General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.
View Poll Results: Are Spoilers really all that bad?
They look kinda cool, actually.
29.76%
Not my style, but I'm not gonna hate on yours.
30.45%
For Ricers only, no one should ever get one!
19.38%
Only idiots get them. They look horrible!
20.42%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Are spoilers really that bad?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manick is an unknown quantity at this point
Why does Spoon Sports use the OEM spoiler on their cars, like the DC2 and the DC5 Integra? Just for looks?
I think our car and most others look just fine with a wing, as long as it isn't a bolted on piece of scrap metal. If it flows well with the car as if it really belongs there, and isnt too heavy then I think they are fine.

Last edited by Manick; 01-21-2006 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-22-2006
Registered!!

JetRudie is an unknown quantity at this point
Haha, round here we call em shopping cart handles, because it looks like you can walk up behind the car, grip the wing, and start pushing. I personally like the carbon F1 styles with the hump in the center, not the generic aluminum ones The Fast and The Furious made popular. And as for those OEM pieces of ****, they don't do a damn thing. Like the spoilers on Supras and the ones on Type R 'tegras, even the ones on the Eclipse GSXs, what good do those do, not a damn thing. The only real way to increase downforce is to get those so called "pieces of sheetmetal" because they are thick enough to catch the wind to be pushed down. Think about it...
Old 01-22-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
Originally Posted by JetRudie
Haha, round here we call em shopping cart handles, because it looks like you can walk up behind the car, grip the wing, and start pushing. I personally like the carbon F1 styles with the hump in the center, not the generic aluminum ones The Fast and The Furious made popular. And as for those OEM pieces of ****, they don't do a damn thing. Like the spoilers on Supras and the ones on Type R 'tegras, even the ones on the Eclipse GSXs, what good do those do, not a damn thing. The only real way to increase downforce is to get those so called "pieces of sheetmetal" because they are thick enough to catch the wind to be pushed down. Think about it...
Like there is even enough speed out of our cars to even think about downforce and we're FWD.Think about it.
Old 01-22-2006
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
rsx type one is kool
http://www.transformspoilers.com/cat...oducts_id=3975
Old 01-22-2006
Registered!!

JetRudie is an unknown quantity at this point
Haha, I know everyone thinks that don't they. Well believe me it IS true. Try a little experiment that I did. Next time you're rolling around town, going about 50 or even on the interstate do this. Take your hand and put all of your fingers next to each other like a knifehand or like youre gonna slap someone. Stick it out the window and angle it down a bit. The wind will catch the surface of your hand and push it down. On a larger scale this is applied to spoilers. The bigger of a surface the more downforce there is.

That RSX spoiler is nice I guess if you want a JDM look but it doesn't do anything. Very nice looking though.

Last edited by JetRudie; 01-22-2006 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-27-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
Originally Posted by JetRudie
Haha, I know everyone thinks that don't they. Well believe me it IS true. Try a little experiment that I did. Next time you're rolling around town, going about 50 or even on the interstate do this. Take your hand and put all of your fingers next to each other like a knifehand or like youre gonna slap someone. Stick it out the window and angle it down a bit. The wind will catch the surface of your hand and push it down. On a larger scale this is applied to spoilers. The bigger of a surface the more downforce there is.

That RSX spoiler is nice I guess if you want a JDM look but it doesn't do anything. Very nice looking though.
You can do the same damn thing on a bicycle.You think a wing on that is going to help?Next time you try that experiment slap yourself
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

Civic707Style is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't be this guy. I took this picture this morning at my school's parking lot (Sac State).
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

Civic707Style is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 04hemiboy
^^^^

OH DEAR GOD! That is just scary!!! I swear...eeew just eeew...as a female, if those guys even tried to just talk to me I think I'd just puke all over the place...eeeewww what the f*ck is wrong with them??? Is there something toxic in the water??? I think I'm going to be sick...that's just the most disgusting look I've ever seen.
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Civic707Style
OH DEAR GOD! That is just scary!!! I swear...eeew just eeew...as a female, if those guys even tried to just talk to me I think I'd just puke all over the place...eeeewww what the f*ck is wrong with them??? Is there something toxic in the water??? I think I'm going to be sick...that's just the most disgusting look I've ever seen.
HAHAHA that pic still has me laughin. tools.
Old 01-30-2006
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
Everything about that spoiler is wrong. I like those kind of wings..but they only suit some cars.
On a 4 door civic..HELL NO.

but that S15 looks great with a big spoiler like that !

