General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

really big question

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wcooper4 is an unknown quantity at this point
really big question

alright i have seen the pics of the guy with the carputers in it with my 7th gen civ sedan i am thinking of putting a couple of dell 4400's in the trunk i already have the way of cooling the computers thats not the problem the only question i have is can the car handle two full sized 400 watt computers planning on putting a screen in the front and than putting two screen's in the front seat head rests networking the two together and than the one in the front will go to one of the computers and be the cdplayer dvd player and eq and all the good stuff and just put a tuner in the car that has a pre in for the computer sound card. just wondering if this is all dreaming or if i can do it. what would have to be done to do it and also one more thing could you hook up the computers diags to the computer in the back and get on the fly diags and engine info right out of the computer maybe put a screen in the dash and get rid of the tac and the speed-o-meter and all other crap and just put a wide screen lcd there and program the software to do it is that possible or am i way out there.
just curious if anyone wants to let me know what they think all the help will be greatly thanked

peace from texas
cowboy in a honda what a joke
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

mwwhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
why would you want to use two machines!?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

avenger is an unknown quantity at this point
its do-able, its overkill, but you can do it...... of course you'd probably run windows and youd spend 5k getting it all hooked up and you drive around and the speedo cluster pc crashes on you.... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

AFlyer is an unknown quantity at this point
man that would suck if you lost the speedo cluster. . . honestly officer, i had no idea how fast i was going . . . sounds like overkill to me. i don't see why one computer wouldn't do the job. and that sounds like an assload of money.
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

mpcivic2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'd definetly think about keeping the speedometer and just find another location for the widescreen like the visor or above the glove box. sounds like a lot of work also! good luck!
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

ScottieEX is an unknown quantity at this point
yea about 5 grand and several months of work on hooking up everything and getting everything to work correctly
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

civicpride is an unknown quantity at this point
How would hook up your internet? I just got my dell 4400 dimension
Old 03-13-2002
Registered!!

wcooper4 is an unknown quantity at this point
alright well first thing is first i work for dell so getting the computers isnt a problem sec. network them together so that people can play games in the back seat like quake and stuff and also about the speed-o-meter makes sense to not go there but if you look at the new caddy they have computer controlled speed-o-meter. and hooking it up to the internet using direct dou satilite in the trunk like they do with the burbans and stuff had to install one of those once used to install car steros for a living as well thats why i dont think this would be a problem i just dont know where to find all the screens or where to find the stuff to relocate like the ac and stuff thats my problem i already got the two computers and the screen the computers were free from dell chuckle
Old 03-13-2002
Registered!!

avenger is an unknown quantity at this point
someones mom and dad make lost of cash!

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] j/k [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-13-2002
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point

<< someones mom and dad make lost of cash!

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] j/k [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
>>

dude, he works for Dell. I'm pretty sure his parents aren't slipping him cash anymore.