General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Opinions on the 2006 Hyundai Tiburon Gt V6

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
corolla type S man. they are nice. 4 door, and have stock lip kit.
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

drive_fast_dail has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by MajinB
corolla type S man. they are nice. 4 door, and have stock lip kit.
I hope you arent serious
Old 04-27-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by drive_fast_dail
I hope you arent serious
why would i not be? if i didn't have my civic, id have the corolla type S
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
i think the corolla S is toyota's failed attempt at making a "cool" car, so they had to release the corolla XRS, which is a failed attempt also, because i've never seen one on the road before.. ever.
Old 04-28-2006

ive seen one and ive always been curious on the differences. but i see typs S's all the time at my school. either that or a civic hahaha
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

^^ the XRS is just the corolla with (i think, not 100% sure) the celica gt-s engine in it?? or a slightly detuned celica gt-s engine =|
Old 04-28-2006
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by xkimsungminx
^^ the XRS is just the corolla with (i think, not 100% sure) the celica gt-s engine in it?? or a slightly detuned celica gt-s engine =|
its a 2ZZ-GE, which is the GT-S motor, with a rated 15 MORE hp than the Celica.

The Corolla S (not type-S) is just a Corolla with all the power options, some upgraded stereo, and the lip kit. No motor differences from the Corolla CE or LE.
Old 04-28-2006

eh sorry. i call it "type S" o well. same thing. corolla S just sounds stupid
Old 04-28-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
eh sorry. i call it "type S" o well. same thing. corolla S just sounds stupid
it's cool, just that Type-S is a HOA trademark.
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

corolla S is just a corolla with visual upgrades. No tuner market, and certainly not good performing to being with. Corolla is just the opposite of a fun car.
Old 04-28-2006

well alot of chicks sure do like them alot. i just made my own counter point. he should skip the corolla
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

well alot of chicks sure do like them alot. i just made my own counter point. he should skip the corolla
haha yeah pretty much. Its like THE car for parents to buy for their teenage daughters.
Old 04-28-2006

yea me and my dad knew that i would mod the **** out of my civic, it was almost expected. i tried to keep stock till the warranty ran out at 100k. hahaha NFW it keeps gettin more and more stuff on it hahaha. im addicted. i guess it IS expected to mod a car nowadays. i mean really. its almost wrong to keep it stock.
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

its almost wrong to keep it stock.
Unless you are poor like me
Old 04-28-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
i think the corolla S is toyota's failed attempt at making a "cool" car, so they had to release the corolla XRS, which is a failed attempt also, because i've never seen one on the road before.. ever.

I've driven one before. Shocked the hell out of me to see a 6-speed Corolla out there. It was nice IMO.
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

^^ yea, i guess my opinion on it would differ if i actually saw them on the road and not just on their website, if they still have it available. but no doubt, i'm pretty sure it's fast, as mandangalo stated above after my post, it's rated 15 hp more than a celica
Old 04-28-2006
jdmtytedoridori

^^ yea, i guess my opinion on it would differ if i actually saw them on the road and not just on their website, if they still have it available. but no doubt, i'm pretty sure it's fast, as mandangalo stated above after my post, it's rated 15 hp more than a celica
yeah, an old member here bought one, i think his name was UTICivic or something. not sure. but he was liking it.
Old 05-01-2006
Registered!!

Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, how about this!?. how about i trade in my 2002 civic Ex EM2 for a 2005 civic Ex EM2? and maybe a different color too?. what do you think about that?

i have a white EM2. maybe i'll trade it in for the exact same car. another EM2 but different color and newer year?. i could stick all my stuff thats on my white 02 on my newer 05. atleast this way i could be getting a more newer car with lower miles and probably not too much more than my 2002 that i have now. i don't mind getting into a newer EM2.....just a though.

Last edited by Johnold; 05-01-2006 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-01-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
thats pretty stupid imo
Old 05-01-2006
Registered!!

OK!, what about the new 2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V? those cars are pretty nice to be considered sedans. those spec V's are awsome little cars!. 175 HP. 2.5 liter. i don't know. what do you all think? i know what may have been a stupid thing to do for me to end up getting the same EM2 but a newer year.

let me know WHY you thought that it would've been a STUPID idea.
Old 05-01-2006
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Johnold
yeah, the point of all my "car this", "car that" stuff is ALL based on the idea of a NEW car. cause i wanted something i STARTED. and nobody else has. i don't wanna be in a car that someone else has touched and driven and broken in. you gotta know what i'm talking about right?. it's just me. everyone deserves the chance for a NEW car. I want this to be my first time and my "FINALLY" chance to get one. i'm just worried about monthly payments and the overall total balance price (to a lesser extent though) cause i'm going to go from a 9,600 dollar car (is what i owe left on my civic) to a 17, 18, or 19K car. (after tax, tag, and title) that i'm kinda somewhat also concerned about the WHOLE price of the car. but this MUST be pointed out. YES!, IT'S GOTTA BE NEW. like i might of said before. the ONLY car that i'll get "USED" is the 2005 civic Si EP3 (hatch).

