2 eat and sleep.
Old 11-09-2004
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
I got my copy at 12:05am 11/9/04. So far its freakin great!!! Nice environments and the alien AI is a lot better. Your fellow Marines don't get in the way nearly as much. The only thing I don't like so far is that when Marines drive the jeep thingy and I'm in the alien hover thingy they always run into me.
Old 11-09-2004
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
I'm a pro at it, lol
Old 11-09-2004
Registered!!

Taryon has a spectacular aura aboutTaryon has a spectacular aura about
I'd get it, but I've only got PS2.. can't shell out another 2 bills for an xbox, cuz it's going towards my x800 xt pe

I'd assume it'll kick *** anyways, especially the MP
Old 11-09-2004
Registered!!

Peasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BIG
I'm a pro at it, lol

by pro he means pro at changing colors and killing his own teamates online

Old 11-09-2004
Ninja Crew

Premium Plus is just really nicePremium Plus is just really nicePremium Plus is just really nicePremium Plus is just really nicePremium Plus is just really nice
iv had it for a bit...f'n LOVE it

but i enjoy vice city more
Old 11-09-2004
Registered!!

SlimmKidd is an unknown quantity at this point
San Andreas is waaaayyyyyy better but I really dont like First person Shooters but that jus me, cant wait till Metal Gear 3 comes out on the 16th (Nov) got mines already reserved at EB Games
Old 11-09-2004
Registered!!

Peasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to behold
honestly who buys games? hehehehe
Old 11-09-2004
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
takumi is on a distinguished road
It's awesome!
Old 11-09-2004
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
i personally played the french version... i really like the fact that u can use 2 guns.. but its too easy hahaha ...
Old 11-10-2004
<--That really is ME

vicLX is an unknown quantity at this point
I like it.. havent really played much but its nice...

wait till Metal Gear Solidd 3 : Snake Eater comes out!!!
Old 11-10-2004
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
My thoughts on the game ...

I thought I'd be in love with the game, but honestly some of the improvements are slight overkills. Two guns is great and all, but you can easily run and mow down people. The one slash sword is a great example of overkill - especially in the many crowded levels the game has. The maps are larger true, but at the same time they look immense as characters are smaller and objects increased in size <- more difficult to discern between characters on a smaller screen now. Too many vechiles in too many levels - makes it overkill for someone that can fly a banshee properly (especially if he can escape using turbo). No health just shield is kinda too

There are points I like about the game .. ability to have NUMEROUS colored teams (3v2v4v1.....), numerous new weapons, ability to have different colored skins (and two character types), team-mates are clearly defined and are aware when they are engaged/killed, and other smaller touches, being able to set handicaps on the fly

There is a bug in the game that we came across already (ammo count gets to 0 but yet gun(s) can still be fired -- happened with the SMG). I do not like the fact that controller port 1 is not always guaranteed the top left screen area, etc etc .. its first clicked in, first assigned character location.

I know there are other things about the game, overall I still enjoyed playing it -- I don't know if it'll be hardcore playing it as it was for Halo but so be it.
Old 11-10-2004
I Love Lamp

Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada/ Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
burnhard88 is an unknown quantity at this point
well boys... picked up halo 2 last night at around 9... started playing it at 9:30 with my cousin... campaign... we played until 6 in the morning... went to bed... woke up at 10 to 12... started playing at 12, and completed the game at 1:55... freak'n awesome game... even tho it was hard to follow the storyline... lol... now i gotta try and finish off the last level in halo... hehe... beat halo 2 in 9 hours and 55 minutes
Old 11-10-2004
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
lol... me and my buddies did the same thing lastnight. We started playing at around 9:30pm and stopped at 6am.
Old 11-10-2004
I Love Lamp

Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada/ Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
burnhard88 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol... niiiiiiiiice
Old 11-11-2004
Need....More....Mods

02civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by janlop
My thoughts on the game ...

