Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

Is this forum dying?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O1Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this forum dying?

Is it me, or is this forum dying? I remember about a year ago, there used to be a ton of posts every single day. Now there's barely any.

Personally, I think it is the separation of the forums that did it (CanEast, Off-Topic Can East, GTA, Off-Topic GTA, Can Buy&Sell, etc etc etc.. wtf?) Having one was so much more convenient, since I only had to check one section. It is too much going back and forth to check them all, especially when I don't have a lot of time.

Your thoughts?
Old 12-21-2003
Registered!!

AznSaint is an unknown quantity at this point
nice picture.. hahahhahaha. that's all i gatta say.

do those go with the legs? haha.
Old 12-21-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Sorry dude I'd ***** more but I'm always on ClubEL during the day....every time I go on this site I end up buying something, LOL.
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

AllMotorSi is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, I think we need to represent the Canada East area. Come on everyone,
Old 12-22-2003
SLIPSTREAM R

Dartheo is an unknown quantity at this point
yah the forums are dyin for sure... i honestly just dont have any time to come on... and whenever i do... there aren't any new posts... lol
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

I pretty much feel the same.... I am not encouraged to post, since there are no posts.. nobody likes talking to themselves haha

But seriously, the lack of posts is enough justification to merge the forums again... it is getting to the point where even forum mods are never on anymore. You know who you are, mods

AznSaint: Yes they came together.. as a package LOL
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

nitehawk is an unknown quantity at this point
O1Coupe I totally agree with you! Ever since the seperation of all the forums the posts have died down for sure. I would like to see it as just the Canada For Sale forum and then just a CanEast forum. There was way more interaction with everyone this way.
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

MSoft is an unknown quantity at this point
True to that. Too much enforcing seperated interests. Plus I think ppl are gradually getting tired of the 7th gen (err, at least I have) so there's less to talk about. Plus I assume ppl were less busy during the summer.
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

FurBall is an unknown quantity at this point
I think interest in general is just waning for the 7th gens??

I post all the cool ish I find on CSI in the CanEast OT, but no one seems to view them Alot of my posts only get like 25 views each

If this continues, not worth my time to gather the pics/vid links for you guys

Although, I do NOT miss those corny post-whoring threads that drove me nuts last year....
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

jer2k is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with 01coupe as well. The forums should be merged back together. That way you dont have to click all over the place and are more likely to read something. And if you are more likely to read something you are more likely to respond. Its all probabilites and mathematics. As long as important threads can be stickied to the top, then it shouldn't be a big problem bringing them back together.

Peace
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

iamfob is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont come on here on a daily basis like i used to ever since i bought a different car. but the 7thgen is still in my family but i just wont spend anymore money on that car but i do come on here once in awhile and see how's everyone is doing
cant wait till the winter is over and we can have some meets and GTG
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

Bluelle is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah the threads are dying......the other thing is once u have so many sections u cant really organize mini meets properlly anymore....i remember when someone posted a mini meet....like50 ppl respond and 30 cars would come....but now taht u post it in the GTA section no one responds......and like 2 cars come....its pathetic.......and where is everyone?.....cue2k1, flippedout, gusto, netcbc, vtechronicle, andoy, stillmatic, stunna, viclx, kwinter, etc....wheres all the old schoolers man...we use to run these forums.....these forums need to be back to the way it was so everyone can interact with each other again....its plain boring now
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Derek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz Erthang
I can do that, but it needs to be cool with alot more ppl than the ones that have posted here. ur talking the ottawa, montreal, london ppl.

I can make a poll, but you guys have to make others aware of it.

If it's done, I don't want to hear bitching that your post gets bumped to the 3rd page in 30mins and no one can see it anymore and **** like that.

Let me know.

D
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

AllMotorSi is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds good to me, I'm in for changing things back.
Old 12-22-2003

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
Originally posted by Derek-CEO
If it's done, I don't want to hear bitching that your post gets bumped to the 3rd page in 30mins and no one can see it anymore and **** like that.
D
he does have a point...the website has grown to be more an more popular.Oh and just a head up...their would be a huge amount of post whoring once the guys and gals from Ottawa would start posting!
Old 12-23-2003
Registered!!

It's all good though... better too crowded then dead empty. As for threads that get bumped to the 3rd page in 30 minutes.... that's GOOD thing. It displays popularity, and you know people are reading your ****.

I think you should keep the For Sales Canada section as it is... the rest of it--merge as one! I have no problems reading about guys in Ottawa setting up meets and stuff... and I don't think others do either. It's always good to hear guys getting together to have fun!
Old 12-25-2003
Registered!!

Dasica is an unknown quantity at this point
You guys got my vote to merge. I don't post on this section to often b/c of this problem, to much looking around for threads.
Old 12-26-2003
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Derek-CEO
I can do that, but it needs to be cool with alot more ppl than the ones that have posted here. ur talking the ottawa, montreal, london ppl.

I can make a poll, but you guys have to make others aware of it.

Let me know.

D
It's not a bad idea but I have a concern.

The Ottawa sub actually gets a ton of use by it's local members and was put in place because their posts were getting lost.

It would probably be a good idea to merge the GTA-Off Topic into GTA for starters since the OT gets all the use.

I'll see what the Ottawa guys are thinking regarding this.
Old 12-27-2003
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
I vote on merging the forums back to the way they were. Having them seperated like that kept me from ever going into any of the other forums (like the GTA Forum) because I'm not from the GTA. I kinda felt like i'd be unwelcome if I went in there and posted a thread... that's why I never did. I'm sure I missed a lotta good topics of conversation and vise versa.
Old 12-27-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Derek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz Erthang
ya, i guess it's a late night for you. it's already done.
Old 12-27-2003
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

E®ik will become famous soon enoughE®ik will become famous soon enough
There are alot of sub-forums I agree, it would be nice to narrow them down again,

I don't mind what is done to be honest, as long as I have a place to go and post shiat then thats all that matters!!!
Old 12-27-2003
Drifting away in time and space...

Lynk has a spectacular aura aboutLynk has a spectacular aura about
you guys can merge these forums if you want, but i'd like to keep an Ottawa subforum. i've noticed a big increase in Ottawa participation in meets and such ever since we got the subforum, so i don't want to see that go.
Old 12-27-2003

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
Im with ya on that one Freddy!
Old 12-27-2003
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
yah the site is getting pretty boring recently....i think winter may have an impact on some places with snow!! hahah at least it kills my incentive....but its cool to merge....if we hae our own little sections then everyone just stays in there place and never goes anywhere else. IM down for whatever!!
Old 12-27-2003
Registered!!

scsGrumPyDriveR is an unknown quantity at this point
alot of people use to post but now, hardly anyone is on.
Old 12-27-2003
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
I think Baller is right. I notice alot more activity in Can East when we're not stuck in winter.