General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Saturn Ion Redline

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
Saturn Ion Redline

Throw a supercharger into a redline and it's still a saturn haha. what a waste.

although it is kind of funny, I forget which magazine I was reading but it's something like 160 HP and there was a misprint saying 0-60 time was 1.3 ahahahha yeah right.

anyways...the car sux
Old 10-01-2004
TUCKIN 19s

2k2EXCOUPE will become famous soon enough
good story!

haha jp. i agree though- still a saturn...
Old 10-01-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
Horsepower : 200 hp @ 6450 rpm
Torque : 200 lb-ft @ 5800 rpm
Redline : 6450 rpm

Top speed : 144 mph
0-60 mph : 6.3 sec.
0-¼ mile : 15.3 sec @ 94.5 mph
60-0 braking distance : 121 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.85 g

Curb Weight : 2960 lbs
Old 10-01-2004
Banned

^^ that's the correct stats...still a waste of money...15's
Old 10-01-2004
TUCKIN 19s

2k2EXCOUPE will become famous soon enough
Nah, I wont lie, I think its a quick car... I wish mine did 0-60 in 6.3 seconds.... But I like mine better! Muahahah

I just dont like Saturns...
Old 10-01-2004
Banned

lol...you and you're 19's aren't hitting 6.3 anytime this year

it's quick, just not "fast"
Old 10-01-2004
Registered!!

HShadow is an unknown quantity at this point
You can't call a Ion Turbocharged just another Saturn. My friend has his Ion with a custom turbo setup, rolling on 19"s putting down 228Hp to the wheel on stock internals. Now his car is truly a competor to any 7thgencivic with a turbo. His brother is running a 2002 civic EX turbo and loses to him everytime about 1/2 car length.

Here is his car and a little history behind it. The owner of Axis wheels built it with my friend who workes for them. My friend now ownes the car outright:Turbo Saturn Ion
Old 10-01-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Eh, even if it is fast, it's still a fast turd. He may put down those numbers similar to the likes of an EVO, and he may be competitive on the track, but that's it. He can go to the track, and burn the quarter mile all day, and feel like a rock star, but once it's all over, he has to drive home in his low-rent craptastic econobox in the same traffic as everyone else, who most likely are enjoying the luxuries of their "slow" cars.

This is my opinion, and if it offends you, so be it. I just don't think any Saturn will find itself in my garage anytime this century.

Last edited by nookiemonster; 10-01-2004 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-01-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by nookiemonster
Eh, even if it is fast, it's still a fast turd. He may put down those numbers similar to the likes of an EVO, and he may be competitive on the track, but that's it. He can go to the track, and burn the quarter mile all day, and feel like a rock star, but once it's all over, he has to drive home in his low-rent craptastic econobox in the same traffic as everyone else, who most likely are enjoying the luxuries of their "slow" cars.

This is my opinion, and if it offends you, so be it. I just don't think any Saturn will find itself in my garage anytime this century.
hahaha thats so great and true
civics got good interiors
Old 10-02-2004
Banned

first of all, it's supercharged not turbocharged buddy. there is a world of difference...6-7 psi versus 20+psi

secondly, the car makes 200 HP way up in the powerband...useless...mine makes an underrated 230 (stock dyno for me was 238 just like car and driver was 239)...considering that my car is stock 10 pounds more, that's a world of difference

I'm not knocking saturn, I just motorswapped one and prepped it for re-sale, but you get what you pay for. saturn is the american version of honda...all slow, gas mileage, cheap car...and it does that job well, gas mileage is great...just nearly impossible to run the damn things fast...I know a kid who's dropped 50 grand + into his SC2 (and he has the help of a garage behind him) and all he's been able to get out of it is 12's...
Old 10-02-2004
Registered!!

verzo70 is an unknown quantity at this point
You can put 100,000 miles on a Honda and have no problems with it. Saturn is ready for the junkyard after 40,000 miles.
Old 10-02-2004
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
Originally Posted by DodgeNeonSRT-4
I'm not knocking saturn, I just motorswapped one and prepped it for re-sale, but you get what you pay for. saturn is the american version of honda...all slow, gas mileage, cheap car...and it does that job well, gas mileage is great...just nearly impossible to run the damn things fast...
wow I don't get this thread... You start it off by writing like you hate it, and then you're defending it

You can't even compare Saturn to Honda. Honda beats the **** out of Saturn in sales, even their own market. Acura is Honda too so that adds an array of better cars in the lineup. Saturn only have 4 vehicles in their lineup.

