General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Hey question for EL owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Hey question for EL owners

Im just kidding EL's are great...Yes they are the rich mans Civic is what i say..lolllllllll

My question is this i know you guys have the automatic trunk opener whish is great...What would it cost to install it on our Vics???? would it be hard????

There is already power there in the back with the two wires for the open trunk indicator so how hard could it be????

Thanks

I thought i would put some life in here man

Last edited by _Viper_; 01-07-2005 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-07-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
I know your here Telly I can Feel you
Old 01-07-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Thanks, it's hard moderating a forum with so few posts LOL.

Running the popper would mean that you need something to trigger it. The Civic controls for power locks probably don't have provision for power trunk. So what you would have to do is after buying the trunk popper from your local Acura dealer is get yourself an aftermarket alarm system that has a trigger wire for popping the trunk. Done and done.

We're not the rich man's Civic, the EL is the poor man's Acura.....ha ha.
Old 01-07-2005
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by _Viper_
My question is this i know you guys have the automatic trunk opener whish is great...What would it cost to install it on our Vics???? would it be hard????

There is already power there in the back with the two wires for the open trunk indicator so how hard could it be????
98-01 Accord Trunk Opener on 7thGen Civic from DIY section

Trust me .. I've contemplated doing this as well .. also saving the keyhole off (and emblem)
Old 01-23-2005
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
doing it with the Acura El relay and even replacing the keyless entry moduale with the EL should be a direct swap. If i got my hands on some diagrams I would be able to tell you, but really.. looks and feels like a direct swap.
Old 01-24-2005
TeLLy is my daddy

gtracing is an unknown quantity at this point
i actually have the complete service manual for the acura el...i'll see what i can find out and scan some pages over...
Old 01-24-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Hey gtracing how much did that cost you? I'm lookin at buying one from el dealerissimo.
Old 01-24-2005
TeLLy is my daddy

i can't remember....i remember it costed me an arm and a leg tho...but hey, if ur a diy guy..u definitely need one...i think it was in the high 100's low 200's
Old 01-24-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

I've gotten by with the wiring diagrams people posted on here, as well as the EP3 and DC5 manuals (freely available on the net). But once I get my various "fix" problems resolved for my car, a service manual will definitely be next on the list, so I can skip going to Acura altogether...I'm lazy to drive to my dealership, ha ha.
Old 01-28-2005
Registered!!

mini-nsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Guys at the stereo shop think that we can wire the factory keyless to unlock both doors on the first unlock and then pop the trunk on the second. As opposed to unlocking the drivers door, and then unlocking the pass. door on the second...

I dont know how he thinks he can do it, but thought I'd throw it in here. I use to work at that shop so the guy is pretty good with his work. But he could still be wrong...

Basically what ever triggers the second door to unlock would be wired to pop the trunk. Sounds easy, but I dunno if it is...
Old 01-28-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Yes all it is would be to reroute that one wire that is triggering the release circuit. Or splice into it if you want to keep the 2nd-button=unlock all feature. You'd still need a popper back there either way. But for the trouble (and labour charged) you should just get a remote popper triggered by a button on an aftermarket alarm system like compustar/viper.
Old 01-28-2005
Registered!!

mini-nsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Nah, labor would be free for us...

Hook ups are great...

Might consider an aftermarket alarm though since we've moved to memphis, not much crime were we were in Oklahoma. But I'm thinking I'll be driving the new civic and make her drive the old `89 since I work in a highly secure fenced area(no, not a prision, a chemical marine terminal)...

Compustar's are nice though, I was going to put on on my RSX-S back in the day. Then I needed tires so thats where the compustar $$ went I'd love to have one on my Titan...

Thanks for confirming though, I thought it sounded simple. I did sales not installs so my knowledge is somewhat limited...

Last edited by mini-nsx; 01-28-2005 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-29-2005
TeLLy is my daddy

if ur planning to go with compustar, u should consider arctic start (i believe it's that one) but yea, it's cheaper with longer ranger..same company makes it...just different names
Old 01-29-2005
TeLLy is my daddy

my friend who's an installer says that he can make ur car start anywhere in the world..all he needs is a car starter system and a pager or cellphone...

everytime i have or need electrical advice...he's the one i turn to (telly, i'm talking about ryan, karyn's bf) this guy has worked on so many cars u can ask him any year/make/model of vehicle and ask him what this wire does by giving him the location and the color of the wire...
Old 01-29-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Nice. How are karyn n ryan anyhoo? Tell them i miss them.