General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

i'm such a retard!!!!!!...LOL

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2002
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iamboo is on a distinguished road
i'm such a retard!!!!!!...LOL

i went to pick up my paycheck from work and went to pull out of the parking space that i was in.... i depressed the clutch, turned the key, looked behind me to see if anyone was coming and i started to push the gas.... my car wasn't moving... so i was like wtf then i noticed that the e-brake was on and the car wasn't in reverse... i started to laugh and get really embarrassed.... and while i was laughing i shifted the car into reverse but forgetting one detail...... i forgot the depress the clutch !!!!!! it made a really loud grind noise and a something that sounded like a boom..... and the car stalled..... then i was rolling around in the drivers seat laughing until i wondered if that did any damage to my tranny.... my question to you guys is... DID I ???[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lrguy2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldnt worry bout it to much as long as it was a one time thing.
Old 02-09-2002
Second Place is the First Loser

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
Ouch...... that would have been funny to see

j/k
Old 02-09-2002
Registered!!

CIVIC808 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol. probably thinking about what to spend your cash on and forgot all about putting it in gear.
Old 02-09-2002
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
oh yea... after that happend... my gears don't shift as easily as they did when i first drove it off the lot.....like i almost has to click into gear instead of grabbing it like it used to... or is it normal ??
Old 02-09-2002
Registered!!

mykel115 is an unknown quantity at this point
no it wont damge the tranny as long as you don't do it often
Old 02-09-2002
Registered!!

SiRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
I've done it, the Honda mechanic told me not to worry.
Old 02-09-2002
Registered!!

NeonNights is an unknown quantity at this point
Hehe...wanna talk about doin' stupid stuff? I was in the parking lot at Taco Bell one evening. I had just gone inside to get an application. As I was getting ready to leave, I noticed that the car in front of me had left. Well, I thought it was just like Wal-Mart, where you can just pull straight out. I forgot all about the parking block in front of my car. I ran completely over it. I managed to back up and maneuver my car around it so I didn't have to go over it with my back wheel too. I got lucky, because it didn't do any damage to my Sunbird. Well, needless to say, I didn't bother turning in that app. Lol. Something really funny, tho, is that I made one side of that parking block move about 8" so that it sat all crooked. Well, that was at least 3 or 4 months ago. I just went to Taco Bell a week ago, and that parking block is still crooked. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-10-2002
Registered!!

CiViCBoY is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol, saw that happen once when I was at Univ. My friends and I were walkin' out and a bunch of other students ran by...must've been in a hurry to get to the pub or something, so they hop into their cars and the first few take off. So the last one...I'm guessing he wanted to catch everyone just shoves it into drive and hits the gas and does the same thing. BOOM...he's wedged hanging over the parking block. Yes he was litterly sitting balanced on top of it. It was one of those wider ones, all 4 wheels hanging off the ground. That Grand AM was pretty heavy, needed to get the grounds keeper to help out to push that thing onto an angle that the wheels could touch and pull the car off.

LoL, let's just say there was major underbody damage.