Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia

DC Area Spring Meet 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
oh man, if someone DOES open their garage for a install day, im buying Koni's/GC with a camber kit right now. lol bbq and installs ftw what could be better.... well, maybe if like 50 hot *** women just randomly showed up. maybe the Type R will pull in the ladies like they say on Honda-tech?
Old 01-25-2007
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
sounds like a good idea to do. i love having bbqs/installs but if we are gonna do that we need to figure out where we are gonna do it without parking issues and room/tools. i wouldnt mind doin it at my house since i have a 2 car garage and a deck in the bak but parents wouldnt prob allow it and neighbors are dicks.

hey curiouz g are u still plannin on goin to the DC auto show this sat or sunday cause im comin up for the weekend for my dads bday and im plannin on goin sat morning before 12pm and hit up the metro. if u are let me know so we can set up a time of meet and at whose house.
Old 01-25-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
well i have work tomorrow and saterday so i might go sunday IF i get the day off...
Old 01-25-2007
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
oh okay well im still plannin on goin sat unless my parents thro me a curve ball on my dads bday then i will go sun. if not im goin sat morning.
Old 01-26-2007
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
is the show at the dulles expo center? if it is, i'll probably go. how much is it, btw.
Old 01-26-2007
Type-Race

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Curiouz_G
maybe the Type R will pull in the ladies like they say on Honda-tech?
lol where did you hear that? Though I can guarantee no ladies would actually like riding in it. But take some pics if you guys are going.
Old 01-26-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dirtySAMURAI
is the show at the dulles expo center? if it is, i'll probably go. how much is it, btw.
the tickets are about $10 bucks. no its not at the dulles expo center its in DC at the convention center. if u still plan on comin even tho its not at the expo hit me up on aim.
Old 01-28-2007

chugster is an unknown quantity at this point
yo whats up peeps? i'll probably be down for this meet like last time. hopefully more ppl show up this time. and mike, when did u get that wrx? last time i knew u were driving that miata and...what did u do with that miata?
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

2K5CIVICBOY20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep us posted. count me in.
Old 01-29-2007
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by chugster
yo whats up peeps? i'll probably be down for this meet like last time. hopefully more ppl show up this time. and mike, when did u get that wrx? last time i knew u were driving that miata and...what did u do with that miata?
lol I change my car every season.

NOT! my parents said that the miata was an unsafe money pit of a car, so they wanted me to get rid of it in favor of a safer car. I decided I'd like AWD so I can traverse the salt fields - I mean roads - during winter. I also was missing having 4 doors and a proper trunk. It was either a Saab 9-2X, 9-3, or the WRX. I found a lot of good deals on STis, but not within price range so I had to settle for "less."
Old 01-30-2007

chugster is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dirtySAMURAI
lol I change my car every season.

NOT! my parents said that the miata was an unsafe money pit of a car, so they wanted me to get rid of it in favor of a safer car. I decided I'd like AWD so I can traverse the salt fields - I mean roads - during winter. I also was missing having 4 doors and a proper trunk. It was either a Saab 9-2X, 9-3, or the WRX. I found a lot of good deals on STis, but not within price range so I had to settle for "less."
thats cool that ur rents let u get a wrx as a so called "safer car" lol.
Old 01-30-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Just out of curiosity.... instead of a BBQ, anyone want to go play around at MIR? They've got saturday test and tunes...
Old 01-30-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
That would be cool as well. Are those normally expensive?
Old 01-30-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
No idea, never been there, but drag racing is usually $20-30. A lot cheaper than a $225 day at the track.... although I suppose at $20-30 for a minute, the track day is "cheaper"
Old 01-30-2007
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
MIR...so we can find out our civics do 16 second quarters and you can find out that you can do a 14.5sec quarter at best? haha
Old 01-30-2007
Type-Race

I think if I remove the spare I can pull a 15.8-15.9 but if we're gonna do track related stuff, I vote we go to Summit.
Old 01-30-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by robbclark1
MIR...so we can find out our civics do 16 second quarters and you can find out that you can do a 14.5sec quarter at best? haha
Way to pee in my Cheerios Rob... WAY TO GO How much different is it than you coming in 16th place at Fedex Field?

