Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Opinions on the 2006 Hyundai Tiburon Gt V6 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/258776-opinions-2006-hyundai-tiburon-gt-v6.html)

Johnold 04-24-2006 10:34 PM

Opinions on the 2006 Hyundai Tiburon Gt V6

Honestly, what do you guys think of Hyundai's and their ONLY fast and cooler car they have. the HYUNDAI TIBURON.

that car seems to be their nicest car they have. what are your HONEST opinions and thoughts on the subject?

shj503 04-24-2006 10:42 PM

They are great cars IMO
For the price you pay, you get much more
I also think the new Sonata and Areza(Azera?) too

diskreet 04-24-2006 10:51 PM

Looks good, drives well, but is almost girly. I see mostly girls with them, although a modest exhaust (NOT HUGE FART CANNONS) and some stereo equipment and nice wheels would cure that.

gearbox 04-24-2006 10:53 PM

i love it, but the older style that had the amber lens signals instead of clear. very cool look but i heard the mechanics aren't that great.

Johnold 04-24-2006 10:58 PM

thats hear say gearbox. i think those cars are HYUNDAI's BEST cars they have. atleast they're the ONLY sports cars they have. i went to look at them over this past weekend and i nearly creamed myself!. i fell INSTANTLY in love!. you should see the inside of those cars....my god!. i'm 5'7" tall. can we say....PERFECT?.

it's a GOOD happy medium car.

but it might be outa my reach as far as price and what my monthly payments MIGHT be like.

i want one of those cars soooooooo bad.

:shrug:

01HonderCivic 04-24-2006 11:00 PM

The 6-speed gearbox sucks. It's clunky and not very precise. Another thing that I don't like is that it's a bitch to work on, everything in the engine bay is under a plastic cover. The interior is okay though, I'm 6'2" and I had pretty good headroom

Johnold 04-24-2006 11:03 PM

well, if i were to get a tiburon. i'd get the Gt V6. they are just 5 speed. the SE models and the GT-Limited are 6 speeds i think.

01HonderCivic 04-24-2006 11:07 PM

Only the SE comes with the 6 speed, according to Hyundai. IMO instead of paying 21,000 for the GT, I'd rather just wait until the new Si gets some good model years under it to make it worth buying

ramcosca 04-24-2006 11:08 PM

If it's red, :hitit:, honestly.

I like that car so much but the fact that it's a car from the other H-brand scares me. I don't trust cars from the slanted H.

jhonsok 04-24-2006 11:27 PM

I've seen some pretty clean ones. They look a lot better than the previous gen tibs. Wouldnt be my choice but hey..i havnt really sat in one before..but for the price of a brand new 06 tib..i think i'd get something else..
I dont know anybody with a Hyundai..so i dont really have any first hand experience. I guess..i dont really trust them becuase i havnt had first hand experience with their vehicles..although they are learning..and getting better at making cars..and you do get lots of features for what you pay for.

gearbox 04-24-2006 11:35 PM

i think its a good out of the box car that you dont have to mod the engine stuff. even the dual exhaust looks good.

ramcosca 04-24-2006 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by jhonsok
although they are learning..and getting better at making cars..and you do get lots of features for what you pay for.

Tru dat. :tup:

Al Gore FTW 04-24-2006 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
The 6-speed gearbox sucks. It's clunky and not very precise. Another thing that I don't like is that it's a bitch to work on, everything in the engine bay is under a plastic cover. The interior is okay though, I'm 6'2" and I had pretty good headroom

yeah, that is its biggest weakness. the gearbox makes it really slow, even slower than a scion tc, which isn't really "fast" by any means. and the output is pretty weak as well, 172hp and not much more torque from a DOHC v6? come on.

MajinB 04-24-2006 11:50 PM

you get what you paid for. POS motor with a pos tranny. i mean what v6 don't have at least 200hp anymore? thats just wrong.

drive_fast_dail 04-24-2006 11:56 PM

All I can say its hyundai's best car, but you would still be buying a hyundai. They are cheaper because they are made with cheaper components. Oh, and yeah girly car, most people I know who like it are girls.

RedDragon333 04-25-2006 12:03 AM

If fixed up properly i think they look mean

xkimsungminx 04-25-2006 12:40 AM

i'm korean, and i would never buy a hyundai... period. when the tiburon (also known as the TUSCANI in korea) came out, i thought it was pretty cool. saw it at the LA Auto Show when they also show cased a suped up Red tibby i think, if i remember correctly.

overall the car is pretty crummy in my book. like someone said previously, for a V6 it makes hardly any power, i don't think the car's light either, the back seats have to be the smallest back seats i've been in to date, and it also doesn't get very good gas mileage for the power output. (i think it gets worse gas mileage than the s2k?? i might be wrong, if i am, someone correct me. the only thing i dont need to rant about is the way it looks. when i went to korea about... 3 or 4 years ago, they had lots of fixed up "Tuscani's" and they LOOKED pretty nice.

if you get one get the "HDM" Tuscani badges, they look much better than the infamous slanted "H" badge

LiKEaFeRiO 04-25-2006 01:19 AM

The Tiburon is a very nice car but it suffers from the same dificiencies as the previous gen Eclipse.

