General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

extended factory warranty

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harley0711 is an unknown quantity at this point
extended factory warranty

Extended Warranty - Just bought a 2018 Toyota for the Wife,,, did NOT buy the extended warranty from the selling dealer... went on line and foudn a Much better deal for the Warranty,,,Not talking about some third party but the real deal.. I know some people do not feel they are worth it,, for us, its just peace of mind.. So, any suggestions?
Old 09-07-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: extended factory warranty

I suggest going to a Toyota forums for Toyota specific things... This is a Honda forums... Different companies, different cars

Other than that, I never give money to warranty guys - they will do whatever they can to not pay.

regardless of all above, extended warranty is something to think about when the original warranty is coming to an end. I would not bother about that when you have not even bought the car yet.

They are not going to let you forget that either - incessant letters will be sent to you prior to the original warranty expiring. That's when warranty companies are really interested in you. after that, they will ignore you even when you need them.

Heck, my house warranty one, they said they would not pay because when i bought the house, the house inspector did not OPEN the AC unit to search for cracks. Which house inspector would completely open up a AC unit to check for cracks?!?

Last edited by sdaidoji; 09-07-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-07-2018
Registered!!

Thanks for the response, I was Not asking about Toyota, just used that as an example. i always try to learn and educate my self Before a buy. I am well aware that extended warranty are not for everone.

we tend to keep cars over 10 years

Last edited by Harley0711; 09-07-2018 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-07-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

anyway, don't worry about it now - if buying new, there will be years before you need to worry about it
the money you would be paying for the extended one could easily cover a large breakdown in the long term.
Old 09-07-2018
Registered!!

I would agree with you on face value. We tend to keep our cars for 10+ years. Only reason wife got the Highlander, her car was totaled. Has with a new Honda - we do not Need to buy the warranty until the end of the time limit OR miles... now it’s a good guess the prices may go UP during those years???? Going back to the Toyota for just comparison- / I knew were going to get it sooner or later / by having it now IF we are out of the car overnight or away from home, it provides a rental and assist in motel . I do agree this Inly is an ok sealUF you keep cars for years.
I would keep the Honda as well. I am just doing my homework here on the Forum by asking questions
Old 09-07-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Of course it is easier for em to say that, since i try to do most of the work on my cars myself (although i am stuck with a hip replacement surgery right now...)

but personally i would say keep your money - even if you pay, they could simply refuse to pay, giving any kind of excuses that i have seen them do... So you could end up paying for the warranty AND the fix...
Old 09-07-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Hondacare is the only extended warranty I would recommend to anyone buying a Honda.
Old 10-06-2018
Registered!!

dryespo is an unknown quantity at this point

As with almost every car maker, there is a dealer out there that will offer the extended factory warranty at a discount.
Just bought a 2017 Civic with 12K on it for my son.

WIth my Ford and Toyota I purchased extended warranties from a dealer on line at 40% -50% of what the dealer here in TX was asking.
These are true Manufacturer Warranties, not some 3rd party. In Both cases I had to purchase the higher end service plan, but that was ok.

Looking for the same with Honda. Any suggestions ?
Old 10-06-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by dryespo
Looking for the same with Honda. Any suggestions ?
one post above yours

Originally Posted by ezone
Hondacare is the only extended warranty I would recommend to anyone buying a Honda.