Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

How fast are the cops

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003
Search and Learn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
How fast are the cops

from the SCC magazine october issue

Impala: 0-60 9.25 secs 126 mph top speed 17.02 second@83mph 1/4 mile 60-0 133 feet
Intrepid 0-60 9.14 secs 136 mph top speed 16.98 second@85 mph 1/4 mile 60-0 145 feet
victoria 0-60 9.14 secs 128 mph top speed 16.99 second@84mph 1/4 mile 60-0 148 feet
Hummer0-60 20.65secs 85 mph top speed 22.11 second@85mph 1/4 mile 60-0 170 feet
Camaro 0-60 5.69 secs 159 mph top speed 14.14 sec@102 mph 1/4 mile 60-0 141 feet.

belive it or not
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

prawdigy is an unknown quantity at this point
their 0-60 is crap except the camaro, but the top end is good
Old 08-28-2003
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
Oh, well the ones around here in their crown vics certainly seem faster than that, they don't slow down much.
Old 08-28-2003
mig
Registered!!

mig is an unknown quantity at this point
Their radios are awful damn fast.
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

Yukonart will become famous soon enough
Indeed. . . and SOME departments "hop-up" their cruisers. Many interceptors I've heard sometimes pack a supercharger to give them the advantage.

Chevy and Ford engines LOVE a good SC.
Old 08-28-2003
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
I doubt these are blown in this little broke *** cheap country town but then again they do get a lot of revenue from drunk college kids.
Old 08-28-2003
Addicted to the Twisties!

FattyMcJ will become famous soon enoughFattyMcJ will become famous soon enough
The state troopers out here cruz camaro's and I know for a fact that they have a few extra "goodies" including, as mig said, DAMN FAST RADIOS. Also a good thing to keep in mind is the fact that if you see one state partol car, you DID NOT see the one before it, and that's the one that will get you, they always work the major Interstates in pairs or trios and radio ahead to the visable/running/lying in wait cars. Word to the wise, if you're cruzin' I-25 through Colorado...DON'T SPEED!
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

Yukonart will become famous soon enough
Got the article right in front of me.

Funny, I was just about to read the magazine as I saw this thread start.

These are all stock cars as the department receives them, I believe.
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

Renamazazo is an unknown quantity at this point
what would you say our chances would be on a narrow, windy downhill road...
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

lowriding619 is an unknown quantity at this point
word maybe you can beat the car but you'll never out run that radio
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
I remember during some event back in high school that a cop said that cruisers pack Corvette engines in them. It is no wonder why they are so fast.
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

lowriding619 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by jfan
I remember during some event back in high school that a cop said that cruisers pack Corvette engines in them. It is no wonder why they are so fast.

i think that was only in there last interseptor the caprice.... it had a lt1 in it stock hp was like 260 and that was with out the hopp up the cops do to them..they ran like a 14 someting sec quarter mile --i guess some places still use the caprice ( i know the gang task force here still uses them) but most i think switched to the crown victorias
Old 08-28-2003
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
Damn, can you edit your post and space those out so they're easier to see for people with sleepy eye?

Damn, most of the top speeds look like EX Civic territory. The Intrepid will catch an EX though if it tried to outrun it.

All it takes is a few good mods to outrun it though. The Camaro though... unless the Vic is turboed or lightly modded K20A2.

Last edited by SlammedBlueEM2; 08-28-2003 at 04:20 AM.
Old 08-28-2003
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by clownprince
Oh, well the ones around here in their crown vics certainly seem faster than that, they don't slow down much.
I remember one time watching Cops, one of them actually was about to overheat (crown vic). Goddamn. Must've taken hella beatdowns.
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

RunawaySoul is an unknown quantity at this point
That's interesting. I didn't know they were "slow." You never hear about the guys that actually outran them. Then again, a slower car with the exceptional driver training is far better than a fast car with an average anyway.
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

iluvbritney is an unknown quantity at this point
who cares how fast they are, wat if the cop was drivin a geo metro, u gonna run off?
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

evol is an unknown quantity at this point
nevada cops...
local vegas cops have nothing under the hood except for upgrades to the suspension.

highway patrol has a super chip and upgraded suspension. but they are now starting to run vetts, try outrunning that.
Old 08-28-2003
207 Mod is 10-8

kyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nice
unless you have a bike, the chances of running on a cop are slim to none. if he can turn on you then your probably toast. cruisers come stock with modified suspension, wheels etc. most places dont do anything else to it except lights and stuff.
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

DathAnEteRnaLbBLuE is an unknown quantity at this point
those cars are tuned like crazy, i have heard about the vette engines too. here we have troopers with camaros too but our turnpike troopers ahve a 100 shot of NOS. So anyone here in central florida if you do ever try to take off and he catches you , you can than racing zone for providing them with their extra HP
Dathan
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
thanks for this, i can add this to the Law forum for many members wanting to know times.

