General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Saturn Ion Redline

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ROCKET JOCKEY
Sometimes I think all you guys are brainwashed, Saturn is not a bad car . You guys may not like the styling or the plastic , but there is no facts behind your guys claims of the cars unreliability . I worked for GM for 2 years and the fact of the matter the diffrence of cars now days is very little . You can get a 100,000 miles out of a Suzuki if you take care of it . A 100,000 dollars Mercedes has maybe one less problem in the life of the car than lets say a 19000 dollar Malibu .
I dunno. I'm not big on plastic. when some jackass hits me at 85 mph, I want some steel in between my body and his front fender.

but I guess plastic is ok for you...
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
saturn is what honda used to be (before honda jackasses started charging us money for our plastic pieces of ****)

they get great gas mileage, but do nothing else well.
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

soon you'll have to drop 18 grand on a saturn that is really worth 12...
Old 10-04-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DodgeNeonSRT-4
soon you'll have to drop 18 grand on a saturn that is really worth 12...

same goes with the srt-4....
thats why you get an rsx-type S
evo
STI
350z
s2000
not so sure about the rx8

hey read article about new gt mustang 5.1 0-60 haha v8 still owned by boosted imports wrx and STI

faster than gto though
still a pOS retro hunk of metal weight is 3500 pounds

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 10-04-2004 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-04-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
saturn is what honda used to be (before honda jackasses started charging us money for our plastic pieces of ****)

they get great gas mileage, but do nothing else well.

Funny, Honda has done Very well in motorspors over the years... (Its one of the advantages of having a Double wishbone suspension when every one else is running Struts, Semi Trailng arms and other such primitive suspensions... Too bad we have struts now too. )

Just one example, the 1989 Civic Si is easily the best car you can have for STS classed Autocross, as well as it being a VERY good ITA road course car. Then theres the S2000, a Great B-Stock car. Not to mention the Integra R... and the Civic Si's that have been doing VERY well in SSC

Saturn also Is doing Very well for its self in racing. a Saturn SC2 has took 1st at the SCCA runoffs for the last year in SSC (Showroom stock C)

There is a lot more to a car then just 0-60 times and HP/Torque numbers...
Old 10-04-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I dunno. I'm not big on plastic. when some jackass hits me at 85 mph, I want some steel in between my body and his front fender.

but I guess plastic is ok for you...

There is steel... The plastic is just the outter panels, there is still Steel reinforcemtnes on the inside, just like every other car. (the sheet metal on most cars doesnt do squat for resisting colisins any way)

Brows around http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov and check how the SRT-4 checks out on safty.....

Vs the Civic..

Vs the Ion..

notice that the Neon has the lower rating....
Old 10-04-2004
Registered!!

Whelan is an unknown quantity at this point
Its still a helluva car that holds its own. I was gonna get a Redline but my old Saturn was totalled last August so I went for the Civic. I have previously owned 2 Saturns a 92 SL1 and a 94 SL1, both 5spd. The last one had almost 5k invested into it. The hard thing for Saturns is they have no aftermarket at this point, its hard to find since it's such a niche. But I basically did all the mods myself from the gauges, interior work, engine, and exterior lighting.

http://members.cardomain.com/whelan
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by Zzyzx
There is steel... The plastic is just the outter panels, there is still Steel reinforcemtnes on the inside, just like every other car. (the sheet metal on most cars doesnt do squat for resisting colisins any way)

Brows around http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov and check how the SRT-4 checks out on safty.....

Vs the Civic..

