General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

TCS still acting up!!!!! help....

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
TCS still acting up!!!!! help....

OK........my cat was rattling so i took it back to the shop............the guys lifted up my car and I went under it and we all checked it out...........nothing was wrong,,,,,it was perfect...........
when its colod it rattles and bogs down kinnda..........and one time it backfired,,,,,,but not out the back...sounded like it was out of the cat.................what the hell?????????
did you guys put your stock cat cover back on??????????
this sucks[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

ALSO my MAintenence light stays on longer than the rest of dash lights after i start my car.......like 5 seconds after[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

edit....maitnence light is nothing sorry....means my check up is coming up
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

hmmmm trevor i think you should check if theres any gravel between your cat cover and cat......
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-28-2002
Civic Gurlies
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

HondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the rough
uhhhh ohhhh you have to post this when im two days away from getting mine.
hmmmm i dunno what the problem could be.
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

deathor is an unknown quantity at this point
CALM DOWN DUDE

it does rattle
mine also rubs against my car
perfectly normal
don't worry[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

FamilyMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Same deal with my Maint light. I don't think it's a problem.
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

I know maint. light is no prob....just means my chefck up is do/...........

allthough the rattliung is HORRIBLE sometimes,,,,sounds as if my exaust pipe came unsrcewed from the cat.....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

It hassnt rained yet today so fck the shop im gonna do it my self,,,,,although lifting up my car is a pain in the ****....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

ILLWILL is an unknown quantity at this point
i hear a weird rattle too but i just put my radio too
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

01IncaPearl is an unknown quantity at this point
I had to bend the heat sheild on the cat in order for my TCS not to rattle. Havent had a prob since.
Old 01-29-2002
Registered!!

really inca?????
i checked under my car last night........took off the cat cover and crap........couldnt find anything wrong[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
wierd........
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-31-2002
Civic Gurlies

HondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the rough
I dunno guys. I just installed mine yesterday myself and I have no rattles what so ever. Sounds great. It doesn't rub either.
Old 01-31-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry about that dude !! That sucks......

Are the people that nstalled it professionals ??
Old 01-31-2002
Registered!!

MooCoW is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe its a defect????
Old 01-31-2002
Registered!!

oblivious9 is an unknown quantity at this point
A rattle from the exhaust is obviously different from that of a stereo.

Just turn the radio up and everything should be fine [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-31-2002
Civic Gurlies

Ha Ha turn the radio up! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] I dunno I'd be a little ticked off too if mine rattled but it doesn't! Guess i just got lucky.
Old 01-31-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Right On HondaChic.......but seriously dude, go take it to some professionals, and if they were, then
go see some other professionals. If that happened to me, after wanting and saving for an exhaust
and I finally got it, but now it rattles, I would be PISSED like a bastard. You go tell them what's up !!