Please give Honda with some more credit
Old 10-02-2004
Premium Boosted Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
If you guys are going to talk crap about this car get the facts straight. Yes it is supercharged. But it runs 12psi instead of 6-7. It also makes 205 hp not 200. Go to the dealership and prove me wrong. I was there 3 days ago.

Also, the car, though it looks horroble, is built for track use. The suspension was built and tuned by the GM Race Division in Europe. The stock battery was relocated to the trunk for better weight distribution and still has a positive terminal up front for jump starts. The stock recaro seats are extremeley comfortable as well.

For the plastic thing... that's what's preventing the car from being sold. The interior still resembles a cheap rental car, despite their efforts. Even the rear quarter panel is all plastic. They can't be the best cars though. The Saturn dealership already had 2 used Ion Redlines, one with less than 3k miles on it, and another with 7000.
Old 10-02-2004
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
It says though that it can only pull a 0.85g on the skidpad too, I wouldn't really call that a mindblowing figure,for example, Car and Driver posted the Mazda 3S pulling down 0.87g on the skidpad stock and the 2 cars are of comparable weight.
Old 10-02-2004
w00t

acurastype01 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah it may be that fast when you buy it...but a week later..it just turns into the rest of the saturns you see on the side of the road
Old 10-02-2004
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would never buy a saturn, even if it did 10's on the 1/4
Old 10-02-2004
I usually put a cucumber in my bum when I jerk off!

johnovan is an unknown quantity at this point
It's just like the srt-4.. a tracked **** car that's fast.
You can put perfume on **** but it's still ****.
Old 10-02-2004

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by XxSoVeReiGNxX
wow I don't get this thread... You start it off by writing like you hate it, and then you're defending it

You can't even compare Saturn to Honda. Honda beats the **** out of Saturn in sales, even their own market. Acura is Honda too so that adds an array of better cars in the lineup. Saturn only have 4 vehicles in their lineup.

Please give Honda with some more credit
ahahahaha
saturn is GM
so now your putting them against
subaru
chevolet
GM
saab
volvo
pontiac
cadillac
Hummer
thats not even all of them
GM is one biggest companies in the world! where they fail with saturn its made up easily by all the happy young kids that buy their impreza's
they own 63 percent of subaru that makes it gm. Gm parts are in subaru dont think the impreza though.

ohh ya talk about loosing resale value on staurns and dodge neons
**** they drop 3 grand in price minute they are off the lot....our civic drop what? a grand? lol

bought my 02 for 13 grand deal century its now worth 10 grand
damn love hondas

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 10-02-2004 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-02-2004
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
I was afraid someone would get that confused...

Subaru, Chevrolet, GMC, Saab, Volvo, Pontiac, Cadillac, and Hummer are all their own separate companies. General Motors is the conglomerate of all of these companies, not just one super automobile-manufacturing company. It's an 'alliance' between all the companies.

Honda = 1 company. You don't see them needing to join Mitsubishi, Nissan, or Mazda to stay in the market

**not saying that any of the GM companies are having trouble in the game. Oldsmobile was just a fluke

Last edited by XxSoVeReiGNxX; 10-02-2004 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-02-2004

Originally Posted by XxSoVeReiGNxX
I was afraid someone would get that confused...

Subaru, Chevrolet, GMC, Saab, Volvo, Pontiac, Cadillac, and Hummer are all their own separate companies. General Motors is the conglomerate of all of these companies, not just one super automobile-manufacturing company. It's an 'alliance' between all the companies.

Honda = 1 company. You don't see them needing to join Mitsubishi, Nissan, or Mazda to stay in the market
You got it wrong GM is one company. they make trains plains tanks you name it and they developed the names of thier car classes! Its all based on age grouping and market interest....
my father use to work heavily with Gm , he was in a company that helped developed the paint coating process for them and he was in the saturn plant before anyone new what a saturn was. Saturn was fully funded and created by GM. As was oldsmobile before they got rid of it.
GM is like I said one largest companies in the world. They do a hell of alot more than cars...

TRUE back in the early 19th century before wwII and a little after it was a venture between several small automotive comapnies. However, since than it has become its own company beating ford as largest automotive producer in the US.
so your right and wrong.
GM is GM now you could say back in the day it was if your that old ,
in about 40 years or so dodge will be finally considered diamondcrysler.
since germans are 100 percent incharge and it was a takeover not a merger.

ohh and if you still dont believe me look it up in the stock market . thier is a reason caddy's special z06 engine sedan is produced in same plant as corvettes and thier XLR.

toyota is the secound largest automotive producer in the world. These are the giants!

