General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

mad at honda of america

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2k1Vtecivic is an unknown quantity at this point
mad at honda of america

its not fair that that japan gets all the type r but also they get a 5 door hatch and just to top it off it had the ex engine engine but it fetures 4wd
that makes me so mad that in japan u can litteraly choose what u want in ur civic and here they choose for u
look at the 4wd civic
awd civic

Also this car on some rims and droped would look good on me
Old 01-01-2002
Registered!!

BumpinCivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, sucks for us[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-01-2002
Registered!!

form3hide is an unknown quantity at this point
There isn't that big of a demand here in the US for stuff like that like there is in Japan.

If there was such a demand here, they'd do it. But they know they can make money off us Americans by just selling us what we think is the best deal for our money.
Old 01-01-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
It's possible to make an all wheel drive vehicle, but it takes some major cash and/or skills. I've seen a rabbit with a V8 and all wheel drive. Kinda impossible with the way our engine faces. Then again, if one was to do it, then you'de lose major horpower by transfering the power to the back through the differantial and through other gears. Unless you had magnetically suspended universal joints. That would be bad ***. That technically could transfer the power with almost no loss. Nothing like that exists for cars though. Maybe some kind of hydraulic gears like in an automatic transmition? Too complex. Just a set of universal joints could do the job with one differential in back. Where would you connect the rear differential to the drive shaft though? You have a choice of either right or left. I'm not sure if this would work though since it would throw everything out of balance. The engine would feel a pull on one side and not the other. I think you would need to drive shafts to the back going into one differential. Is that even possible? Then again, maybe our cars have a differential in front? If they do, then maybe all you need is two drive shafts on each side going out back? That would work, although I'm not sure if the differential would completely work in this situation because the turning radius up front would be different than in the back when making a turn. I wonder how Honda did it?

Edit: Yeah, we need three differentials with one drive axle leading to the back. The rear wheels travel a different distance while turning than the front wheels do. Weird. We couldn't have one drive axle leading out back though due to our engines position within the engine bay as described above. Oh well. Just a series of random thoughts.

Old 01-01-2002
Registered!!

crazydragon is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah what he said.