General 10th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

New Member - Question on Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pk68 is an unknown quantity at this point
New Member - Question on Extended Warranty

New member here. Just bought my first Civic. It's a 2019 EX-L. The business manager sold me an extended warranty for an additional $1700. I called him this morning to cancel it and he gave a week to think about it. The warranty is for 10 years 120K. I am really not sure if I should keep it or cancel it. Given the electronics and all other stuff in this car I can see that it could be expensive if something goes wrong. But then it is a Honda which is know for reliability. The warranty is EasyCare TotalCare Package. I would like to know the opinions of the folks here on if I should cancel it. I have never heard of EasyCare before. So not sure how good a company it is.
Old 12-27-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Member - Question on Extended Warranty

Read your contract. It's quite likely they would find ways to deny coverage for most claims.
The only extended warranty I would recommend for a Honda is Hondacare.

You have 3/36 bumper to bumper, and 5/60 powertrain warranty coverage from the factory. IMO you have plenty of time to decide if you want an extended warranty before factory warranty expires.
Old 03-31-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cos999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Member - Question on Extended Warranty

$1700 is about $500 more expensive than you can get online. My Civic is 1 year old and 11,500 miles. I wanted to wait to see driving habits before i went HONDA CARE shopping. Turns out you can still buy one as long as you are under the new car 3yr/36k warranty. If you did not get that one, you can still get one. I priced shopped and found best price at Hyannis Honda from Sean who was a big help in understanding the options available.