General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

is 170 HP Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZRPM is an unknown quantity at this point
OK, I'm gonna do the same mods as the Concept Civic...

Then add a turbo
Old 07-17-2002
Registered!!

Anyone doing good performance engine work for the D17 yet?
Old 07-18-2002
Registered!!

TEKNIQ is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Explosivo
HoeB16... you really are a PW aren't you? 900 + posts since Jan 2002? What's up with that? Not flaming, just wondering if you're trying to accomplish something...[hr]
Damn,, I must be a bigger ***** then............[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-26-2002
Registered!!

I think it's established that 170 HP at the crank is possible with the D17. That, my friends is 100 HP/liter N/A. Honda does make the best engines.

Concept Civic 170 HP
Old 07-26-2002
Registered!!

AlphaInfinity is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude, I guess you didn't see "concept" in the name? Until it hits the mass market, I consider this argument totally crazy. Is 170 HP POSSIBLE? Sure! Is is PROBABLE? Not at this point in time. Until it hits the mass market, I don't consider that 170 HP honda, or any other for that matter a real option.

Old 07-27-2002
Registered!!

It does establish that 170HP is possible with the D17 does it not? I think it clearly does. It provides a roadmap of how a custom tuned (maybe expensive) engine can put out 100 HP/Liter.

I do all my own work, except machining and ECU, so this is doable if I look at the specs.

Nice 'mods' BTW
Old 07-27-2002
Registered!!

bo0sT is an unknown quantity at this point
this arguement is ridiculous. 170HP?!?!?! That's easily accomplished with the right amount of money. All these guys are looking for more bolt-ons and turbos. Get some head work done... and i mean everything. Lighten and balance everything (pistons, etc) ultra lightweight flywheel, clutch, a good port and polish, have a cam made, along with a good 4-1 header with cat extention (not that dc sports crap) then start feeding it more fuel... bigger injectors, fuel rail, there's a lot of things out there you can do to your car RIGHT NOW. Just dish out the money you're spending on aluminum spoilers and body kits... and put it under the hood. A few months ago i posted a website of a company that will tear your engine down, and rebuild it. (D17 Stage two package) It costs about $3700... but it includes EVERYTHING you could ever need for a naturally aspirated civic. I worked with this guy on my integra.. he mentioned puttin individual throttle bodies on my civic (seen on many all motor race cars for extreme throttle response and mass air intake) He even mentioned making the rods needed for a stroker kit. Of course, you're talking major $$$ including dyno tuning... but with all that i mentioned i'm SURE you'll get more than 170hp to the crank. The Concept civic everyone is talking about features the Gude package. Yeah, Gude has screwed a few of our members over.. but they have been doing this for years.. THEY put that concept civic at 170hp.. not honda.. the website is here ---> Link e-mail them, tell them what HP #'s you'd like to see and how to get there, ask them what they can do for you.. think of something close to impossible.. and i think you'll be pleased to see that this guy John really knows his shi* call'em... e-mail him.. i see this 170hp thread all the time.. it's pathetic. i wish everyone would quit cryin about their slow cars on this site. most of us have nice rides.. if you're not happy with the speed.. do something about it. Sell your 3k dollar stereo system.. and get to work.