General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

BOSE devolops revolutionary suspension system...YES, BOSE.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
BOSE devolops revolutionary suspension system...YES, BOSE.

http://automobilemag.com/news/0410_bose/

Take a look at the video on the page.

Some info on Bose's website
http://qualitysound.bose.com/pg/lear..._challenge.jsp

I think this will change the way manufacturers set up their suspensions.

There is a video on the bose website called demo course on the right hand side, it is probably the most impressive video.

Last edited by nookiemonster; 01-20-2005 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-20-2005
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
its going to be crazy heavy.. cause it uses variable valving with hydraulic fluid
Old 01-20-2005
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Yes, but I'm sure you'll see this on Mercedes and Lexus cars in the next few years...
Old 01-20-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Anti-roll bars are no longer necessary. The bobbing-head dog for the parcel shelf is obsolete.
Awesome. Although 20 years is a long time to design a suspension... wow, I'd buy a car equiped with that if it has the performance that it says it has.
Old 01-20-2005
/////ALPINE

thom has a spectacular aura aboutthom has a spectacular aura about
yea i heard about these
.... i wonder if there also acoustic........
jk
Old 01-20-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
i read about this a while ago.... its friggin awsome... i wonder if that would be an advantage for drifting.... i think so with a stiffer rear end i think it would break free easier
Old 01-20-2005
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

I seriously doubt it'll affect drifting capabilities. Drifting is more dependent on technique rather than the set up. Hell it may be even harder with it...it would seem that they are trying to maximize grip and tire to surface friction.
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

TurboDieselDrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Greeeeaaattttt... the company that makes overpriced, poor performing, and low quality audio products now has moved on to screwing up cars...
Old 01-20-2005
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
I think the guy in the sports car suspension is trying to make his back extra loose to exaggerate the vibration of the car.

The porsche doesn't even move that much.
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
MIT eh
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

wrussi is an unknown quantity at this point
wow im impressed that is brilliant i hope that they will make a production model and that some high end automaker adapts it it would be the next generation in suspensions is incredible that came from a sound maker brand

btw great info man ive learned something new today
Old 01-20-2005
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
looks nice, but i dont get how it works. and i defeinatly agree that the dude exaggerates the in car movement as he goes over the bumps
Old 01-20-2005
Jam out with your clam out.

abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
i wonder what this will do to the aftermarket suspension industry. if new cars start coming wiht this and it is pretty damn expension, the companies are going to ahve a hard time producing new suspension and finding interest for a more then likely high priced suspension setup
Old 01-20-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
Originally Posted by TurboDieselDrew
Greeeeaaattttt... the company that makes overpriced, poor performing, and low quality audio products now has moved on to screwing up cars...
agreed....i think i smell high prices and expensive repair costs. and short life span too.
Old 01-20-2005
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

Yes, I agree that BOSE is over-rated, but I would like to point out, that auto makers will take notice, and ideas will spark.

IMHO BOSE has come up with something very impressive. Even if the drivers are exaggerating, the cars themselves are not.
Old 01-20-2005
Registered!!

ricanswt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by WannaBFast
its going to be crazy heavy.. cause it uses variable valving with hydraulic fluid
This is a quote from the article:
"The heart of the Bose suspension system is a linear electromagnetic motor installed at each wheel in a modified McPherson strut arrangement."

No hydraulic fluid.
Old 01-21-2005
Addicted To Boost

02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about
it's probly going to be a $10k option on a car.
Old 01-21-2005
Registered!!

Alphax is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats sad that an audio company did that well. My mouth is still open. BTW Bose rocks ... got it in my house
Old 01-21-2005
Registered!!

Alphax is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by WannaBFast

But, i think its geard more to the "Cadillac" driver at this point.

Im sure they'll make a more track ready version that is lighter. At least youd hope so.
Old 01-21-2005
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
Repost!!!. hahaha felt like saying that.

Grey posted this a long time ago. Its a pretty crazy suspension
Old 01-21-2005
Addicted To Boost

02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about
you know what, the bose suspension+tweels (michelin airless tyres)= a very nice package
Old 01-21-2005
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
Wow..
Old 01-21-2005
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by abmerop18
i wonder what this will do to the aftermarket suspension industry. if new cars start coming wiht this and it is pretty damn expension........

hahaha were u thinkin of expensive and suspension at the same time?
Old 01-21-2005
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
thats awesome!!! the bump test was the most impressive. i mean you can see how that affects the driver, even if the porsche driver loosened up, you know that if you have bumps like that youre gonna be all over the place in the seat w/ normal suspension.

give it a few years and theyll make this light and make it work in racing applications as well. all they need is a company like porsche or ferrari to fund it and put it in their race program.