General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Maybe moving to the dark side ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
Maybe moving to the dark side ...

Yup, that's right. I think I might be ditching my Civic for some new loving after the first of the year. And even worse, I think I might be coming back to the domestic market. I know, I know, but it's a deal I can't pass up. I think I might end up buying the new Neon SRT-4 that is coming out. Turbo'd goodness, right from the factory, for less than $20 grand. One helluva deal. I actually like the Neon. Had a 95 and I beat the living hell out of it, and it still ran. It was an amzing little car. Even stock, it's quicker than any stock Civic I've ever driven. So, I think I may be moving on come the first of the year. Only time will tell.
Old 10-24-2002
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
how come the first of the year?

Here in Ottawa, they're available already! You can buy them now...they're coming in next week. A friend of mine at work is going down today to buy one. She's arleady been talking to a salesd00d.

Good luck in your domestic conquest!

Old 10-24-2002
Registered!!

Intruder is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I have mad respect for that Neon. A former member of our Penn State Racing Team was the project manager on the SRT project, kinda fun talking to him now since he has clout in the performance community. But yeah, why the first? They are arriving at the local dealer here on Nov.1st.
Old 10-24-2002
Wicked Moderatuh

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
Well then, don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-24-2002
Premium Member

EManEX will become famous soon enoughEManEX will become famous soon enough
I don't blame you for wanted to buy a Neon SRT. My self I'm thinking that as soon as I can save-up the money I'm selling my Civic and getting the new Cavalier that will be coming out with around 200HP. This if Honda hasn't done anything to raise the HP of the Civics.

Old 10-24-2002

03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted
[hr]Originally posted by: taz757
Yup, that's right. I think I might be ditching my Civic for some new loving after the first of the year. And even worse, I think I might be coming back to the domestic market. I know, I know, but it's a deal I can't pass up. I think I might end up buying the new Neon SRT-4 that is coming out. Turbo'd goodness, right from the factory, for less than $20 grand. One helluva deal. I actually like the Neon. Had a 95 and I beat the living hell out of it, and it still ran. It was an amzing little car. Even stock, it's quicker than any stock Civic I've ever driven. So, I think I may be moving on come the first of the year. Only time will tell.[hr]
Good luck ....Do you finance, lease or own it out right??? I'm doing the same thing after a year with my civic....I lease and I'm going for the 03 Eclipse GT Premium .......Hope it all goes well, and let us know how the SRT worsk out
Old 10-24-2002
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
I had a95 Neon that I bought new and all I gotta say is that I will never buy another chrysler, especially a first year car. That was the biggest mistake I ever had...I dont care if its a turbo or not, its just another thing to break...especially on a chrysler.
Old 10-24-2002
Registered!!

theguysmiley is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, good deal Taz! Maybe you'll roll up to one of our meets next year in an SRT-4 and show us some tail lights. I wonder if you can chip those things, or if they're already running pretty much at the max boost the engine can take. Hmmmm...

(Didn't you just get new rims? That sux that you're gonna have to ditch 'em. Or does the SRT-4 use 4 lugs? Hmmmm... [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG] )
Old 10-24-2002
Registered!!

Juggaman will become famous soon enough
I got the new SCC yesterday...good article about the car. I don't have it with me, but I wanna say its pushin' 223hp and 250lbs/ft torque. Thats some power! Good luck...I was thinking the same thing about getting one next year also.
Old 10-24-2002
Registered!!

KurupTLX is an unknown quantity at this point
It's fast but have fun with all the problems it will give you... neons are NOT good cars. Beware of the tranny.

K-lx