General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Acura RSX Type-S VS Honda Civic EX /w K20 SWAP

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kenji4861 is an unknown quantity at this point
Acura RSX Type-S VS Honda Civic EX /w K20 SWAP

So... Why do people want to swap? Would a Civic with the K20 swap perform just as good as the RSX Type-S?

With the money we pay for the K20 Swap ($7k-$10k), wouldn't it be better to buy the RSX-S?

Or do we all just want to see the opponent go "I LOST TO A CIVIC!"
Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

criminal is an unknown quantity at this point
cuz man.....the swap is just pimp....like having a whole differnt car but with the same body.....i dunno i guess it sounds kinda stupid but its hard to explain
Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

watewate is an unknown quantity at this point
of course.

but the drool factor is non existent with RSX-s. people at civic with k20a.

it's the intangibles, you can't always put dollar figure to everything.
Old 12-22-2002
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
this is why im doin the swap.

If i save up for 2 years i can get the money i need to buy a wrecked car for the swap. It'll cost roughly 6-7k for a wrecked RSX-S (trust me i've seen them).

So in two years i'll have about 5 grand left to pay off on my car. If i trade in my car then (say the car is worth 12 at the time) i'd get about 7 back for the car add the 7 i've saved up in two years you get 14. Now if i take the 14k and put it as a down on an RSX-S i still have 10k to pay off. Which means another 5 years of payments with intrest.

Now if i were to take that 7 grand dump it into a wrecked RSX-S (mind you doin the swap myself) by then i'll have 2 years left on payments. So once the swap is done i have 2 years instead of 5 to pay off. Plus a car that is lighter than a RSX-S

Thats why im doin it.
Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

Travii is an unknown quantity at this point
The swaped civic will be faster, but the rsx type s will out handle it anyday stock. I would do the swap because the civic is lighter, already have the civic, and people will be very suprised when the new civic beats them.
Old 12-23-2002
Registered!!

RyzRocket02 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Travii
The swaped civic will be faster, but the rsx type s will out handle it anyday stock. I would do the swap because the civic is lighter, already have the civic, and people will be very suprised when the new civic beats them.[hr]
Well, if you swap in the Type-S engine, it'll be close. The RSX's gears are more tuned for racing than the Civics. But, like you said, the civic is lighter. It'd be a good race. Yeah, the main reason people do it is for pimpage points. Everyone expects Civics to be slow. When you're doing 220 hp before any mods in a civic, you'll smoke a lot of wanna-be's.
Old 12-23-2002
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
the rsx-s is more of a eye catcher true but i respect those who do the swap because imagine the look on the stang owners face who just lost to a civic.

but i really like my rsx-s but i wont have it that much longer i plan to sell it and buy a 64 impala lowriders are my first love.
Old 12-23-2002
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: RyzRocket02
The swaped civic will be faster, but the rsx type s will out handle it anyday stock. I would do the swap because the civic is lighter, already have the civic, and people will be very suprised when the new civic beats them.[hr]
Well, if you swap in the Type-S engine, it'll be close. The RSX's gears are more tuned for racing than the Civics. But, like you said, the civic is lighter. It'd be a good race. Yeah, the main reason people do it is for pimpage points. Everyone expects Civics to be slow. When you're doing 220 hp before any mods in a civic, you'll smoke a lot of wanna-be's.[hr]
dont you have to swap it with the transmision from the k20a2 so it will be a 6 speed civic, so i dont see what your trying to say
Old 12-23-2002
Registered!!

Ducatti is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, if you swap in the Type-S engine, it'll be close. The RSX's gears are more tuned for racing than the Civics. But, like you said, the civic is lighter. It'd be a good race. Yeah, the main reason people do it is for pimpage points. Everyone expects Civics to be slow. When you're doing 220 hp before any mods in a civic, you'll smoke a lot of wanna-be's.[hr]
RSX-S has 200 HP stock, when you put that on wheel HP, you will have prolly around 180. Defentitly not 220.
Old 12-23-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: sadboy916
dont you have to swap it with the transmision from the k20a2 so it will be a 6 speed civic, so i dont see what your trying to say[hr]
Yup... gotta have the tranny with it. And 220HP is in the K20A Type R engine, not the K20A2.