General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Took car to dealership and now there are dents on the roof

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logovaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Took car to dealership and now there are dents on the roof

Took car to dealership and now there are dents on the roof.

Alright guys I need your opinions on what I should do. Here is the deal. I took my car to the dealership this morning and picked up in the afternoon. Now when I got my car I didn’t notice anything until I got home after work and I noticed 2 small dents on each side of the sunroof. I know that they where not there yesterday. Now I am going to the dealership tomorrow bitching because that is bullsh*t. What do you think they will say? And how should I approach this?

Thanks
Old 05-02-2005
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
you should be calm...then if they should deny it bitch like hell!
Old 05-02-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
yes, make sure you tell them about the problem before you start complaining. You don't want them to call the cops because they have a disgruntal customer.

Seriously though, I doubt they'll do much.
Old 05-02-2005
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
Did they have any reason to lift the car?

Because the EX's have a problem with dimples around the sunroof caused by stress on the unibody.
Old 05-02-2005
Registered!!

well i don't know if they lifted the car because all had them do is align my door hinges.
Old 05-02-2005
Registered!!

the only thing they might say is how do they know it was them and not me
Old 05-02-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
just talk to them... maybe you'll talk to someone who will be cool, and do something to fix the problem... probably not though... just remember to be polite, cuz you want THEM TO HELP YOU!!!
Old 05-02-2005
Registered!!

i got another question, how do you take off the roof lining?
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
you know those technicians at some dealerships drive cars that need to be service like a its a race car. Ive see some peel out in new cars on the lot in the back and mess around with them. i actually knew someone who worked for a dealership. car came in, he took it up to 120mph on the freeway and added 10 miles to the car before he brought it in. so word to the wise, technicians could treat your cars like trash. on the issue of dimples. im not sure if they could develop that quick just from a repair, even if they did drive your car hard. you shoulda said something on the spot. i usually inspect my car before i pull out of a dealer, just incase so they cant say its my fault.
Old 05-03-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
once u've left the dealership with your car without inspecting it its not thier fault if its damaged...your fault for not checking but see what u can do at the dealership
Old 05-03-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
why my dealer cleaned my engine bay, and ruined the paint on my intake. I told them, and I made the ****ers body match the intake color. At first they were gonna buy a new one. But they said I can have it painted any color I want instead, so we did that.
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

blackdragon will become famous soon enoughblackdragon will become famous soon enough
If you have proof that it wasn't done by you with really really recent pics or If you saw the problem on the lot b4 leaving then they would be held accountable. But still bring it in and CALMLY talk to a service manager or Exec.

I still have an extended warranty on my car for the engine & tranny. Went for a fast oil change and they scratched my lip. I buffed it out a lil b/cuz I'm a really laid back person but I actually saw it while at the dealership. The offered me free brake service & install. After wait for about an hour the guy took me to the back and said a had a f****** broken cv arm on the front left and it would have to stay in the shop overnight. They had to pay for it because on the paper i signed only for brake service not suspension or alignment or nething like that.
Old 05-03-2005
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
if you didnt say anything when you picked up your car, then theres nothing you can do about it, unless the dealership is ultra cool about happy customers.
but if they deny, you can throw a hissy fit but it wont get you far
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

Well, today I went to my dealership and guess what they said? Just as most of you suspected, they said it wasn’t their fault and gave me bullsh*t that someone tried to break into my car and blah blah blah. So basically I didn’t get sh*t. I kind of knew it because I had no proof of them doing it so that kind of sucks. Well the only thing I know is that I am not going to them anymore. I would rather drive extra 5 miles to go to another dealership.
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

