General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Eagle Talon go BOOOOOOM !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
Eagle Talon go BOOOOOOM !!!

man this is a great video you can actually see the rod bolt fly out and hit the fan in front of the car haha. great video of pushing the limits of a stock DSM block.

enjoy
http://www.1320video.com/vids/12.28RedRumDyno.wmv
Old 01-05-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
man thats gotta suck. but yeah ive done it before blowing an engine is almost an accomplishment for some reason. atleast when its high performance.
Old 01-05-2006

that bolt that flies out is actually the wrist pin out of the piston not the rod bolt like i said before god damn, crazy stuff i tell you
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow...that sucks!
Old 01-05-2006
"You leave me in the trenches taking Grenades, John"

Stachmo is an unknown quantity at this point
haha....that friggin sucks
Old 01-05-2006
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
team 1320 .. real popular on streetfire and i've done that before myself on a old car I had it was not pretty at all
Old 01-05-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
what a bunch of tools... "A real car is an F-body"
Old 01-05-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by R1Style
what a bunch of tools... "A real car is an F-body"
i'd have to agree, not to much can mess with even a slighly modded f-body well the LS1's at least.
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
Sucks to be that guy. Also, the Dyno Driver Dude is a tool. Then again, when I was at that age I was mr. knowitall too.
Old 01-05-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ajhdragon
i'd have to agree, not to much can mess with even a slighly modded f-body well the LS1's at least.
Do you have more respect for some one with 400 horsepower and a huge 8 cylinder engine or someone with 400 horsepower and a medium sized 4 cylinder engine? I cant say that I have any respect for the F bodys since they are typical american crap. fast in a straight line and completly useless for everything else
Old 01-05-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Mwhahaa I watched the vod. It was hilarious when they tried to pick up what looked that the rings or the rods, and they burned their hands bwhahahaha
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
That truly sucks, lots of hard work into the car and poof. And for the one who brought up the american crap f-body, dont bring that **** to yet another thread
Old 01-05-2006

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
diskreet shutup you never turn down a chance to preach your misguided views on american cars.
lol im playin but honestly lets not start another argument about american cars here and ignore what the kid said.

btw ajhdragon i agree, i love them. although i gotta say my buddys terminator (03 cobra) got to high 11's with 1400 bucks he spent on it only. high freakin 11's for 1400 bucks.
Old 01-05-2006
4 cyclinders down, 4 to go.....

acjones21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by diskreet
Do you have more respect for some one with 400 horsepower and a huge 8 cylinder engine or someone with 400 horsepower and a medium sized 4 cylinder engine? I cant say that I have any respect for the F bodys since they are typical american crap. fast in a straight line and completly useless for everything else

The LS1 is WAY more technologically advanced than the D17. 400HP is 400HP. Doing it with a V8 just means that you get some nice torque with it + the 6 speed cars get 30+ MPG. Maybe Honda should put one in the new NSX and get some real performance. I'd also put my money on a SS camaro with some nice tires against any stock civic/RSX with nice tires on a racetrack (real racetrack, not coneracing).
Old 01-05-2006

yea ^ plus theres no way your getting a 4 banger to 400hp NA.... and if you get it FI then youll have huge lag.........like we all saw in the top gear test of the 400hp evo
plus rwd pwns fwd.......
Old 01-05-2006

you dont get huge lag unless you go with the biggest turbo out there, usually a SC61 is a decent size turbo and spools pretty fast. the more i watch this video the motor had insane amounts of blowby coming out the engine and he's boosting 35psi that was asking for something to give
Old 01-05-2006

yea, i wonder if maybe he was bothering to upgrade fasteners and seals/gaskets/rings
Old 01-05-2006

