Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia

DC Area Spring Meet 2007

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Not much of late, but we probably should get our asses in gear.
Ill be out of town saturday picking up some car parts and sunday I'll probably be getting back into the school swing for monday. Some of my friends were talking about going to MIR next weekend, but no definite news on it.
Old 03-01-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
k20EX is an unknown quantity at this point
well, keep me posted. Ill be back in town tomorrow all the way through this next week and through next weekend....even if we can get 4 or 5 people together to hang out for awhile and what not, that would be cool....maybe a little install/mod session?? I dunno....I know I need to alter my AEM V2 intake on my k20a2 to get my air filter away from my headers (heatsoak is a bitch), So Im gonna cut it in some strategic spots and have it point back behind the drivers headlight hopefully....it looks like it will work, just gonna cut it and see....would be nice to figure out and I wouldnt have to go buy a CAI....AND IM STILL LOOKING FOR A TRUNK SWAP PEOPLE
Old 03-02-2007
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
well this is good. im not the only one here goin on spring break starting this weekend. i was hoping to get together or do something with cars during my break. im all down for anything such as install/bbq/meet or anything fun. ill prob b leaving norfolk around 9pm ish if any of u guys goin home wanna meet up, whoever is close by, and head out the same time. ill also be in Nova the same amount as k20ex and leaving sun 11th so i can do anythin from this weekend to then. keep me posted about this.

for the big meet im still down for watever or anything we have mentioned previously. ill prob b out of school around the first week of may or earlier so anything after is fine with me. so for now ill leave it at that.

Last edited by crazyasian; 03-02-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-02-2007
Registered!!

crazyasain, im in cville, so if ur gonna be in burke, at least we are near each other....anyone else want to gtg anytime this weekend through next weekend?? Lets plan something quick.....it would at least be cool to meet up with some local members here!! We got two people, who else in the area is interested??
Old 03-02-2007
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
lookin at the weather bak in the NOVA area its still pretty shitty and cold. wish the temp was as good as it is here in Norfolk and we could easily do a install/bbq meet. im pretty much up for anything such as from workin on cars to just meet up and talk or go out and do something similar to D&B or drive around.
Old 03-02-2007

chugster is an unknown quantity at this point
i'll do something like that!!! i need to make my car back to stock and save up for the new ride!!!
Old 03-02-2007
Type-Race

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough
Im free next Sunday but what exactly do you guys need installing? We'll need a garage or at the very least, a useable driveway.
Old 03-03-2007
Registered!!

^as in next sunday u mean the sunday comin up(March 4th) or the following sunday(march 11th)? if it is the 11th i will have to pass on that as will any other pplz who is just finishing their spring break then. i highly doubt any of us will even think of plannin then since we will have a whole week to do something and have it planned sometime then. i say we shoot for this sunday or if not then sometime during the weekday, if schedules match with everyone.

well i can possibly have u guys over since i have a 2 car garage and a decent driveway(it has a downwards slope but as long as a car isnt needed to be jacked up its fine) but i will have to run it by my parents. my dad isnt too fond of having random pplz over and having the garage used and gettin real messy. if u are wondering the location of my house its in the Burke, Va area, area code 22015. if there are a bunch of pplz i would say more then 5, which prob wouldnt b the case since it is a small meet, then parking may be an issue since my neighbors are dicks about parking. more info if my parents will approve of this.

if anyone has an alternative house to have this at and is a good spot for pplz who are located in a good mid point spot for md and Nova pplz. Also have no problems with parking or pplz using the garage/driveway plz say.
Old 03-03-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Can you guys install konis? I'll even throw in cash
Old 03-03-2007
Registered!!

Highs in the mid 40s tomorrow....anyone down with meeting up in Burke then tomorrow?? Got an OK or and a time yet crazyasian? I have installed coilover but not independent shocks, I think you need a spring compressor, which I do not have....but Id be willing to help....let me know whats up people!!
Old 03-03-2007
Registered!!

ill ask my parents tonite but i think they are goin to Skyline Mountain to hiking tommorrow so it should be fine.

i dont have a crazy assortment of tools nor do i have a compressor but i have the typical socket wrenches and sockets, screw drivers, soldering iron and solder, and other typical tools. if u are needing to do anything major that requires a compressor/impact gun i would see if u can inquire one. i do have 2 jack stands and a decent lift but not as good as the larger lifts(its a dinky small one that u can get at like advance). so if u guys have a good lift bring them also.

installing konis will take a long time if the stock suspension hasnt been hacked yet. i would have to say that installing suspensions should be put off for a later time since suspension installs take a good whole day with proper tools. we will have to see if anyone has a compressor and all the assorted tools we would need to install shocks.

for time of meet, if my parents approve, i would say the earliest 12pm. the earlier we start the better if we plan on doin some major installs. i will be sending out pms of my addy once i find out its okay and who is def coming tommorrow. if we cannot do it at my house i would find out immediately an alternative place to meet.

so whoever is comin definitely just to meet up or have somethin done to your car, post up so i can add to my list.