Vs the Ion..

notice that the Neon has the lower rating....
notice how the neon is built for the track...at least my car isn't plastic...
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by Zzyzx
Funny, Honda has done Very well in motorspors over the years... (Its one of the advantages of having a Double wishbone suspension when every one else is running Struts, Semi Trailng arms and other such primitive suspensions... Too bad we have struts now too. )

Just one example, the 1989 Civic Si is easily the best car you can have for STS classed Autocross, as well as it being a VERY good ITA road course car. Then theres the S2000, a Great B-Stock car. Not to mention the Integra R... and the Civic Si's that have been doing VERY well in SSC

Saturn also Is doing Very well for its self in racing. a Saturn SC2 has took 1st at the SCCA runoffs for the last year in SSC (Showroom stock C)

There is a lot more to a car then just 0-60 times and HP/Torque numbers...
not in drag racing...
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by WhiteCastle

same goes with the srt-4....
thats why you get an rsx-type S
evo
STI
350z
s2000
not so sure about the rx8

hey read article about new gt mustang 5.1 0-60 haha v8 still owned by boosted imports wrx and STI

faster than gto though
still a pOS retro hunk of metal weight is 3500 pounds
are you joking? what about road and track calling it "america's greatest performance buy" for THREE years in a row don't you understand? bang for your buck...
Old 10-04-2004
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
If we are dissing a civic for quality then the quality of a neon (including neon SRT-4) should be very questionable. Civic though underpowered is well balanced and has exceptional fit and finish and comes from racing pedigree. Racing improves the breed and the feel and handling of even the stock car shows racing spirit, even though it is a fuel economy grocery getter for most.

Someone indicated that a Ion redline is nothing but a stock Ion with a supercharger on the engine. First thing that comes to mind is that a neon SRT-4 is just a neon with a Turbo PT Engine. Do not flame about the tokicos and LSD, I'm sure the Ion Redline has other features as well if we were to get into the nitty gritty of things. If the interior quality of Ion Redline is considered poor how is that any worse than a neon with good seats.

Neon SRT-4 is a great car for the money. My personal choice for best FWD drive is the RSX Type S. Its not always about 1/4 mile times when making a race car.

Last edited by nindoo; 10-04-2004 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by nindoo
If we are dissing a civic for quality then the quality of a neon (including neon SRT-4) should be very questionable. Civic though underpowered is well balanced and has exceptional fit and finish and comes from racing pedigree. Racing improves the breed and the feel and handling of even the stock car shows racing spirit, even though it is a fuel economy grocery getter for most.

Someone indicated that a Ion redline is nothing but a stock Ion with a supercharger on the engine. first thing that comes to find is that a neon SRT-4 is just a neon with a Turbo PT Engine. Do not flame about the tokicos and LSD, I'm sure the Ion Redline has other features as well if we were to get into the nitty gritty of things. If the interior quality of Ion Redline is considered poor how is that any worse than a neon with good seats.

Neon SRT-4 is a great car for the money. My personal choice for best FWD drive is the RSX Type S.
first of all son, the SRT-4's motor is listed A853...the pt cruiser turbo has the srt-4 motor in it...listed A855...motors are listed sequentially...

secondly, an srt-4 is a neon with changed:

motor
interior
clutch
LSD
suspension - coils, shocks, and struts
wing
hood
transmission
turbo
ground effects
rims
viper seats
tires

etc. etc. etc...the only thing the neon and the srt-4 have in common is a few frame pieces and some body panels and some interior similarities...

I don't understand why you would pick the rsx tpye-s...stock for stock, the srt-4 walks them all day long...
Old 10-04-2004

I knew I'd get your attention.

The turbo PT-Cruiser was out before the Neon SRT-4, how does it have the SRT-4 engine?

RSX Type S will out handle the Neon SRT-4 all day long. Keep in mind its not turbo and its got no LSD and it pushes 210 and its only a 2 L. Not every road is straight.