Both are overweight with a crummy V6 engine that gets shitty MPG.

If you are buying a sports coupe, how can you complain about rear seat room?

xkimsungminx 04-25-2006 02:07 AM

^^ haha you just restated the same points i wrote, but there're plenty of coupes that have more room in the back than the tibby does man. the accord coupe, our vic coupes have way more space and head room than the tibby does, the rsx-s has more space, the rx-8 has more space etc etc. well unless of course you're much taller than i am, in which case i'm 5' 7", so i guess the space and headroom topic is just relative to how tall or short, or how skinny or fat you are

MajinB 04-25-2006 02:08 AM

i know a girl that drives a tibby. its fugly. its the second gen i think. paint is nice. thats about it

Johnold 04-25-2006 06:27 AM

eh, all in all, it's a good car. it'll just be my daily driven car if i were to get it. but for that HIGH price. i don't know, i'll go to hyundai STILL just to see what i can get outa that car from the dealership. i HONESTLY don't know if i'll be able to get that car. i don't know....that makes me sad cause i think that car is hot. i wouldn't mind paying off a car like that for the next five years of my life. i'd keep it in GREAT shape. just like i do with my civic i have now. it's worth a try to see what kinda low numbers i can come up with right guys? it's worth it.

Black03civic 04-25-2006 08:42 AM

its a nice ride, and from what i hear the next gen tibby will be a si killer?

JDMspark009 04-25-2006 08:53 AM

There is a guy in Our Ottawa fourm we hang with here a the thread with a pic of his car:

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=258626

Cptn. Slow 04-25-2006 08:57 AM

the tiburoun is a car for people who only care about how the car looks not how it drives (aka women)

Day_Tripper 04-25-2006 09:06 AM

I have many friends with Tiburons they are under powered for a v6, heavy and guzzle like a tank. My bestfriend has one and the interior leather feels like plastic. There is also a girl here who has a v6 super charged she has put about $6-7k into the motor and she is getting beat by stock srt-4's

X0DuZz 04-25-2006 09:47 AM

slower den a scion tc huh?i have friends with a TC and a friend with a tib.... both with same bolt-ons exhaust and intake... the tib always walks the tc..... iono i think u can get a tc with a supercharger for the same price as a v6 tib

cj2185 04-25-2006 10:00 AM

Hyundai is moving up in the car industry. They are making better cars now & better quality.

CenZ 04-25-2006 10:02 AM

maybe he dont want to race it? i dont race my car, so i dont care that its slow, but maybe he wants a car that looks nice and is faster than the vic, i love the tibby, i was gunna get one, a 2002 black GT 5Speed, i turned it down cause of resale value, if it kept its value i would have that over my SSM EX, so yeah. and all you people who say its a cheap crappy car, its not, its in the top 5 most reliable cars. and im 6'1 and i fit perfectly in it...

xkimsungminx 04-25-2006 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by efil on evol on
the tiburoun is a car for people who only care about how the car looks not how it drives (aka women)

lol, i find that pretty hilarious because i know that to be very true, at least for the girls i know. one of my friends, at the end of 05, got a new mini cooper S just cuz she thought it 'looked cute', and cuz her parents let her get whatever she wanted. she was driving around the previous boxy E-class benz (one before the newest style) but said she didn't like driving it cuz it didn't look good :shrug: haha..

BUT i guess there are still exceptions with girls as well cuz my younger sisters high school girl friend drives an 05 white S2000 :)

and sorry back to the Hyundai Tiburon GT V6. i'm sorry but.... have you looked at the gas mileage on this thing? if you dont mind the gas mileage, totally go for it, but now a days... i think every other car with more power in the engine gets better gas mileage than it does. just something to think about rising gas prices, that will continue to rise as some newsgroups claim till the end of who knows when. good luck.

04hemiboy 04-25-2006 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by cj2185
Hyundai is moving up in the car industry. They are making better cars now & better quality.

True in the next couple years,Hyundai is going to be a strong force.Here in Canada the new Sonata and Azera won all the top car awards. As for the Tiburon,we have the Tuscani model.It looks good but that is about it.