Coming for sure:
1. k20EX
2.vacivic2005

Mayb:
1. Chugster
2. Doctor
3. Ronaldo9

feel free to message me on aim if you guys have it at o5civicburner for q and a's, planning out, and other things u want to ask or chat about.

Last edited by crazyasian; 03-03-2007 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-03-2007
Registered!!

a quick update: my mom said its okay but waiting on my dads approval.

update: looks like its gonna b happening at my house. ill be pming u k20ex with my addy and whoever else wants come pm me asap. i am gonna have to say no big installs such as suspension cause its a big thing and will need proper tools to do but u are more than welcome to come and hang out. could go out after everyone has done wat they wanted, if we have ample time, and go for a lil drive and photoshot as long as there is light out.

so here it is:

Place: My house(Burke, VA)
Time: March 4th 2007 at 12pm
Plan: Install/meet/photoshoot
INSTALLS WILL BE LIMITED TO SMALL TO MEDIUM INSTALLS(BRAKES, MINOR ENGINE WORK, MAINTENANCE, AND ETC)

Last edited by crazyasian; 03-03-2007 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-03-2007
Type-Race

Im not really doing anything tommorow but if we're not really doing installs, then theres really no reason to meet up at crazyasian's house? Actually, Im a lazy bastard that dosent want to read a map and find my way there lol.
Old 03-04-2007
Registered!!

we will be doin some stuff to k20ex's car and if Vinh comes then hes gonna b doin brakes, hids, and front lip but not sure if he is gonna b comin. if chugster comes he might b swapping things back to stock and etc. its really not dedicated to just installs, we are really trying to just meet up, chat with fellow 7th gen pplz, and do things. im also thinking of having whoever meet up to have a fun drive to a restaurant close by and eat or before/after have a good photoshoot if there is ample sun light. well if anyone is still comin hit me up now thro pms so i can give u my addy.
Old 03-04-2007
Registered!!

Hey man,
I just got in real late....I changed my oil (due to a leaking K&N oil filter), and rotated my tires today. But i still need to modify this AEM V2 SRI to make it CAI for my K20. And I want to chill with you all, so Ill be up in the AM, and will check on here to ensure that its not just gonna be me and crazyasian, lol....hopefully everyone will be there......check u guys in the AM...
Old 03-04-2007
Registered!!

well i do have vacivic2005 comin to my house to chill with us so i know its a def from him. i just got on and got a pm from doctor saying he will be comin down but not sure if he pmed me before or after he posted. been trying to get a hold of chugster to see if hes gonna b comin. so far it looks like its gonna b a pretty good # of pplz comin. ill be lookin foward to seeing you guys later todai. if u need to get ahold of me hit me up on aim now at o5civicburner. i will be on till 3am mayb 4.

REMINDER: IF YOU GUYS NEED YOUR CARS LIFTED REALLY HIGH OR WANT REALLY GOOD AMPLE ROOM TO GET UNDER YOUR CAR BRING A GOOD JACK B.C MINE IS THE SMALL ONE THAT YOU CAN BUY AT ADVANCE AND PROB ONLY GOES ABOUT 4-7INCH HIGH. IF U FEEL THE NEED TO BRING ANY OTHER TOOLS BESIDES SOCKET WRENCHES AND SOCKETS AND SCREW DRIVERS BRING THEM JUST IN CASE.

Last edited by crazyasian; 03-04-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 03-04-2007
Registered!!