AntiLoop will become famous soon enough
thats how it is man... honda cars rock but honda service sucks !!!
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
The service i get is awesome. They fixed my radiator under warranty even though the problem was due to rock damage (which the warranty doesn't cover).
Good luck trying to get them to fix your dents though. Like someone else said, you should have checked before you left the dealer. After that, it's your problem.
I don't know about you guys but the dealer I bring my car to records the mileage and exterior damage so that when they finish with the service, you're sure they didn't joyride or make new dents/stratches.
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by born2xLr8
I don't know about you guys but the dealer I bring my car to records the mileage and exterior damage so that when they finish with the service, you're sure they didn't joyride or make new dents/stratches.
yeah that would be awesome if my dealership did that but they don't and i don't think they give a sh*t. they are in the business of making money and that's it.
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

20civic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
did u go to the one on state street? they can be shitty sometimes. is extreemdesigns the one that jessica is part of?
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

blackdragon will become famous soon enoughblackdragon will become famous soon enough
Plain and simple Honda dealerships + service/maintainance = BS/Cr@p
Better to go to Sears let em diagnose the problem, get the parts for Honda Dealership and go to a decent shop. Trust me its alot cheaper, and if you guys haven't noticed servicing civics like ours cost too D@mn much at a Dealership.
Old 05-03-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ragingSPAM
once u've left the dealership with your car without inspecting it its not thier fault if its damaged...your fault for not checking but see what u can do at the dealership
exactly.
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

jjdawg22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by blackdragon
Plain and simple Honda dealerships + service/maintainance = BS/Cr@p
Better to go to Sears let em diagnose the problem, get the parts for Honda Dealership and go to a decent shop. Trust me its alot cheaper, and if you guys haven't noticed servicing civics like ours cost too D@mn much at a Dealership.
Eh.. no. My Honda dealer is the ****.
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 20civic01
did u go to the one on state street? they can be shitty sometimes. is extreemdesigns the one that jessica is part of?
no i went to one on michigan ave. in ypsi. where do you go? no i don't know jessica. extreemdesigns is my company and we do custom t-shirts.
Old 05-03-2005
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
go in. ask to talk to the service manager. don't talk to the assistants. they're more lile;y to give you bullshhhh straight from the bull. only talk to the service manager. at least at my local dealership, he works with you.
Old 05-03-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
before you approach the dealership, your gonna need to prove yourself that you did not do it and they did. you can only predict because what if you didn;t know the damage occured while driving and rocks on highway flew onto the roof? it could be anything.

if you want them to take care of it, your first gonna need a solid proof of evidence that they done that. which is very difficult in your situation.
goodluck
(ps, it doesnt hurt to try. at least you'll know then if their jerks or not)
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

Here what the ****'s did to my ish
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0060.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	53208  
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

Hendo_Honda is an unknown quantity at this point
Even if you spotted the damage before you left the lot, they would have said, "How do we know it wasn't there in the first place?". The only problem with these new 7th Gen Hondas is that the sheetmetal is too d@mn thin. I put a small dent in my fender when I leaned on it! > Dealers are not going to own up to anything unless it happens in front of you and another non-dealer-related witness.
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

Mdalicandro07 is an unknown quantity at this point
NEVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO A HONDA DEALERSHIP!!!!!

I had transmission work done, and my synchros went 15 miles out of the service center...
F*** HONDA SERVICE CENTERS...fix it yourself, thats my motto
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

When u pull into the service area, and tell them what kinda service u want. It is their duty to inspect it before sendin it in the shop. And after u sign they r responsible for any damage while on there lot. If they didn't inspect it im positive that ur car is their responsibility thereon. Sunroof problems is another reason I didn't get EX.
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

Mike4831 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I worked at Honda and I know for a fact they will not pay for it. You leave your vehicle there at your own risk. There is no proof they did it. The only suggestion I could give is to be calm about it.
Old 05-04-2005
Registered!!

20civic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Logovaz
no i went to one on michigan ave. in ypsi. where do you go? no i don't know jessica. extreemdesigns is my company and we do custom t-shirts.
i ci c, i graduated from u of m recently. i thought your company was another one. my bad