General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Saturn Ion Redline

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intruder is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by AdamOSU
If I wanted an ugly neon, I'd purchase an SRT-4. Sure they can be fast, blah blah blah. I wouldn't purchase a factory fwd turbo car though, have to be awd or rwd. And I'm honestly not against these cars, just the young punks who usually drive them. These cars might be made with performance in mind, but they lack everything else, class, style, etc. I need more out of a car than that. And I don't care about the statement you made about the S. You just sound very naive. It's all good though. I'm not trying to start an argument.
I second that. The srt-4 is a muscle car, and carries about as much class as a mustang when it comes down to it. They are fast in a straight line, but their chassis will never have the capability to flog an s2000 on a road course, or even an rsx-s. My friend has an srt-4, and it is quick - in a straight line. But that is where it ends, my little 127 bhp will leave him in the dust as soon as the first curve shows up...

This is a pointless thread....
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by AdamOSU
If I wanted an ugly neon, I'd purchase an SRT-4. Sure they can be fast, blah blah blah. I wouldn't purchase a factory fwd turbo car though, have to be awd or rwd. And I'm honestly not against these cars, just the young punks who usually drive them. These cars might be made with performance in mind, but they lack everything else, class, style, etc. I need more out of a car than that. And I don't care about the statement you made about the S. You just sound very naive. It's all good though. I'm not trying to start an argument.
my mom owns an S and I drive it regularly. I think it sucks. They went for performance and then some stupid **** said hey let's go sports car...they have half of each.

if you want an ugly neon, purchase an expresso...personally I think the srt-4 is fugging sexy...just a few things needed...rims, lowered, and eyelids to remove the bugeyes..
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Intruder
I second that. The srt-4 is a muscle car, and carries about as much class as a mustang when it comes down to it. They are fast in a straight line, but their chassis will never have the capability to flog an s2000 on a road course, or even an rsx-s. My friend has an srt-4, and it is quick - in a straight line. But that is where it ends, my little 127 bhp will leave him in the dust as soon as the first curve shows up...

for a FWD it handles pretty well you'd be surprised

but like I've been saying, I'm drag oriented...there's no better car on the market for me right now for drag...

I leave the WRC/auto-x stuff for the guys on TV and just think "wow"
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by johnovan
rep doesn't mean anything to me. Everyone thinks im so bad and horrible, why not let them?
well I have no clue where they're making that opinion from...I always just thought of you as weird
Old 10-04-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Intruder

neon srt-4 a muscle car? hah
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

read son. road and track. compared it to the 440 magnum charger and the 69 gto to name a few...the next muscle car
Old 10-04-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

ok son.. its the next muscle car.

road and track...each and own has their own opinions.

Last edited by jttegx; 10-04-2004 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

hmmm...maybe they're caled professionals?
Old 10-04-2004
Registered!!

TypeRS is an unknown quantity at this point
THROW IN A TURBO ON A NEON AND ITS STILL A NEON! if your gonna rip on saturn, a car you own you should rip on the other car you own a neon. and yes if you boost a honda its just a honda, the difference is that your honda is prefferred 10-1 over your fast neon and non-dentable saturn! why? because it looks good going slow and looks even better going fast...

muscle car is like an ignorant white boy. only good for one train of thought.
so sorry but that lil pocket rocket will never make a scene in the import world. its all about multidemsional for us imports (looks/power/economy/handling/etc.)

so you loose buddy no matter how you look at it. its still a neon. i would of sited with the saturn at least it had racing harts hahaha

Last edited by TypeRS; 10-04-2004 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by TypeRS
THROW IN A TURBO ON A NEON AND ITS STILL A NEON! if your gonna rip on saturn, a car you own you should rip on the other car you own a neon. and yes if you boost a honda its just a honda, the difference is that your honda is prefferred 10-1 over your fast neon and non-dentable saturn! why? because it looks good going slow and looks even better going fast...

muscle car is like an ignorant white boy. only good for one train of thought.
so sorry but that lil pocket rocket will never make a scene in the import world. its all about multidemsional for us imports (looks/power/economy/handling/etc.)

so you loose buddy no matter how you look at it. its still a neon. i would of sited with the saturn at least it had racing harts hahaha
^^ another fool justifying why his bone stock honda is a racecar

your car looks good going slow? not possible
Old 10-04-2004
The Evil Genius

Quijano187 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DodgeNeonSRT-4
^^ another fool justifying why his bone stock honda is a racecar

your car looks good going slow? not possible

LOL

I dont know why everybody ***** on the srt 4, i think its freaking hot and so whats if its a neon. Its the hottest neon that ever came out. There is alot of hate on this thread. maybe everybody hates casue they thought there vtec honda was going to be quick.
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

my thoughts exactly

FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME: I own an srt-4 and a civic and I love both dearly...stop trying to compare them because there is no comparison
Old 10-04-2004
I usually put a cucumber in my bum when I jerk off!

johnovan is an unknown quantity at this point
One doesn't suck
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

huh?
Old 10-04-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EManEX will become famous soon enoughEManEX will become famous soon enough
Ok the SRT-4 is great for what it is but it is not, and I repeat NOT a Muscle car. The Charger, the 300 SRT-8, (some may argue that the Viper is one too) those are today’s Muscle cars produced or being produced in the very near future.

