General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.
View Poll Results: Are Spoilers really all that bad?
They look kinda cool, actually.
29.76%
Not my style, but I'm not gonna hate on yours.
30.45%
For Ricers only, no one should ever get one!
19.38%
Only idiots get them. They look horrible!
20.42%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Are spoilers really that bad?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to behold
Are spoilers really that bad?

Just wondering if people really think they look horrible, or just ricey?

I'm seriouly considering a simple aluminum one on my vic, just for looks. I KNOW it has no real function on a FWD vehicle...

Last edited by ZapThyCat; 01-19-2006 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-19-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicHX01 is an unknown quantity at this point
please but don't get an aluminum one...

if you have to get one, either get a flush mount (like the hybrid one maybe) or OEM...
Old 01-19-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
not my style... but i won't hate.
Old 01-19-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
i actually like the spoiler on some cars. and on the contrary, it does have some affect on FWD's. it pushs down on the rear so that the rear tires grip better, and you can get better handling. i have first hand experience with this. i drove my buddies 93 civic a while back when it didnt have a spoiler. then he got a carbon fiber wing and i was amazed to find out that it was more stable while taking corners. and not just at 60+ MPH, it actually help at 20 MPH. at it didnt look too bad either because his car was black and the wing was carbon fiber. but to your question. i think that an aluminum spoiler looks really ricey on a sil ver civic. please don't do it.
Old 01-19-2006
EK Hatch

Ser1N is an unknown quantity at this point
oh when you said Spoiler i thought u ment like OEM style, i see thos as bleachers bench seats =P (wing) 100% rice =x stick with an OEM spoiler =)
Old 01-19-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
omg why? thats the tackiest thing i've ever seen. At least get one thats painted and matches the car. i think the sedan is already too bulky in the rear for a spoiler.
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

gaugeof12 has a spectacular aura aboutgaugeof12 has a spectacular aura about
There are some spoilers that look good, that is not one of those.
Old 01-19-2006

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
noooo jarroddddd!!
Old 01-19-2006
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rennen
and it didnt look too bad either because his car was black and the wing was carbon fiber. but to your question. i think that an aluminum spoiler looks really ricey on a silver civic.

cf on black civic looks ok. but aluminum on silver doesn't??? so what color does look good on silver???

sorry, i just gotta ask...
Old 01-19-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
if you get that wing you become a ricer. i let the neons slide since the rest of the car is clean, but that spoiler puts you over the edge.
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

TOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the rough
IMHO the only wings that look good on the 7th gen are the oem and kaminari wings. aluminum doesnt look good on vics.
Old 01-19-2006
Satin-EX

I have the OEM spoiler, but I like the trunk spoiler of the hybrid best. That alum. wing look like a solar panel, don't do it!
Old 01-19-2006
Once boosted now i-VTEC

C Orndorff is an unknown quantity at this point
Hybrid = one nice spoiler. Aluminum = Rice

Don't do a aluminum wing. They look nasty, and have no point on a FWD car. I say get the hybrid spoiler.
Old 01-19-2006
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
Aluminum is for recycling only!! Don't do it dude...
Old 01-19-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
no way dont do it at all, i laugh everytime i see a civic with one of those spoilers on, they look rediculous
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
people dont understand that some cars get those wings for downforce among some other things..... its not needed on a car like ours AT ALL. Its a fad that was started because people wanted to "look fast" and the just look stupid. to each is their own but i know you will regret it later
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

MYK1013 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm alright with spoilers and I would put them on my ride, but PLEASE, DO NOT GET THOSE TYPE !!!
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

yuogotown3d is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Aluminum spoilers are UUUGLY. The non oem spoilers sometime look nice but it depends on which one. OEM spoilers for the win.
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

Thuener will become famous soon enoughThuener will become famous soon enough
oem spoilers are the only ones that can pass the non-rice genre. although, im starting to think my ssm em2 would look cleaner without it.
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

hotdogpilot is an unknown quantity at this point
my 05 SE came with an oem one. i think i'd like my car better without it, but i'll keep it anyway
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

robbyduba is an unknown quantity at this point
yea I agree with the general census. Everytime I see one going down the road it looks like a shoping cart (that's buggy to yall in the north). Besides if you really want an aluminum spoiler don't buy one dig out the old erector set toys and build yourself one. Just thought I'd share my 2 cents like everyone else.
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

scrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Ser1N
oh when you said Spoiler i thought u ment like OEM style, i see thos as bleachers bench seats =P (wing) 100% rice =x stick with an OEM spoiler =)
Im with u man. I didnt realize he was talkin about those spoilers. I only like the OEM one
Old 01-19-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
a wing on a FWD car just proves your complete lack of physics knowledge
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
Please not an aluminum atrocity! Go OEM or Hybrid.
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

ZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gearbox
if you get that wing you become a ricer. i let the neons slide since the rest of the car is clean, but that spoiler puts you over the edge.
rofl! Thanks man.

Maybe it's just me, I like some of them... like on this skyline

or this one... hott.

I see a lot of people really don't like it though...

Old 01-19-2006
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
go for the mugen rsx wing or OEM
Old 01-19-2006
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
It's matter of an opinion.
Wing on civic is nono for me.

I would put the wing if i had skyline or supras, but civic isn't the car that support those kind of wing.

OEM Or none at all.
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
Don't get it! ur car looks good as it is.

GET A FLUSH...the ones you see on M3's - anyone have pics etc of products liek this for vics?
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
I like the OEM one, gives it a nice touch, but certainly not overdone or attention drawing
Old 01-19-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
i had one at a time so not gonna hate. i actually think their a little cool looking on our cars

Quick Reply: Are spoilers really that bad?