General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Owned a modded silver EX.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
Owned a modded silver EX.

Ok, so one night I decide to take a long drive down 580 east just to get out the house because I couldn't stand being locked up in that ****. There were quite a few cars on the freeway and as I'm always in the far left lane, I notice there's this car tailing me as I'm going a constant 80MPH. I give the car more gas and basically just speed up, giving up some distance... but the car comes back, and I'm like WTF? It's got me at 85 and I see it wants to go 90MPH and I won't remain over 80MPH during the amount of traffic there was so I slow down, and it changes lanes and gets in front of me. The car turns out to be a Lexus ES 400 with an old lady driving it. When traffic died down, I thought why not have a lil' fun. I caught up to the car and next thing you know, she wants to race me! But she would NOT make this car go over 95MPH... or couldn't (which doesn't surprise me for a car of it's class.) When traffic comes, she leaves me for about 10 minutes still going fast and once it cleared I thought I might as well just catch up to her and let her know not to race this blue Civic. So I downshift in 4th and take the clear far right lane and speed up around the curvy 5-lane freeway that ended up going downhill, and as the hill went further down, I droped it into 5th and flew beside her like a hitchhiker trying to get picked up from a McLaren F1... (ok, maybe not THAT fast but you get my drift.)

Woohoo! My journey led me to Tracy (a city, not a **** star) and I've heard lots about Tracy! (Other than my step-brother getting his house repossessed a few years back... it was such a nice house...) Heard there were street races and here I am in the middle of like this desserted town... didn't see one cop at all when I got off the freeway to get gas... but I found a fair amount of rice rockets and deserted 2 lane roads... if people were gonna race here, it's easy to see why they chose Tracy. Well, I decided to head back home. I couldn't afford much gas (stupid gas prices) but I had well enough gas to get back home.

As I'm back in Oakland (still on the freeway) from my probably 1 hour drive (I dunno how long it took to tell the truth but you know the trip back is always shorter as it seems) I notice this silver Civic coupe EX with an exhaust, rims, a drop, hyperwhite headlights and signals but green parking lights. (I assume they must've been blue before they turned green.) I drive up beside it and check out the guy's car and I accidentally head outside of the far left lane! Woops. Well, the freeway was clear... I drop it to fourth and leave him. He tries to follow me, but when I shift to fifth, he's so far behind I think his speed limiter kicked in or somethin. I slow down to take a turn uphill @70MPH cuz I don't wanna cause a self-inflicting tragedy to myself (or him) and he's on my rear but I tap my brakes to tell him to check his. On the hill I pull ahead, still in 4th and he can't climb it. So I let him catch up as he takes the far left lane and I take the second lane from the far right. We're fairly neck and neck with each other and again... I leave him... very far behind... still in 4th gear. The freeway is about to split... left side going San Fran, right side going Sacramento. He's still on the left side and I pull behind him to check the trim of his car... it was an EX... but I thought to myself... (no loud exhaust note?) Friggin automatic tranny EX. I put on my hazzards to let him know he was raped... graciously. I get over to the right side before I end up going on the Bay Bridge illegally. (I had no money to pay the toll.) I started to wonder if the guy was off the forums but from what I know, I guess not!

I'm bored... goodnight.
Old 04-08-2002
I do a body good

IMURMILK is on a distinguished road
highest Es is a 300..there is no ES 400
Old 04-08-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
nice win zell
7th gen civic?
and how do u not pay on the golden gate?
dont like to pay tolls
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

aZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura aboutaZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura about
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

RockfordFosgateBwoy is an unknown quantity at this point

<< or couldn't (which doesn't surprise me for a car of it's class.) . >>

im not even gonna comment.....

hello, we drive civics??? Thats a lexus. Worth atleast 2 of us!
a car of its class?????????
ummmm [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]

RF Bwoy
Old 04-08-2002
joe
Registered!!

joe is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

<< highest Es is a 300..there is no ES 400 >>

I am aware of that... that's a typo, sorry.

<< and how do u not pay on the golden gate? >>

I said Bay Bridge! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] Either way, I had put all my money into gas.

<< hello, we drive civics??? Thats a lexus. Worth atleast 2 of us!
a car of its class?????????
>>

In terms of overall performance, that car is worth 1/2 of ours. Just cuz it's 210HP doesn't mean it's top speed will be blazing fast but with that amount of HP, it could get off the line quicker than a Civic... even for an auto.
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
I races a Lexus the other dayked his *** in, but I have a Prelude, so I guess that doesn't count : )
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

avenger is an unknown quantity at this point
he didn't pay by blowing through the fastrak lane, i do it every so often when i need to get to sf and the line is

I smoked some a-hole in a blue 2k1 riced civic in the caldecott, i almost wanted to cover up my 7thgen stickers so he wouldn't want to join... and if you did join and you're reading this

ha ha ha hahaha ha [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-08-2002
The Fallen Angel . . .

Vizyun is an unknown quantity at this point
Auto EX's are far from race-worthy. TRUST ME (eyeing automatic shifter. . .sighs heavily)
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

<< he didn't pay by blowing through the fastrak lane, i do it every so often when i need to get to sf and the line is

I smoked some a-hole in a blue 2k1 riced civic in the caldecott, i almost wanted to cover up my 7thgen stickers so he wouldn't want to join... and if you did join and you're reading this

ha ha ha hahaha ha [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
>>

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]