If i were you, i would look into the Hybrid lip spoiler...now thats a sexy spoiler..
Old 01-30-2006
Premium Member

A KISS FOR ALL THE HATERS
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

cleansilver2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
well i have a silver and black spoiler that matches my silver civic. Currently I don't like it anymore and would rather have a stock spoiler but, not the hybrid one thats ulgy. Don't get the spoiler that sits 5 feet in the air you'll regret it.
Old 06-29-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
and we will all flame you if you get a 5 foot tall spoiler.

but why is this thread making a return?
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light
I like the type r spoiler on the 4 doors like this one

Old 06-29-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
why is thread coming back?? i think every thread should be automatically locked if no one replies for like 2 or 3 months
Old 06-29-2006
Broken Arm, How Am I Suppost To Shift

down_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusted
Im not gona hate. I actually had one on mine. heres the pic. the only thing though....
1: Totally Destroys Gas Mileage, Because of the drag.
2: Its Flashy, cops and Ricers .. do you really want to deal with any of them??
3: Some Of them Are GoDy Looking so if you get one. Get a C/F one.
I Took mine off for the top 2 reasons. SOme People Say they dont do anything for our cars because there Front wheel drive... dont listen to them.. there the ones that havnt try'd there just going off there byast opinon on what they think is cool.
I say its your car, Do what you wish. We can only guide you.. I say. Save your money, because you'll get sick of the attention and the depleated gas mileage. and then take it off.
I wont hate because i've had one on my car, but i say Go Eather OEM or Carbon Trunk Lid. (im going carbon lid) Good Luck...

YOu make The Choice.. What do you think looks better....
Back in the Ricer Day.

Or Now.. When I grew out of it.
Old 06-30-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
nice si wheels ^^ ...i have the samve ones
Old 07-01-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mrtrinh
I like the type r spoiler on the 4 doors like this one

OMG That vic makes me want to have a sedan, that has to be the hottest sedan I've seen

Last edited by boricua_civic; 07-01-2006 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

CaTacL1sm will become famous soon enoughCaTacL1sm will become famous soon enough
yea im def leaning toward that sedan look... just not tooo keen on the color. yellow or red for me
Old 07-03-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
i like my spoiler
Old 07-03-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
^!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2006
landonab

I like the way my spoiler looks on my 05 SE. It's purely aesthetic but from the back, I think it pulls everything together nicely and reduces the height of the rear window.

As for the aluminum type wings...not my thing as I think they were designed to have a purpose? Which doesn't apply to FWD autos.
Old 07-07-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MajinB
not my style... but i won't hate.
u wont ..............but i wil
Old 07-14-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
depends on the spoiler and the car it's on....some spoilers look good on any car, like a m3-style lip spoiler....then there are those that only look good on some, like those aluminum gt wings....
Old 07-16-2006
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute
dont put an aluminum spoiler on your car, its just not right..
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
only get one if its functional
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

cheukkin is an unknown quantity at this point
not that bad sometimes...

Old 08-10-2006

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ i have to say that looks amazing on your car
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

scrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of light
I just bought and put my spoiler on myself. I got it for 99 dollars painted to match my car and I picked it up since the seller was kinda local to me, but shipping is 23 dollars

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Here is the link to the auction I got it from. A good guy to get an OEM spoiler from. The paint job is a perfect match to mine and it came with all the necessary install parts and instructions. The only thing it did not come with were trunk springs, but I wasnt expecting them to have that. I may mod my trunk and put it some gas shocks using Grey's DIY. He has spoilers for both coupe or sedan (I think)

Linky

Last edited by scrimp; 08-10-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-10-2006

looks great man, needs a drop tho

Quick Reply: Are spoilers really that bad?