General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Intake Coupling Paint

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FrozenMyst is an unknown quantity at this point
Intake Coupling Paint

Hey all! I'm brand new to this forum... so if this is in the wrong place, I'm sorry. Anyways, I got a question. So I've been wanting a cold air intake for my EM2. So I bought one a few days back, and it should be in the mail here shortly. The intake has like a polished aluminum finish with blue couplings. Blue's alright, but I've got a black with red accents theme. So, my question to y'all is, do you think it would be possible to paint the coupling red to match? And if so, would regular enamel paint work or should I use a 500F engine paint?

Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 10-19-2011
Registered!!

MatthaiN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Intake Coupling Paint

If your going to paint anything in your engine bay, the general rule of thumb is that you want high temp engine paint. VHT makes a very good product. I would go with that if you paint anything at all.
Old 10-19-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you cant paint couplers. the paint will not stick, and if it somehow does, it will crack and flake after you drive it and they get hot and cold. just go over to autozone and get some black ones in the intake section. or look online for different colors.
Old 10-19-2011
Registered!!

FrozenMyst is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help guys. I'm sort of a newbie when it comes to modifications, and I'm really just now getting the hang of this stuff. I appreciate the advice about VHT as well as the fact that you can't paint couplings... which kinda sucks, but it's whatever. Thanks again!
Old 10-19-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Silicone Couplers are everywhere online. eBay, Amazon, etc. You can go to sites like: http://www.siliconehose.com/ or if you are interested in a specific brand like Hose Techniques, Tial, HPS, Turbonetics, Turbo XS, Vibrant, etc. Blue, Black and Red are the main colors. Samco makes different designs like Camo or custom colors like Pink, Orange, Green. Just get the inside diameter measurement of the hose(s) you need (or outside diameter of the pipes. You can also upgrade from worm gear clamps to t-bolt clamps, for easier install/removal. Good luck!