Learn automotive mechanics and design? - Honda Civic Forum

General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Learn automotive mechanics and design?

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2018
Registered!!

Torontopaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Learn automotive mechanics and design?

I have been considering changing careers to become a mechanic or something like my father and grandfather who was some sort of engineer.

In Ontario Canada, its difficult to get a mechanic license 310s. It requires 4 year apprenticeship, college and exams.

Problem is there are not any mechanic or Automotive Technician programs in Toronto. So I wonder if there are online programs?

I would love to build custom cars, design and repair.

Are there any books or online courses I can take?

I was considering maybe an USA school since its easier and I am a dual citizen.

They have Red Seal exams and TEA challenge exams but they are hard now with all the electronic technology in cars today.

I know some basics of cars but I know that I probably only know about 10-20% of car mechanics. I taught myself mostly, working on my old cars. I have no car right now.

I wish I had a garage to practice repair and rebuilding engines.
Old 03-15-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Learn automotive mechanics and design?

I have been considering changing careers to become a mechanic or something like my father and grandfather who was some sort of engineer.
If you're actually smart enough to FIX cars on purpose........then you're smart enough to find a career that pays a hell of a lot better than fixing cars.

/no snark