General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

0-60?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicRS is an unknown quantity at this point
0-60?!?

does anyone know whats our 0-60? all stock though.... and people say that 7thgen is slow?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] is it true that the 6thgen is faster?
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

AEMcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think the 6th gen is faster, but the motor that's in the 6th gen responds much better to mods then the D17 in our 7th gen.
As for 0-60, I'm really not sure. Isn't it somewhere around 7 seconds?
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

Logan is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, no one has successfully tested the 0-60 time on the 7th generation Honda Civic. Apparently, all Honda testers fell asleep before achieving the said speed. Physics scientists estimate the actual rate of acceleration from 0 to 60 to to take something like 2 weeks, 3 days, 5 hours, 32 minutes, and 8 seconds. And yes, the 6th generation Honda Civic was a little faster stock. Sorry, the 7th generation Civic became what Honda was trying to create when they built the first Civic...an economy car!
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

Tiki is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Logan
Well, no one has successfully tested the 0-60 time on the 7th generation Honda Civic. Apparently, all Honda testers fell asleep before achieving the said speed. Physics scientists estimate the actual rate of acceleration from 0 to 60 to to take something like 2 weeks, 3 days, 5 hours, 32 minutes, and 8 seconds. And yes, the 6th generation Honda Civic was a little faster stock. Sorry, the 7th generation Civic became what Honda was trying to create when they built the first Civic...an economy car![hr]
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

thaicivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Stock for stock, 7th gen is faster. I've used 6th gen auto before changing to my current 7th gen auto. I tried to race twice in my old 6th gen civic against the new 7th gen and it was hopeless, couldn't catch up abit, top speed was also slow for the 6th gen compared to 7th gen.
Old 01-03-2003

alex053 will become famous soon enough
Because our car is around the same quickness as my V6 mustang probly 7.9-8.1 area.
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

SLAMMED01CIV is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Alex053
Because our car is around the same quickness as my V6 mustang probly 7.9-8.1 area.[hr]
So you're pretty much saying that our cars can hang with V6 stangs? Dude you're on crack. Any V6 stang would make our cars look stupid. I would LOVE to see a video of our car stock beating a stock V6 stang. I owned a stang before my vic. Granted it was an 8 cylinder, but I have also driven a 6er. There is no way at all that we would even give them a run for their money. Don't get me started on stangs. You'll lose.
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

aznsmtboy is on a distinguished road
the HP/torque numbers alone make the V6 stang incomparable to the civic but, when you put other factors into play like driver, weight and track conditions, it's really not that far apart, I've ridden in a V6 mustang and the torque is there but it's a little sluggish, I"m sure a 5 speed Civic could beat a auto V6 if the variables were in favor of the civic, my GS-R can pretty much kill stock V6 mustangs, I have some friends that beat GT's too. So it's definitely not unreasonable. Now the Cobra is a different story [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

WeakVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
I run 7.4, but I'm not stock, and have a clutch to take off the line alot more seriously. FYI: I never lose to V6 Mustangs, stock, non-stock, don't matter. Sticks can SOMETIMES give me a good run with mods but i still never lose. And the 6th gen SI was faster than our 7th gens, but the DX,LX,EX were significantly slower than the current xX models. I raced a '97 with the exact same mods as I have and spanked him by 3 cars consistantly.
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mattskav is an unknown quantity at this point
With this car it really depends on the conditions, weight, and driving style....

With a good launch and speed shifting on a cool day with a real light load your probably talking around high 7's for an EX-5 (yes I expect it to hang with a v-6 stang).

I'd say granny shifted on an average day you are going to get high 8's (8.8)

And with the a/c on with a full tank of fuel and 2+ passengers fuggeduboudit... (11 sec+)
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

WeakVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
btw: Edmunds.com gets 7.9 0-60 bone stock ex coupe 5 speed. And anyone with a torqueless Civic with passengers and AC who races is a moron
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

Civic2k1racer is an unknown quantity at this point
what? i drive my girls v6 stang convertible and it would kill my civic and hers is an auto, my civic is stick
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Civic2k1racer
what? i drive my girls v6 stang convertible and it would kill my civic and hers is an auto, my civic is stick[hr]
Don't bother trying to work it into their heads...so many are adamant about their views of their Civics as capable sports cars. Even in the face of defeat, they will make excuses and try to make themselves feel better by naming off other cars they can beat (which AREN'T sports cars either...or are CHEAP versions of a particular sports car). Unless you are going through the trouble to drop in a better engine and install a turbo and work that engine like you are going to race it for a million dollar victory, please don't refer to your Civic as fast. Oh God, and especially don't talk about speed or racing if you have an auto. If you are trying to race with a daily-driven auto, you need to be b*tch-slapped.
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