Ill be there for sure....Im gonna wash my car real quick now, and get ready. Ill bring my tools, and what I need to work on my project and see you guys at crazyasians.
Old 04-02-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Re: DC Area Spring Meet 2007

Revived for some more action.... its April now.... time to get moving on the next one, also, if anyone knows of a location where I can pull a motor, I'd really appreciate knowing about it. I need a place, preferrably free, where the car can be laid up for 3 days, with the possibility of it not getting done and having to sit a week to be finished. If anyone knows of such a place, please let me know.
Old 04-02-2007
Type-Race

GL on that man....I think I spotted Skipbarber right off Wintergreen plaza on 355 yeterday
Old 04-16-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

so... revived again. whats goin down? since andymans coming to M/A area, lets throw together another one of our "meet up at D&B, lose a couple of members, and end up at ruby tuesdays" meets :P
Old 04-16-2007
Registered!!

^hahhaha. werent we gonna go with like a bbq thingy for our next meet? if we are we need to find a place that wont have parking issue such as a park. if we want to do another dave and busters thats fine with me. my schools over next week and exams start right after. i should b done with everything before may or the first week of may.

too bad ill b goin bak to stock since my konis are finally done, which is quite surprising it lasted this long(about 5-8k miles on em then how long skip used em). ill still roll up anyways.

anyways....we really need to setup a meet sometime soon and hopefully everyone can stay longer than people have been in the past few meets.

on a side note: my prayers goes out to any 7th gener's nd peoples at VT. hope everyone is safe. still havent heard from k20ex(tim).

Last edited by crazyasian; 04-16-2007 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-16-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Alright... I'm laying it down, speak up if you're not home from school. That is your only excuse not to be there.

BBQ
May 13 (sunday)
2:00

Turkey Run Park, McLean Va (off the GW Parkway)

Split up the supplies, etc...

Need:
Grill and fuel
Burgers and dogs
Kiddie beverages
Adult beverages
Chips
Plates, Utensils and Napkins
Buns + Condiments
Amusement devices (football, etc...)

Come on people... show your faces.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 04-17-2007 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-17-2007
Registered!!

i guess im first up to the bating cage...

i can def bring beverages and prob adult drinks too since ill be 21 way before then but ill just be the kiddy beverages for now. any preferences or it doesnt matter cause im def not bringing any diet drinks.

never been to that place before so if u know the exact address thro it up since some others prob dont either and will ask. ill look it up right now if it will show.

edit: got the address and website if u just want to look at the site yourself.

George Washington Parkway
McLean, VA, 22101
http://www.k9trailblazers.org/hike_a...urkey_run.html

Last edited by crazyasian; 04-17-2007 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-17-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Alright... I'm laying it down, speak up if you're not home from school. That is your only excuse not to be there.

BBQ
May 13 (sunday)
2:00

Turkey Run Park, McLean Va (off the GW Parkway)

Split up the supplies, etc...

Need:
Grill and fuel
Burgers and dogs
Kiddie beverages
Adult beverages
Chips
Plates, Utensils and Napkins
Buns + Condiments
Amusement devices (football, etc...)

Come on people... show your faces.

Ill bring the chips, napkins, Utensils, buns, and Condiments. ill see what i can do in the football and basketball department too. But as for the buns, how many burgers/hotdogs are we expecting? obviously we need a count of how many people are coming so post up people!
Old 04-17-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

I'll do burgers and dogs, but I'm going to assume that right now, the list is:

1. Me - Burgers + Dogs
2. Curiouz_G - chips, napkins, utensils, buns and condiments
3. Crazyasian - beer man + juice boxes
4. Vacivic2005 - ????

I know Rob has a grill, I just dont remember if its portable or not. But I'll make him bring it anyways.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 04-17-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-17-2007
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough

i'm in... but i'm not sure what to bring.
Old 04-17-2007
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
I'll do burgers and dogs, but I'm going to assume that right now, the list is:

1. Me - Burgers + Dogs
2. Curiouz_G - chips, napkins, utensils, buns and condiments
3. Crazyasian - beer man + juice boxes

I know Rob has a grill, I just dont remember if its portable or not. But I'll make him bring it anyways.
Who says I am going? Way to volunteer me when you don't even know what is going on in my life . lol You can borrow my grill even if I don't go and all you will need is a little propane tank.
Old 04-17-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Well rob, now that you decided to pee in my cheerios....

the 13th is mothers day. Does that effect anyone?
I kinda figured its ok by 2:00, since everyone buys their mom breakfast.
Old 04-17-2007
Type-Race

Hmmm..tough date. Ill have to see what the plans are on that day.
Old 04-17-2007
Registered!!

hmmm same ill have to see what we plan on doin but prob not much. im still in for now but if anything changes ill let u know

Quick Reply: DC Area Spring Meet 2007