basically it was a stockblock that had been boosted to hell, if he'd done it right and atleast gone with some rods and pistons and a few other things he could've made 400 at maybe 20 psi or something. the manifold looked stock he would've made more power going with a full-race style ramhorn
Old 01-06-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
yeah the stock blocks are good for about 30psi but anything more and you see what happens. i think it was stupid in the first place to run that much boost. it kinda shows lack of knowledge about the car unless they were just testing to see what the stock bottom end will hold. you see that boost guage get pinned at 35psi too which is the highest it can go so i wouldnt doubt if it saw more than that 35psi. to me its just a waste to spend the money on something like that then put it on a dyno knowing if you run that much boost its going to blow. i saw this happen to my old neighbor and his gsx. he went through 3 motors.1 because of detonation(trying to run too much boost out of a 16g and not properly tuned and another because of crank walk. so he ended up not blowing the third but he recently bought an evo so his time and money has gone into that thing and the gsx now sits stripped in his moms driveway. it probably has about 10k on the new motor but the car probably has about 130k on it.
Old 01-06-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ncirom2003
plus rwd pwns fwd.......
RWD does not PWN awd on ice or snow. but rwd pwns awd other times. dont make broad generalizations that arent true. every setup, whether fr,mr,rr,fa,ma,etc, they all have their strengths and weaknesses.
Old 01-06-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
RWD does not PWN awd on ice or snow. but rwd pwns awd other times. dont make broad generalizations that arent true. every setup, whether fr,mr,rr,fa,ma,etc, they all have their strengths and weaknesses.
i have to agree. its easier to pull a heavy object than push it. now that ther are ground breaking ideas like the new scion that uses a rwd platform with a v drive to revert power to the fron wheels allowing for use of a solid axle fron end and the abiility to run a larger slick you will see FWD cars running the same times as RWD cars.
Old 01-06-2006
4 cyclinders down, 4 to go.....

acjones21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by familycar
yeah the stock blocks are good for about 30psi but anything more and you see what happens. i think it was stupid in the first place to run that much boost. it kinda shows lack of knowledge about the car unless they were just testing to see what the stock bottom end will hold. you see that boost guage get pinned at 35psi too which is the highest it can go so i wouldnt doubt if it saw more than that 35psi. to me its just a waste to spend the money on something like that then put it on a dyno knowing if you run that much boost its going to blow. i saw this happen to my old neighbor and his gsx. he went through 3 motors.1 because of detonation(trying to run too much boost out of a 16g and not properly tuned and another because of crank walk. so he ended up not blowing the third but he recently bought an evo so his time and money has gone into that thing and the gsx now sits stripped in his moms driveway. it probably has about 10k on the new motor but the car probably has about 130k on it.
The kid was just standing there looking at the puddle of oil on the ground like it was no big deal. Does he realize that its bad when oil comes out? I love to see people working on their own cars, but you have to realize that there are limitations (especially on stock DSMs-or stock anything). I wonder what would have happened if they hit the nitrous?
Old 01-06-2006

ummm did you read my post first?
i said rwd>fwd i did not mention awd which when competing with rwd depends on the setup and car.
and yea thanks sherlock we all know awd is best on slippery conditions.
and i didnt make a broad generalization, we were talking about performance and for a fwd to perform as well as rwd in most categories (probably all except autocross) it takes more effort and money.

oh and if you watch the video guys..... it blew due to a lean misfire they said.
Old 01-06-2006
Registered!!

ummm did you read my post first?
i said rwd>fwd i did not mention awd which when competing with rwd depends on the setup and car.
and yea thanks sherlock we all know awd is best on slippery conditions.
and i didnt make a broad generalization, we were talking about performance and for a fwd to perform as well as rwd in most categories (probably all except autocross) it takes more effort and money.

oh and if you watch the video guys..... it blew due to a lean misfire they said.
it was bound ot happen running that much boost. regardless of an upgraded fuel system and if the car had bigger injectors. your still limited to the amount of boost you can run out of a particular turbo before it just blows hot air. in that situation your going to run into "lean misfires" that is where experience with that particular vehicle come into play as i stated above. knowing the limits of a particular turbo and fuel system are key when tuning. people think they can just turn up the boost or just throw on a bigger turbo. as far as the turbo goes you can throw one on but you will need a tune for the cfm that particular turbo produces. then if your intercooler isnt sufficient your not really doing much anyway. so its all relevant to the set up. its obvious these guys didnt care too much about this car either that or they just didnt know the limits or the set up they were using on that car

Last edited by familycar; 01-06-2006 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-06-2006

oh yea i agree theyre retarded and definately took the cheapest way to just get by and make that power. i was just saying that that was the specific cause.
Old 01-07-2006
Registered!!

oh yea i agree theyre retarded and definately took the cheapest way to just get by and make that power. i was just saying that that was the specific cause.
cool beans i didnt think you were tearing into me i just thaught i would make it clear as to why the car lean misfired. not everyone here is able to understand like you and i.