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 01-30-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-30-2007
Registered!!

k20EX is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't really know any of you, maybe other than posting on the same forum, but Im from Centreville, VA and currently at VT for grad school. But if something is settled out, I'd love to come back home for the weekend to let the k20 EX come out and play, lol. Ive been waiting for some 7thgens to do something in our area and this is the first Ive really heard. Ive done some average installs (coilovers, rear disc swap, etc.), and would be willing to help out if we did an install day as well. Lets figure this out so we can pencil it in.....would the Saturday before Easter work (April 7th)??, since I know I will be in town then and maybe other people would as well.
Old 01-31-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Alright... well 3 things now.
BBQ
MIR
and I've got my eye on Summit Point's Friday at the Track schedule, which hasnt been posted yet. When that comes up, I'll let you guys know. Its $225 for the day on the track w/ instruction.
Old 01-31-2007
Type-Race

^^I take it thats per person? If so, its gonna be hard for most people here to agree on that one but Im in. Im not really in to drag racing, especially not with a civic. But thats just my opinion. Im open to whatever.
Old 01-31-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Yes, per person. I dont expect a lot of people with that, FATT would be more or less just whoever wants to go, because everyone would have to sign up before it sold out.
Old 01-31-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Just keep us posted Boilermaker. I mean $225 isn't cheap but you certainly gave us enough time to save up if this is still an option. I personally haven't done anything like that and wouldn't mind trying it once for the experience. I'm down for w/e BBQ, test and tune... I just look forward to hanging out with some cool guys honestly. Not many 7thgeners up my way so I get excited over these meets haha.
Old 01-31-2007
Registered!!

yea im fine with all of things u mentioned boiler except for the summit point race track(im guessin its an autox dealy but on a real track). broke like no other and still lookin for job. so im always golden on anything that is done for free. i def mentioned goin to MIR so im good with that. keep me posted on any changes.
Old 01-31-2007
Registered!!

yummy. k20 in a EMII. i say 4 way race btwn the WRX, Type R, swapped EMII, and Boosted EMII!! that would be fun times, fun times. the winner gets a chance to beat my auto civic. if your lucky, ill let you pull maybe 10 or 15 cars on me, MAYBE. depends if im feeling generous that day.
Old 01-31-2007
Registered!!

Drag or track race?? LOL.....Id go out on a limb and say 1. WRX 2. Boosted EM2 3. Swaped EM2 4. Type R. But I dont know the boost specs, if its nothing insane I say my swaped EM2 may have a chance, or if the Type R is heavily modified than it may be up also. I say a swaped EM2, mild boost EM2, and modified Type R would be a fun race. The WRX might have to sit and watch....that is until my k20 sees boost itselfs.....HAHAHA. Regardlesss, lets figure something out here, could get fun.
Old 01-31-2007
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Way to pee in my Cheerios Rob... WAY TO GO How much different is it than you coming in 16th place at Fedex Field?
I come in middle of the pack thank you very much! And I learn how to drive better...something that drag doesn't do.

I don't mind hosting something here if you guys want. I have a big parking lot but no garage. But I have to check it over with the wifey if you guys are interested.
Old 02-22-2007
Registered!!

Working on my RSX cluster swap now, by the time this meet actually goes through, I may have it done...lol...oh yeah, got my type r lip and rs sides also, and looking for an 04-05 bumper if anyones got one in the area??
Old 02-22-2007
Type-Race

No but I got SI rims for sale
Old 02-22-2007
Registered!!

Im gonna stick with my bronze ROTA C10s, thanks though
Old 03-01-2007
Registered!!

Two things....any news on getting together?? Im gonna be home this whole week in the area for Spring Break, and wanted to know if anyone just wanted to get together in a small group of whomever could make it, kinda last minute....any takers??

ALSO, Im looking to swap my SSM trunk (with spoiler) for an SSM trunk without a spoiler. Id like to swap and then maybe get 30-35 bucks extra for the spoiler...Please let me know if there are any takers in the DC metro area that wanna do this...THANKS!!

Quick Reply: DC Area Spring Meet 2007