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 10-02-2004 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-02-2004
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mm, GM isn't all bad, last I heard Buick had an excellent quality rating that met and even surpassed many imported cars. That doesn't make up for the Saturns, Chevys and Pontiacs, but nonetheless it proves that GM is capable, if they try, of making a competent car.
Old 10-02-2004

Originally Posted by dre2600
Mm, GM isn't all bad, last I heard Buick had an excellent quality rating that met and even surpassed many imported cars. That doesn't make up for the Saturns, Chevys and Pontiacs, but nonetheless it proves that GM is capable, if they try, of making a competent car.
mosty thier to busy smoking pot inbetween building cars. American people are the damn laziest people on earth in manufacturing
Old 10-02-2004
Registered!!

Thanks for clearing that up, WhiteCastle!

guess I'll head to the Subaru dealership and check out some of that hot GM wrx I been hearing about
Old 10-02-2004
Registered!!

Skunk2ner is an unknown quantity at this point
haha. saturn making a sports car... thats the best joke.
who is next? kia?

anyway, yeah i've read about their under rated horsepower, which is cool. but i mean the numbers it puts down on the track are not really that impressive. give me a Si or a RSX-S anyday over that load.
Old 10-02-2004
Registered!!

Treyplay8 is an unknown quantity at this point
A evo 8 is 270hp and 273torque turbo charged 13.8 1/4 30 grand whats so much better about this than the saturn. if you put an extra 10 grand in the saturn to mach the evos price it would eat it for lunch. the only car that has great hp is the neon for the price. but my question is will it last can that engine take real abuse in the long run. Thats why we all own hondas cause we no hondas can take a licking and keep on ticking
Old 10-02-2004

Originally Posted by Treyplay8
A evo 8 is 270hp and 273torque turbo charged 13.8 1/4 30 grand whats so much better about this than the saturn. if you put an extra 10 grand in the saturn to mach the evos price it would eat it for lunch. the only car that has great hp is the neon for the price. but my question is will it last can that engine take real abuse in the long run. Thats why we all own hondas cause we no hondas can take a licking and keep on ticking
13.1 secound car by the way and the sti is 13.2 by proffessonal drivers recorded in motortrrend average joe is about 13.3-13.8 max.

what your paying for! 4 wheel drive state of the art center differential and brake balance control. You also get a 2.0 liter turbocharged engine running to a 6 speed gearbox with you got it 270hp and 273torque that can easly be brought up with slight mods and still run 100 percent withen the transmissions and tranxels power ban of 300hp, the UK spec for under a grand slightly.

thats a **** load more stuff than lets say a front wheel drive car thats just turbocharged....

also the evo rs is the same thing 200 pounds lighter and 3 grand cheaper than the regular evo.

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 10-02-2004 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-02-2004
Registered!!

Treyplay8 is an unknown quantity at this point
we are not pros bro, you might be an average joe I 'm a good driver and dreally do your research 13.8 is stock.
Old 10-02-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Skunk2ner
haha. saturn making a sports car... thats the best joke.
who is next? kia?
look no further... http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/st...E21825,00.html

the saturn ion is kinda like the neon srt-4. they just threw on a sc/turbo and now its the new "teen sports car" thats affordable
Old 10-02-2004
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
[QUOTE=WhiteCastle]
TRUE back in the early 19th century before wwII and a little after it was a venture between several small automotive comapnies. However, since than it has become its own company beating ford as largest automotive producer in the US.
so your right and wrong.
GM is GM now you could say back in the day it was if your that old ,
in about 40 years or so dodge will be finally considered diamondcrysler.
since germans are 100 percent incharge and it was a takeover not a merger.
[QUOTE]
ACTUALLY, in the early 20th century, oldsmobile was its own company and they made their first vehicle in like 1901, maybe 1899 i cant remember... gm did not create oldsmobile or chevrolet or cadillac...gm's first make of car to own was buick, then oldsmobile joined after... ac spark plugs (champion) joined after that i do believe... cadillac joined after olds, but the creators of cadillac left gm to form Lincoln motors... there a lot more but this is just an example of just because your dad worked for gm doesnt mean you know all about it

dammit i cant get the quote to work :\
Old 10-02-2004
I usually put a cucumber in my bum when I jerk off!

johnovan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quit your bitching idiots

Quick Reply: Saturn Ion Redline