Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2003 Civic LX 1.7L Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blaketippett will become famous soon enough
Question 2003 Civic LX 1.7L Coupe

HEY HEY! I'm brand new to the forum first off! Thanx for allowing me to be a part of the Civic community!

Now down to buisnazz!

first my car only has...81,010k miles!

My problem is...when i take off from stop to 1st gear my car does a little shake and then it takes off and sometimes shakes and "long shifts" into the other gears make it rev up to around 3-4k...odd aye?

next...i just replaced plugs...no change was made, getting awful gas miliage...i check air filter as well, its good, nothing is wrong with it at all...any ideas?

last...now when my car is in nurturer and idling i can hit the gas to rev it and from 0-2k is an awful shudder...

any help is greatly appreciated!

thanx again for allowing me into this community and i look forward to many years to go!
Old 05-27-2015
Registered!!

Re: 2003 Civic LX 1.7L Coupe

BuMp?!?! AnYoNe???
Old 05-27-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

My problem is...when i take off from stop to 1st gear my car does a little shake and then it takes off and sometimes shakes and "long shifts" into the other gears make it rev up to around 3-4k...odd aye?

next...i just replaced plugs...no change was made, getting awful gas miliage...i check air filter as well, its good, nothing is wrong with it at all...any ideas?

last...now when my car is in nurturer and idling i can hit the gas to rev it and from 0-2k is an awful shudder...
Welcome to the forum.

Your complaint makes me think this isn't something easily solved over the internet, it may take someone driving it to feel what you talk about first hand. ...
...unless it's got codes that lead to an obvious issue.

Is your check engine light on? (does it work at all, nobody cut it out to disable it?) Flashing while you drive?
Got fault codes?
Old 05-27-2015
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

First off... ^^ what he said

Originally Posted by blaketippett
HEY HEY! I'm brand new to the forum first off! Thanx for allowing me to be a part of the Civic community!

thanx again for allowing me into this community and i look forward to many years to go!
welcome to the forum....love the enthusiasm!
Old 05-27-2015
Registered!!

No codes as of now. I scanned it to check freeze frame data and none there either. It's driving me nuts lol.

Also thank you to the other member for the welcome and the kind words of my enthusiasm!

Old 05-29-2015
Registered!!

Lokin4Areason is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the site ..