General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

looking for a stock deck that comes with steering wheel controls

Old 12-16-2004
iluvmycsx

looking for a stock deck that comes with steering wheel controls

looking to replace stock deck
i know the 01 mdx has it but not to sure what other models have them too
anyone know??
similar to what the cruise control is like

thanks
Old 12-16-2004
TeLLy is my daddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gtracing is an unknown quantity at this point
the accords have it, almost all the high end acura's have it...but i have no idea if the wheel will fit on the hub tho...um...maybe get a honda one? it'll also be cheaper...actually wait, it should all fit...cause i remember seeing a rsx with a s2000 steering wheel, and i remember seeing an accord with a s2000 steering wheel...so it means that accords fit on rsx's as well...and the hub for rsx and el's are the same
Old 12-17-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Good reply there Patrick.

Hey iluvmyel - the problem you will have is indeed finding a steering wheel AND deck....the stock deck should be easily enough obtained from someone with an Accord who bought a new aftermarket deck, but then again it won't be easy finding the steering wheel...then you have to get the wiring that runs from the steering wheel controls to the deck. Then you have to route that all through the steering column to the deck - not an easy task, believe me.

You might be better off buying an aftermarket deck (better sound quality anyway) then purchasing an optional steering wheel remote control for that deck. Something like this for example:

That mounting ring looks so-so....I'd paint it, ha ha.
Old 12-17-2004
Registered!!

EL-Sport is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TeLLy
Good reply there Patrick.

Hey iluvmyel - the problem you will have is indeed finding a steering wheel AND deck....the stock deck should be easily enough obtained from someone with an Accord who bought a new aftermarket deck, but then again it won't be easy finding the steering wheel...then you have to get the wiring that runs from the steering wheel controls to the deck. Then you have to route that all through the steering column to the deck - not an easy task, believe me.

You might be better off buying an aftermarket deck (better sound quality anyway) then purchasing an optional steering wheel remote control for that deck. Something like this for example:

That mounting ring looks so-so....I'd paint it, ha ha.
I was about to suggest the same thing. My buddy has that exact remote on his Integra for his Pioneer deck. It looks pretty decent and serves the same function as OEM steering wheel controls. It will probably be alot cheaper than buying an OEM steering wheel and deck too.
Old 12-17-2004
TeLLy is my daddy

gtracing is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the 6600dvd by pioneer and i bought that remote as an add-on..i absolutely LOVE that remote, so handy...but sometimes it doesn't work when it's too cold, or when it's otu of range...