Last edited by nindoo; 10-04-2004 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

oh. people keep forgetting that I'm a drag only kinda guy. I can shift well but I'm not crazy enough to do that WRC crap...I just watch and go and say they're gods lol
Old 10-04-2004

This is off topic but I hope the prelude comes out again
Old 10-04-2004
I usually put a cucumber in my bum when I jerk off!

johnovan is an unknown quantity at this point
^ you crackhead...
mr.srt4, if honda wanted to a srt style car they would put a turbo on the civic as well but they won't. why? because of idiots like you.
Old 10-04-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Damn this is quite a flamewar. Why don't you all just stfu, buy the cars you like, and get on with life. That's why life is so great. They make a diff car for everyone.
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by johnovan
^ you crackhead...
mr.srt4, if honda wanted to a srt style car they would put a turbo on the civic as well but they won't. why? because of idiots like you.
honda will never make a car with performance in mind.

they tried that with the s2000 and because they did a half-*** job, they failed miserably...
Old 10-04-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light

they tried that with the s2000 and because they did a half-*** job, they failed miserably...
I don't understand this statement. Honda achieved 120 hp per liter on this car, as well as one of the most refined chassis and suspensions on the market. The car is quick in the straight line, but is a MONSTER on a road course. Not everyone wants to drive a car that hauls *** in a straight line but slides all over the damn place when you try to take a corner. There must not be many canyons where you live...
Old 10-04-2004

OK buddy now you've gone too far.

You bought an SRT-4 and all of sudden you have become the car guru. When did you become a drag racer. Let me guess the day you bought your SRT-4. Your previous I'm guessing was a civic, and now you badmouth it.

All of Honda's cars have performance in mind. Civic have independent multi-link double wishbone rear suspension, and its there base car! Where the hell do you go of saying Honda never made a car with performance in mind? Racing is not about 1/4 mile times!!!.

Honda makes

Integra Type R
Civic Type R
NSX
S2000
Prelude
Accord Type R(Euro version)

All sick cars.

Honda is the only manufacturer that makes FWD drive cars that race in the on winding mountain roads and actually take out A86's and silvias. Balance will destroy you ***!!!

If you don't consider S2000 a performance car, than you don't consider 350z, g35 coupe, rx-8 either.

Geese man, don't flame crap!
Old 10-04-2004

Originally Posted by nookiemonster
I don't understand this statement. Honda achieved 120 hp per liter on this car, as well as one of the most refined chassis and suspensions on the market. The car is quick in the straight line, but is a MONSTER on a road course. Not everyone wants to drive a car that hauls *** in a straight line but slides all over the damn place when you try to take a corner. There must not be many canyons where you live...

It still fairly fast in a straight line.
Old 10-04-2004
I Wanna Die Like God on the Cover of Time!

incubus7d is an unknown quantity at this point
The Saturn its also just like a Neon! you can have a fast a s*it Neon but hey its alwasy going to be a Neon. HAHAH j/k man, i like what the SRt4's have to offer alot i think its pretty good im just a Honda man thats all!!!
Old 10-04-2004
Registered!!

mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by nookiemonster
Damn this is quite a flamewar. Why don't you all just stfu, buy the cars you like, and get on with life. That's why life is so great. They make a diff car for everyone.
well put......
Old 10-04-2004

And i thought i was the hated one on 7thgen... But you srt4 took the cake
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

^^ I have a reputation that speaks for itself. I've gotten into arguments with people before, but I've never taken it personally. Ask gotboost??? we got into it as dirty as it gets and now we talk all the time...
Old 10-04-2004

Is that so?
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

sure. ask him. hell, look at some of my recent posts. we've actually been repping each other...
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

I'm still wondering why you want everyone to hate you to the point that you ask for negative rep...
Old 10-04-2004

rep doesn't mean anything to me. Everyone thinks im so bad and horrible, why not let them?
Old 10-04-2004
Registered!!

AdamOSU is an unknown quantity at this point

If I wanted an ugly neon, I'd purchase an SRT-4. Sure they can be fast, blah blah blah. I wouldn't purchase a factory fwd turbo car though, have to be awd or rwd. And I'm honestly not against these cars, just the young punks who usually drive them. These cars might be made with performance in mind, but they lack everything else, class, style, etc. I need more out of a car than that. And I don't care about the statement you made about the S. You just sound very naive. It's all good though. I'm not trying to start an argument.

Last edited by AdamOSU; 10-04-2004 at 04:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Saturn Ion Redline