Another thing, this thread has no more discussion about the Ion.
Old 10-04-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

hmmm...maybe they're caled professionals?
i already knew that.

back on topic... saturn ion redline..
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by EManEX
Ok the SRT-4 is great for what it is but it is not, and I repeat NOT a Muscle car. The Charger, the 300 SRT-8, (some may argue that the Viper is one too) those are today’s Muscle cars produced or being produced in the very near future.

Another thing, this thread has no more discussion about the Ion.
yeah, so we always get off topic. define exactly what a muscle car is. I define it as a car with a big HP number...
Old 10-04-2004
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
neon and muscle car dont belong in same sentence... wtf...
and who was saying they think an s2000 sucks compared to neon?? not even same class... this is all out of line... people stay in your leagues
Old 10-04-2004

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
btw i define muscle car as a car with big engine and big numbers.
real muscle car is big engine, big numbers, straight line only and heavy as hell... weee
Old 10-04-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
a neon will beat an s2000 in the quarter
s2000=womans car!!! SEE MORE WOMEN IN THEM
MAN CAR OR AS THEY SAY top gear bush car is the 350z!

BTW EVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EManEX will become famous soon enoughEManEX will become famous soon enough
My defenition of a muscle car is more engine then suspension, like Modoman said Big Engines, big power.

From the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary: "Pronunciation: -"kär
Function: noun
: any of a group of American-made 2-door sports coupes with powerful engines designed for high-performance driving "
Old 10-04-2004

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by EManEX
My defenition of a muscle car is more engine then suspension, like Modoman said Big Engines, big power.

From the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary: "Pronunciation: -"kär
Function: noun
: any of a group of American-made 2-door sports coupes with powerful engines designed for high-performance driving "
muscle car defenition is in noise!!!!!!!!

thrummmppppp thruuuuump thrrrrrrumpppppp gurrggle gurrgle WROOOOOOOOOm thrump tttthhrrrrrrrrruuump thrrruuuuuuummmmp.

the end
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

four different people, four different definitions

exactly my point...muscle car is an idea not a fact, just like "rice"

and thus I keep my opinion that the neon is a musclecar...just like road and track, the professionals, said
Old 10-04-2004

four different people, four different definitions

exactly my point...muscle car is an idea not a fact, just like "rice"

and thus I keep my opinion that the neon is a musclecar...just like road and track, the professionals, said
they dressed a neon up as that orange car from that old show..The general thats it! it was at importnights talk about out of place
Old 10-04-2004

god road and track is so biased... stop acting like what they say is what it is
neon is not a muscle car, 4 cyl will never be a heart of a muscle car, even if its powerful and fast. not puttin down 4cyl in any way whatsoever... muscle cars died in the 70's btw. what we have now can be called modern muscle cars like the vette and viper, but they were muscle cars then because they were raw power, the neon is NOT RAW POWER, and it is NOT THE TOP OF THE AMERICAN POWER SCALE, like REAL muscle cars are... and im extremely offended that you call a neon a muscle car. ok im done. nothing personal *wink
Old 10-04-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

DodgeNeonSrt-4, im not hating on your or anything (if it seems like that). but a Front wheel drive, 4cyl, "turbo"ed (track?) car is hard to believe considered "muscle"

if the saturn ion redline were as fast as the neon srt-4, would you consider that muscle too?
Old 10-04-2004
I usually put a cucumber in my bum when I jerk off!

johnovan is an unknown quantity at this point
It's ok, we all know he is the type of guy who drives up next to you and revs [i mean revs constantly] and thinks he is 'dah shiet'. [i would only do that when im driving a nice car]
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

not really. I'm the kind of guy you rev at because "it's just a neon"

then my 450 horses hand you your ***...
Old 10-04-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by jttegx
DodgeNeonSrt-4, im not hating on your or anything (if it seems like that). but a Front wheel drive, 4cyl, "turbo"ed (track?) car is hard to believe considered "muscle"

if the saturn ion redline were as fast as the neon srt-4, would you consider that muscle too?
yep. I don't like saturns, but if they threw down stock 13.3's, I could respect that. but I guess my maturity level is just a tad higher than most the people here...
Old 10-04-2004

^^ horsepower smorsepower...
how much torque?

Quick Reply: Saturn Ion Redline