General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Custom engines, vtech hemi?

Old 03-14-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torontopaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Custom engines, vtech hemi?

I am a classic muscle car fan and Ive been doibg research.

I see websites that sell custom or universal engine parts, blocks, valve heads etc.

I read online a lot of cara today use variable valve timing VVT or VVTi like Vtech engines. Are they as good as a Vtech?

I wanted to find out if any cars or companies have made a hemi style Vtech type engine.

Would it be possible to make this myself? Take the head or parts of a Vtech and a Hemi, maybe a Hemi block and Vtech head or some custom setup of a VVT hemispherical combustion engine?

I am sure its probably not easy. But the concept seems like an efficient powerhouse. A Hemi Vtech engine thats powerful and fuel efficient.

If I wanted to build a custom engine, what are some things I need to know?

Fitting the engine with a transmission?
Ive been told only same brand engines and transmissions fit but there must be a way?

where can I get them?

Are they difficult to get replacement parts like gaskets?

Has anyone put a vtech honda engine in a old classic car or muscle car? Or different brand? I assume the transmission needs to fit?
Old 03-14-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Custom engines, vtech hemi?

Has anyone put a vtech honda engine in a old classic car or muscle car? Or different brand? I assume the transmission needs to fit?
I think there's a surprising amount of support for J swaps out there.
Old 03-15-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Custom engines, vtech hemi?

Huh, if you start by asking, you will never finish it.

Guys who do this kinda stuff don't ask, they up and do it.