I thought I'd be in love with the game, but honestly some of the improvements are slight overkills. Two guns is great and all, but you can easily run and mow down people. The one slash sword is a great example of overkill - especially in the many crowded levels the game has. The maps are larger true, but at the same time they look immense as characters are smaller and objects increased in size <- more difficult to discern between characters on a smaller screen now. Too many vechiles in too many levels - makes it overkill for someone that can fly a banshee properly (especially if he can escape using turbo). No health just shield is kinda too

There are points I like about the game .. ability to have NUMEROUS colored teams (3v2v4v1.....), numerous new weapons, ability to have different colored skins (and two character types), team-mates are clearly defined and are aware when they are engaged/killed, and other smaller touches, being able to set handicaps on the fly

There is a bug in the game that we came across already (ammo count gets to 0 but yet gun(s) can still be fired -- happened with the SMG). I do not like the fact that controller port 1 is not always guaranteed the top left screen area, etc etc .. its first clicked in, first assigned character location.

I know there are other things about the game, overall I still enjoyed playing it -- I don't know if it'll be hardcore playing it as it was for Halo but so be it.

try playing it on legendary...good luck mowing people down......
Old 11-11-2004
Registered!!

izmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really nice
yeah no hiding and respawning in legendary...nobody gets left behind..
Old 11-11-2004
Registered!!

jyoung is an unknown quantity at this point
i like that the story line has broadened quite a bit, things are making more since after the first halo. i was playin last night, just had started playin and the other chracter you play from the covenant, the arbitor, when they did those movie shots of him in front of his council, they looked freakishly realistic. at sometimes i was thinkin i was looking at a poor quality boot leg of something real. anyway i think its worth the 50.
Old 11-11-2004
Registered!!

exclusive_vtec will become famous soon enough
i found it pretty found ( played it at a friends house since i dont ahve xbox )
but i still like my counterstrike more
Old 11-11-2004

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 02civic
try playing it on legendary...good luck mowing people down......
I was talking multiplayer (at least with my group of players)
Old 11-14-2004
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
Janlop, in any 1st person shooter there is always one (or 2) overpowered weapons In Halo 1 it was the handgun (at times it was better than the sniper rifle if you had a steady hand) or the rocket launcher. In H2 it's the sword, and well the rocket launcher. I think they toned down the long distance killing power of the shotgun, in H1 you could snipe with that stupid thing.

Overall I think the game is awsome (H2) although I'm still debating whether I like playing as the covenant ... I HATE THE FLOOD!!! those buggers are tough to kill unless you have a shotgun or RPG I'm not a huge fan of the new "bitmaping" they used for the colour and graphics ... if you notice on some levels, there are black outlines on some of the characters, and some of the doors looks like they used a pastel to colour them in. Obviously I'm just really picky, alot of people will base this game on the hotness of the first one. Some people will like it, and some people won't

Anyone else feel there are too many inclosed maps??? I like playing the large outdoor maps, and I feel there are not enough of them.
Old 11-14-2004
Registered!!

909 will become famous soon enough
You were beat down by 909!

Halo2 is da bomb!
Old 11-15-2004

Originally Posted by DnarahP
Janlop, in any 1st person shooter there is always one (or 2) overpowered weapons In Halo 1 it was the handgun (at times it was better than the sniper rifle if you had a steady hand) or the rocket launcher. In H2 it's the sword, and well the rocket launcher. I think they toned down the long distance killing power of the shotgun, in H1 you could snipe with that stupid thing.
The rocket launcher is the same from the first Halo to the second .. it is devastating in the proper hands, but retardly awkward in those not proficient with it. (Kinda like the sniper rifles - but the rocket has more bang for the buck) (Okay, I actually think the blasts are a little bit bigger, but so be it). It is still a little lopsided to have two weapons mated together - I know I enjoyed having them tearing down people (especially in the combination I used) but it is a nice touch to the game. The shotgun is definitely weaker (if you are that close (hell I'm not the best with it, but even I had problems killing with it close ranged in one shot), might as well use the one-lunge forward sword (I laughed every time I attacked and was able to climb upwards where I wasn't normally).

Anyone else feel there are too many inclosed maps??? I like playing the large outdoor maps, and I feel there are not enough of them.
There is only one truly outdoors map imo ... though there are hybrids of others (outdoors + indoors) .. What I feel there is too much of though is vechiles, just lowers the game in my opinion. Hell, Player saw me have fun in the ghost just circling the enemy base destroying things ... sure I was amused, but well if it was me, I'd be annoyed at it.

I enjoy the game, I just don't see my group of players playing it as hardcore as we played Halo 1.. though I would if they so chose to.