General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

selling civic and cutting losses

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chyna is an unknown quantity at this point
selling civic and cutting losses

I am finally selling my civic, ex auto for dirt cheap. I know I am losing money on this deal, but I am so frustrated w/ the bank that I have a loan through. I wrote ealier about my bank, Hibernia, not being able to locate my loan account and issuing me a satisfaction of lien notice. I took the notice and got the title from the DMV. After that, I cut off the auto deductions from my bank to the loan. At the end of the month, the loan bank sent me a notice about an overdue payment. I consulted their lawyer and a military lawyer on this. Both stated that I needed to pay the loan even though the bank had made an error. I failed to make a copy of the satisfaction of lien notice prior to giving it to the DMV for the title. Now I am waiting for the DMV to send me a copy if they kept it (I had to send in $10 to those blood suckers for the copy) IOT contest this in court. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG] Here's another twist, I sent in a payment for NOV and DEC on 17 DEC, it posted to my account on 24 DEc and on 26 DEC, someone from the loan bank called me stating that they had not received the payment yet. WTF? The same day that I had received the call about the missing payment, I sent the loan bank two emails about how incompetent they were and then I sent a complaint to the better business people about this screwed up bank. Hibernia blows! tdown; Oh yeah, the lady I had been emailing on this subject at the bank for two months no longer works there. Must have gotten canned for this. It wasn't her fault that the bank's records were all screwed up. The bank has never apologized for their error or admitted to an error on their part.

Tomorrow I will work things out w/ the buyers about my car, settled for 10K b/c they are friends of the family. I have learned alot from this site. I installed an AEM short ram intake, APC headers, 2.25" full exhaust w/ Hayame muffler, cleared headlights, xtreme white fog lights, xtreme white head lights (30% brighter than stock), blue turning bulbs, blue washer lights, throttle body heater bypass (DIY), adjusted throttle, ECG (DIY), carbon fiber tail lights, JET racing chip, sportline drop springs (1.5"), hard wired my radar detector (DIY) and had on hand but not installed yet the AEM pulley set and timing gear, 17" Bezo Helix rims w/ Nankang rollers trimmed w/ yellow painted brake pads/rotors. If this deal doesn't go through, I'll reply and let you all know. You can see a profile shot of the car on autotrader, zip code 71459. I have a PDF file of this car but it's too big to post to this site.

I need to sell my civic b/c I bought an ITR '01 right after receiving the satisfaction of lien from the bank. The ITR had less than 7K miles on it, Mugen headers, Mugen exhaust, APEXI N1 coilovers and a 70mm throttle body. Sweet deal for only 21.5K. I installed an AEM cold air intake, installed an AEM water bypass valve, adjusted the throttle, hyper ground wiring kit and installed APC carbon fiber tail lights. The guy I bought it from had a turbo Miata and a 95 NSX. I don't think he'll miss his ITR. Next step is either a carbon fiber hood or an audio system. Then we will see about a body kit and turbo/supercharger.
Old 12-29-2002
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Another one bites the dust.

Sorry to hear about your problems.
Old 12-29-2002
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Thats not cool that you had so many problems and that you didn't get out of the car what you put into it, but on the other hand... I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun (any maybe a speeding ticket or ten) in your new ITR. And if the deal with the ITR works out like the Civic one did; email me!
Old 12-29-2002
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] about the civic....

about the ITR
Old 12-29-2002
Registered!!

viciousvolpe is an unknown quantity at this point
congrads on th ITR
id lose the civic to if i had that
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

BlackSI is an unknown quantity at this point
sucks about the civic, but u got the itr now[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
congratulations on the ITR. carbon fiber tailights? pls don tell me u put altezza tails on the car? ur gonna mess up the whole JDM theme.
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear about your problems and things with your car but congrats on the ITR
Old 12-31-2002
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Congrats on your purchase...I am thinking now about getting rid of my 2k1...Im not very happy with it...compared to the last few generations of civics....Just dont know what car to buy now...

I was actually thinking about getting a 2000-2002 Pontiac GT or GTP. I know I dont want another stick shift.
So far my list of cars that I am interested in is:
Pontiac Grandam or Grand Prix Gt
Pontiac GTP
Nissan Altima 2k2
Honda Accord 96-2002 Coupe V6
Saturn ION coupe...Being Released in the Spring
2002 Corolla S
1998-2001 Maxima Se
1999-2001 Solara

Old 12-31-2002
Registered!!

Niter1dah is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry you had all thoes problems but happy you scored on that ITR! Plz put the original tail lights back on your itr hehe. Its a crime to put apc parts on a work of art like that.
Old 01-02-2003
Registered!!

Chyna is an unknown quantity at this point
What's the deal w/ hating the carbon fiber tail lights? Doesn't look that bad.

I just heard back from Hibernia. Those bastards finally found the check that I had sent them. One of their brainiacs put my funds into the wrong account, probably his own. I sent in the final payment of $9K in and certified it so they can't pull this crap anymore. I am so relieved to be so close to ending my business w/ Hibernia Bank. Those bastards sucked so bad. No one in their bank took the time to note what I was telling them, no one ever admitted to any error or apologized and no one took the time to do a little rsearch before they called me everyday. Anyone with a virus feel free to unleash on Hibernia. Those bastards deserve a wake up call.

[IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]

Send me your email and I may be able to send you the PDF file that has some nice pix of my civic that I just sold. I sold it to a friend of the family. He goes to LSU and be turning alot of heads w/ this ride.
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

wannabeblown is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree...APC parts on such an awesome car is a sin against the JDM gods. But i'm glad you worked things out with the bank.

*EDIT* just realized this post was done in december 2002...the search button sucks.
Old 08-28-2003
Passin' You On 19's.....!

futurersxswap is an unknown quantity at this point
good choce of new car... bad price
IMO.. maybe they are just a LOT cheaper here or sometthing
Old 08-29-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
LOL way to bring back an old topic LOL.
Old 08-29-2003
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Daamn this is old