General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Camera's to protect speeding camera's ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thx1138 is an unknown quantity at this point
Camera's to protect speeding camera's ???

Just wanted to let you guys in on the latest bull$hit story here in Holland. We have a lot of traffic camera's here that take all sorts of nice pictures of you speeding, running reds lights and stuff. They're supposed to keep you from doing that kinda stuff, by giving you a nice fat ticket. Nobody likes those things. They're just a nice extra financial bonus for the government [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
So throughout the country we see more and more demolished, torched, spray-painted, napalm-ed and pissed-on camera's, coz ppl don't like em. And off-course, that's destroying government property, so they came up with a brilliant solution. Camera's to keep an eye on the camera's

I wonder what's next ? Security guards in little houses to watch the camera's that watch the camera's that watch us ???? [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-27-2002
Registered!!

Macko is an unknown quantity at this point
Buddy, that's the funniest $hit I've heard....
and what the hell is that red reflector doing on you bumper?... also you car looks ultra higher than my stock civic... and i haven't even lowered mine...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-27-2002
Registered!!

01SOHCcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

that is wack man!
Old 04-27-2002
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats is so screwed up, might as well just deposit your pay right into the governments bank from now on.
Old 04-27-2002
Registered!!

Chlorine is an unknown quantity at this point
the deflectors are mandatory in Europe I think, actually I think it's a fog light or something.
Old 04-27-2002
7thgens other Official Five O'

AZ2K1Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL

We have those cameras here too. The key is to pull down the sun visor and hide your face...then they cant prove it was you driving the car.
Old 04-27-2002
Registered!!

blackasnight2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
man am i glad that those cameras don't exist in my area and hopefully they never will, thats such bull$hit...[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-27-2002
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
thx1138: dude your taillights rock! are they stock one's over there, i want them!
Old 04-27-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
The cameras in New York are for red light offenses. Not for speeding, as there is no lawful provision in the Vehicle and Traffic Law to use them for that purpose. If you are issued a red light ticket by a camera in New York, it is a $50 fine and is referred to as a NOLs (notice of liability) which has the equivalent of a parking ticket. It does not appear on anyones record, regardless of who was operating the vehicle, but must be addressed otherwise the vehicle registration can be suspended. The cameras serve a purpose, police officers can not be everywhere at everytime, and we have many other duties in addition to enforcing Vehicle and Traffic Law.
Old 04-28-2002
Registered!!

thx1138 is an unknown quantity at this point

<< and what the hell is that red reflector doing on you bumper?... also you car looks ultra higher than my stock civic... and i haven't even lowered mine >>

It's the rear fog-light, and like Chlorine said they're mandatory. Ugly as hell. Higer ride ? I'm not sure. Perhaps it's the pictures. I'm running 15" without lowering. We have rear discs also so perhaps there's more difference in the suspension setup for european models(e.g. stiffer/higher shocks), even though there made in Ohio.

<< We have those cameras here too. The key is to pull down the sun visor and hide your face...then they cant prove it was you driving the car >>

They only need your licente plate in the picture. You gotta figure out yourself if it was grandma drivin' that day

<< thx1138: dude your taillights rock! are they stock one's over there, i want them! >>

Someone else on this site also wants them. I'm trying to figure out what they cost and where to get them.

As for the camera's, off-course the cops can't be everywhere, and I' rather see 'em chasing real criminals, than giving out tickets. But too spend huge amounts of money on a camera system, to protect another expensive system is a complete load of crap.