Learn automotive mechanics and design? - Honda Civic Forum

General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Learn automotive mechanics and design?

Old 03-15-2018
Registered!!

Torontopaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Learn automotive mechanics and design?

I have been considering changing careers to become a mechanic or something like my father and grandfather who was some sort of engineer.

In Ontario Canada, its difficult to get a mechanic license 310s. It requires 4 year apprenticeship, college and exams.

Problem is there are not any mechanic or Automotive Technician programs in Toronto. So I wonder if there are online programs?

I would love to build custom cars, design and repair.

Are there any books or online courses I can take?

I was considering maybe an USA school since its easier and I am a dual citizen.

They have Red Seal exams and TEA challenge exams but they are hard now with all the electronic technology in cars today.

I know some basics of cars but I know that I probably only know about 10-20% of car mechanics. I taught myself mostly, working on my old cars. I have no car right now.

I wish I had a garage to practice repair and rebuilding engines.
Old 03-15-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Learn automotive mechanics and design?

I have been considering changing careers to become a mechanic or something like my father and grandfather who was some sort of engineer.
If you're actually smart enough to FIX cars on purpose........then you're smart enough to find a career that pays a hell of a lot better than fixing cars.

/no snark