I know exactly how you feel. All the cars i had before were hand me down cars and they all had 200k-300k on them. My 04 civic was the first new car i ever had and they were all my miles. It was the first car where i did all the work myself too. With all the modding i've done to my vic, i regret not getting a used Type S. I had the offer to buy a used 03 Type S for the same price as my new vic. I just wanted a new car.

If you plan to mod your car at all, i say get a used Type S or a wrx. I've seen used TypeS's with 30k on go for like 16k and wrx's for 18k. The Type S is going to be a good investment, since honda has officially annonced there's not going to be a 07 rsx. So there is only one generation of Rsx out there. There going to hold there value better then the last gen preludes.

If you want a new car i say, mazda 3 with the hid option or a 06 dx civic because all the other civics are over priced. If your looking at the 18k range, you can probably get an accord too. The accords havent been selling well so you can get near invoice on them.
Old 05-01-2006
jdmtytedoridori

OK!, what about the new 2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V? those cars are pretty nice to be considered sedans. those spec V's are awsome little cars!. 175 HP. 2.5 liter. i don't know. what do you all think? i know what may have been a stupid thing to do for me to end up getting the same EM2 but a newer year.

let me know WHY you thought that it would've been a STUPID idea.
they arean't bad, cheaply built though, and it feels like it loses all its power after 45mph.
Old 05-02-2006
Registered!!

so you think that the 2006 nissan sentra SE-R SPEC V is not a good car? those cars seen to be pretty nice. i don't know though. i know NOTHING about nissan!.
Old 05-04-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
so you think that the 2006 nissan sentra SE-R SPEC V is not a good car? those cars seen to be pretty nice. i don't know though. i know NOTHING about nissan!.
Stay away from Nissan..I had a 03 Maxima S/E 6sp and a 04 Infinity G35 Coupe M6. Both are total junk.The interior is cheap, Better with the Infinity though. I went through 6 crank sensors, they eat rotors, the clearcoat on the Nissan had a defect in it and it scabbed all over the car. Nissan would not fix it. ball joints & tie rods replaced on both cars. These cars were bought brand new and traded with less than 25000 kms.(15625 miles) When people say the quality of the imports blows the domestics away. It's a MYTH. The only Import so far I haven't had problems with is my Civic. That is probably cause it has no power. If it did it would probably be breaking **** too.
Old 05-04-2006
Registered!!

^^ there's always a black sheep in every batch, and sucks but you probably got two of them. i personally have never had a nissan or infiniti so i couldn't say but the honda's i myself and parents have owned have had no major mechanical problems that weren't due to old age or what not. and all my friends that own honda's and toyota's have no problems with their cars. i dont think any of my friends drive nissan's though =| BUT yea.. american cars are sweet. i'd love to own a late 60's mustang, and i really love the new Mustang GT and i hope to own the new Z06 someday!! totally bomb rides.
Old 05-09-2006
Registered!!

well guys, I'm really leaning towards getting a 2005 civic SI cause i wanna keep in the HONDA pride family. but i can't seem to find an SI thats close to me here in town and thats less than 17 K. i can't believe how much people are selling those 2005 civic Si's when most people know that they didn't sell very well in the first place. i'm going to let the salesmen know that i know this. cause it's fact. they didn't sell much. i guess people didn't like the way they looked or whatever. i personally love the EP3 si hatchbacks. those cars are SICK!. but there's an 05 si thats like 200 miles away from where i live and they want 19,000 for it! ofcourse it's got like 8,000 miles on it but still. for 19,000 i can just go buy myself a "NEW" car. what do you guys think?
Old 05-09-2006
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute
they're nice. i was thinking of getting one, but then i decided to go with the better H
Old 05-09-2006
Registered!!

what do you mean by--> "the better H"?
Old 05-09-2006
Registered!!

hott02turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
still a hyundai like everyone else said

honda is the best H of course

Last edited by hott02turbo; 05-09-2006 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-09-2006
jdmtytedoridori

the EP3 is a nice car, i would get it if you really want it, but the resale isn't too great compared to most other hondas.

Quick Reply: Opinions on the 2006 Hyundai Tiburon Gt V6