General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Auto Civic Redlined 7.5k

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kelvin1262003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Auto Civic Redlined 7.5k

Tonight I was racing with a few friends on an old road. I started of in D3 and then for fun I went down to D2, and floored it. I forgot I was in D2 and I redlined, the engine was making the cutting off sound. I never knew Automatics allow that to happen.

After that I started driving normal. I only have around 4500km on my tranny and engine, car is still pretty new. But my car was acting all weird after that.

Engine temperature was colder then normal which is weird. My tranny won't die yet rite?
Old 02-01-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
1k miles and everything should be broken in safely. ya in 2 means the car is locked in second gear. if you drive from a stop it will be in second gear too. d3 uses the first 3 gears, d is all four. 2 is just gear 2. so ya you can go upto redline until the limiter cuts fuel. tranny should last another 50k miles at least.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Don't drop it to d3 or d2 frequently.

I used to do alot of highway driving and would always drop it to d3 to speed up instead of flooring it and letting the computer do the work.

Tranny went out in 45k miles...lucky for me I had warranty.
Old 02-01-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
my tranny is slipping at 45k and i NEVER dropped it from d to d3. Actually I haven't even downshifted the car by stepping on the gas more than maybe 10x over four years. i know thats bad. and i dont do it unless its really necessary. now it should be okay to leave it in d3 and when you're accelerating, switch to d4 (but not so that moving it to d4 causes it to upshift).
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

kelvin1262003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, I dunno wut to do. I shift around from D3 to D4 liek everyday, I was told it's okay between those.

Also if it takes like 3 trys to start up my car not even from cold start, does that mean i haf a problem?
Old 02-01-2006
Premium Member

well look how i drive and the tranny is still breaking. so i don't think it would make a difference. three tries to start? yea thats a problem. mine cranks 3 times and then starts right up first try most of the time.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold
I don't get how you guys have problems, I drive my auto so hard (95k miles) and I have absolutley no problems what so ever. I know it's stupid thing to do but there's been a couple times when I'll be hauling *** and to stop fast I throw it in D2 along with pressing the breaks firmly enough to chirp the front tires.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
wow you guys really like to abuse your auto trannies. I use to shift to d3 to d a lot then i found out it didn't really make a difference. Then i stopped, i have 54k on my auto and the trannies fine.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

EastBayStuntN is an unknown quantity at this point
for those who had have auto tranny problems, did you ever service the auto transmission for a atf change? just guesses why your auto tranny could suffer so soon
Old 02-01-2006
Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor

Xenin is an unknown quantity at this point
oh man i do this all the time. most of the time i do it cuz i dont want to use the brakes to slow down. i can tell the tranny is gonna go, but not for a while. i've got 67k kms (canada) but powertrain warranty is good up to 100,000. it really doesnt matter anyways, in a year and a half my lease is up and my mom will buy out the car and i'll be upgrading to the Civic Si next year...i cant wait!
Old 02-01-2006
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
change your fluid to start with ,, if it fails under warranty get it fixed if your tired of warranty do what I did and build it with the TCI auto kit the rest is in my boosted auto history book
Old 02-01-2006
Premium Member

i changed my fluid every 10k. seems like it needs it every 3k tho. and i have a separate oil cooler for it.
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

CiViCLiZeD714 is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to do that when I had my car. If you do it to go faster then please stop doing that. You'll pay a jizzload of money to get it fixed especially if you're not under warranty.