General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Question about EM coupe chassis and ES sedan chassis.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
Question about EM coupe chassis and ES sedan chassis.

Sup yall?

I was looking into getting a new exhaust and I wanted to try out this one, by Ziel. They have one for the 2001+ Civic but the chassis code they use is ES, for the sedan. Will this fit a coupe? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] I'm wondering because people with sedans have installed GReddy and Skunk2 cat-back exhausts on their rides with no problem at all. However, there was a member who bought an axle-back exhaust for their coupe and was selling it because he claimed it was only for the sedan. Sorry to say, but I don't remember the difference between the axle-back and the cat-back exhaust so I'm not sure if that is a factor. Nor do I know if this particular exhaust is axle or cat-back. I need help!
Old 10-24-2002
Registered!!

ASWZero is an unknown quantity at this point
what up Zell, its Jon. The coupe and sedan have the same wheel base, so I am guessing it will fit. The only difference I would see is getting an exhaust from an LX and using it on an EX(cats are different). Ask Victor about it, he would know.
Old 10-24-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess now I need to figure out if it fits on an LX or an EX. I'm guessing it's made for the 4-door because Ziel/JIC-Magic is originally a Japanese company that has distributors in America.

And maybe perhaps the person who was selling his axle back just didn't know that it fitted on the EX (or LX)? I'll call and check tomorrow.