I dunno, I raced a V6 stang the other night.
He kept ****in with me until I got on it.
We were almost dead even. I was only gaining on him slowly....until I hit the button. [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
HondaGuru is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: aznsmtboy
the HP/torque numbers alone make the V6 stang incomparable to the civic but, when you put other factors into play like driver, weight and track conditions, it's really not that far apart, I've ridden in a V6 mustang and the torque is there but it's a little sluggish, I"m sure a 5 speed Civic could beat a auto V6 if the variables were in favor of the civic, my GS-R can pretty much kill stock V6 mustangs, I have some friends that beat GT's too. So it's definitely not unreasonable. Now the Cobra is a different story [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][hr]

RWD > FWD

Traction ownz you, ESPECIALLY in 0-60.
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

Ducatti is an unknown quantity at this point
what? i drive my girls v6 stang convertible and it would kill my civic and hers is an auto, my civic is stick[hr]
Don't bother trying to work it into their heads...so many are adamant about their views of their Civics as capable sports cars. Even in the face of defeat, they will make excuses and try to make themselves feel better by naming off other cars they can beat (which AREN'T sports cars either...or are CHEAP versions of a particular sports car). Unless you are going through the trouble to drop in a better engine and install a turbo and work that engine like you are going to race it for a million dollar victory, please don't refer to your Civic as fast. Oh God, and especially don't talk about speed or racing if you have an auto. If you are trying to race with a daily-driven auto, you need to be b*tch-slapped.[hr]
Forget to pull the stick out of your *** this morning?
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Ducatti
Don't bother trying to work it into their heads...so many are adamant about their views of their Civics as capable sports cars. Even in the face of defeat, they will make excuses and try to make themselves feel better by naming off other cars they can beat (which AREN'T sports cars either...or are CHEAP versions of a particular sports car). Unless you are going through the trouble to drop in a better engine and install a turbo and work that engine like you are going to race it for a million dollar victory, please don't refer to your Civic as fast. Oh God, and especially don't talk about speed or racing if you have an auto. If you are trying to race with a daily-driven auto, you need to be b*tch-slapped.[hr]
Forget to pull the stick out of your *** this morning?[hr]
Nah, I just hate ricers...do you do a lot of thinking about putting things in peoples' asses?
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

I would like to know what year V6 mustangs all you guys are so called killing. And I would LOVE to see proof! And if whoever it was that said that they can beat or keep up with a GT is full of complete **** no matter what year it is! I'm at work and I don't have time to go into details but I will most definately make each and every one of you look stupid when I pull up the facts.
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

Please! It's a V6 mustang!! Not a freakin Ferrari!
A stock V6 Mustang has about 193hp and it weighs more than a civic.
Since a few stock civic EXs have been dynoed at 118hp, my car has an estimated 175hp (w/ the 50 shot and all mods)
Plus my car is lighter.
What's so hard to believe?

And I agree with you about the GT. I wanna see the 7thgen that can beat a GT. My cousin has one with just gears and an intake and man is that thing fast!

Oh yeah, and it was a 2002 V6 that I smoked. And it doesn't really make any difference if you believe me or not, he still got smoked! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

You I can believe. You have a 50 shot. Everyone else is just full of ****.
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

aznsmtboy is on a distinguished road
[hr]Originally posted by: SLAMMED01CIV
I would like to know what year V6 mustangs all you guys are so called killing. And I would LOVE to see proof! And if whoever it was that said that they can beat or keep up with a GT is full of complete **** no matter what year it is! I'm at work and I don't have time to go into details but I will most definately make each and every one of you look stupid when I pull up the facts. [hr]

you must have forgotten that I don't drive a civic, I drive a GS-R, I know it's not much of a difference but, it's enough to spank a V6 mustangs, I've seen alot of V6 mustang drivers, and they don't know how to drive for crap, some of my other friends that drive GS-R's have kept up with some GT's, there not that fast, most of them that I"ve seen at the track run low to mid 14's, a lightly modded GS-R, is pretty close to there, with just .5 of a second at state, alot has to do with precision timing and if one mistake is made, it can be over. I'm not saying that, the GS-r is faster then the Mustang, I'm just saying that I've beaten a few before. (V6 that is). The year of the V6 mustang that I beat are generally 96-97's.
Old 01-04-2003
Registered!!

SoFlaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
1994-1998 V6 Mustangs are pretty doggy....I could see a Civic giving one a run for its money (or better!)
140hp & tall gearing do not a quick car make!

1999+ is another story.