Injen
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

NitehawkVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
I outran the cops once. It was like 4am. going like 40kph over the limit... saw a cop going the other way. he starting slowing and turning around. I sped up. and turned hard into a neighborhood. left right left into alley then i parked in someones driveway. turned off my car and went for a walk

I walked up a hill, and sat in the bushes. lol. Saw the cop cruising around the neighborhood, but he didn't manage to find my car. he eventually gave up and left. but i was still paranoid. and had someone else pick me up. then i came back for my car later.

Keep in mind that it was my cornering and head start that let me loose him. I had Parada's on my car at the time. and this was in my old Civic.

EDIT: Also. I wouldn't try this again. it's a stupid move. I certainly don't condone it!
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
Silly NitehawkVTEC! We all know cops in Canada ride horsies, wear red, and have a 'Smokey the Bear' hat on their head. lol Of course you can outrun mounties!
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

JDog2001CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
You said the cops near you run nitrous??? That is way too illegal, and if you are given a ticket by one of those vehicles, you do not have to pay it because they used an illegal means to catch you, i.e. nitrous. We used to have a Crown Vic with nitrous in naperville, after the first ticket when everybody found out it had nitrous they took it to court and won, because the cops are then going above the law to give tickets out. If you can't have it in your car by law, performance parts that is, they can't have it either
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by JDog2001CivicEX
You said the cops near you run nitrous??? That is way too illegal, and if you are given a ticket by one of those vehicles, you do not have to pay it because they used an illegal means to catch you, i.e. nitrous. We used to have a Crown Vic with nitrous in naperville, after the
first ticket when everybody found out it had nitrous they took it to court and won, because the cops are then going above the law to give tickets out. If you can't have it in your car by law, performance parts that is, they can't have it either
You are exactly CORRECT.... if you can prove that the police are going above the law to enforce the law then your case will be dismissed, thats if you have proof of them having nitrous, etc.

Injen
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice

Originally posted by XxSoVeReiGNxX
Silly NitehawkVTEC! We all know cops in Canada ride horsies, wear red, and have a 'Smokey the Bear' hat on their head. lol Of course you can outrun mounties!

I think the red dudes are customs, or border police.

I have never seen red police dudes...

in my region they all drive impela, and their car is really likely modifiedand with the siren, and their crazy, they have a big advantage.
Old 08-28-2003
x-factor

prototype is on a distinguished road
MOVED TO NEW LAW ENFORCEMENT FORUM
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

JDog2001CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
he was making a crack about canadian mounties on horesback.

apparently it wasn't a good enough crack
Old 08-28-2003

WD40 is an unknown quantity at this point
The CHP has 29 (I think) '00 Camero SS's. They're all white with a low profile (2 inches high) clear light bar on top. They're real hard to distinguish. Now I not only brake for crown vics, but white cameros too.

Alright, since we're telling evasion stories, here's mine.

I was heading out to Orange on the 91W. Traffic was medium to heavy, but I had a clear run in the right lane, so I was doing about 95mph.

I came around a slight curve and was surprised to see a CHP officer sitting on the shoulder. I was already on top of him and didn't have time to brake, so I flew by him at about 95-100mph. As I passed him my radar detector went nuts, so I knew he had painted me.

I watched him intently in the mirror, but he made no effort to persue me. I thought, "Crap, that means there's another one ahead." I got off on the next available exit, which was Coal Canyon Rd. Unfortunately there are no streets off that exit that will get you anywhere meaningful, so I had to get back on the freeway. As I was accelerating up the onramp, I passed another cruiser that was idling on the shoulder of the very same onramp I was using. After I was about 1/4 mile away from him he hit his lights and started working his way through traffic, which was pretty heavy by this time.

I gunned it and started weaving through traffic like a jackass (I hate when people drive like that, so I try not to do it either, but this was a special circumstance). I watched him in my mirror, and he was having a hard time with traffic. I lengthened the distance to where he was out of sight and exited on Yorba Linda Blvd. From there I took surface streets all the way to Orange.

That's probably the best way to ditch cops: create distance and then go hide. As long as they're not on your bumper with their lights going, you can always claim you didn't see them and that you would have immediately pulled over had they been directly behind you.
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
ha

Originally posted by XxSoVeReiGNxX

a bit jalous of better quality of life and low crime rate in CAnada, "HUM?" (canadien hum)
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
Re: ha

Originally posted by orion_squall
a bit jalous of better quality of life and low crime rate in CAnada, "HUM?" (canadien hum)
yes... yes i am.
I used to live in Toronto and I've been around Canada. Some of the cleanest nicest cities are in Canada. Maybe its the cooler weather that keeps people from doing stuid things.

Quick Reply: How fast are the cops