General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Saturn Ion Redline

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
[QUOTE=modoman][QUOTE=WhiteCastle]
TRUE back in the early 19th century before wwII and a little after it was a venture between several small automotive comapnies. However, since than it has become its own company beating ford as largest automotive producer in the US.
so your right and wrong.
GM is GM now you could say back in the day it was if your that old ,
in about 40 years or so dodge will be finally considered diamondcrysler.
since germans are 100 percent incharge and it was a takeover not a merger.
ACTUALLY, in the early 20th century, oldsmobile was its own company and they made their first vehicle in like 1901, maybe 1899 i cant remember... gm did not create oldsmobile or chevrolet or cadillac...gm's first make of car to own was buick, then oldsmobile joined after... ac spark plugs (champion) joined after that i do believe... cadillac joined after olds, but the creators of cadillac left gm to form Lincoln motors... there a lot more but this is just an example of just because your dad worked for gm doesnt mean you know all about it

dammit i cant get the quote to work :\
umm I didnt go into deph over the history excuse me... but whole history wasnt my point. point was GM is one company. Not a mutual alliance..
Old 10-02-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jttegx
look no further... http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/st...E21825,00.html

the saturn ion is kinda like the neon srt-4. they just threw on a sc/turbo and now its the new "teen sports car" thats affordable

WHOA WHOA WHOA HOLD THE PRESSES! I don't post for 8 hours and my thread gets jacked into yet another lets bash everything not honda thread.

PLEASE stop comparing my neon to this POS...they are nothing alike. the redline is not built for the track...FIFTEEN POINT ONE. FIFTEEN! FIFTEEN!

yeah, the battery was moved to the back, whoop de damn dooo...my battery weights 3 pounds. my motor weighs a couple hundred.

my neon - 20 grand for 13.3
this saturn - comparable price for 15.1

WTF? NO COMPARISON
Old 10-02-2004
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
Yeah lol sorry for bringing-on the thread highjacking...
on a web forum, when a guy thinks he's right he won't stop posting until everyone else thinks the same

I do however love the idea of dent resistant body panels. I'm hoping it will be standard on most cars sometime in the near future.
Old 10-02-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
saturn beat civic every day you know has more hp and supercharge
Old 10-02-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Skunk2ner
haha. saturn making a sports car... thats the best joke.
who is next? kia?

anyway, yeah i've read about their under rated horsepower, which is cool. but i mean the numbers it puts down on the track are not really that impressive. give me a Si or a RSX-S anyday over that load.
AMEN!

I hate the car. Period. I respect it as much as I respect anything else that gets a 15.1 in the quarter WITH A PROFESSIONAL DRIVER!

but to even compare it to the srt-4, the evo, or the STi is not only ludicrous, it's idiotic...those three cars dominate the sport compact division right now, and they are in a league of their own. when this saturn drops a 13 bone stock, then it can join us

bottom line, it's not worth the money (in my opinion, you can disagree)...but at least it's a move in the right direction for saturn.
Old 10-02-2004
I usually put a cucumber in my bum when I jerk off!

johnovan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DodgeNeonSRT-4
WHOA WHOA WHOA HOLD THE PRESSES! I don't post for 8 hours and my thread gets jacked into yet another lets bash everything not honda thread.

PLEASE stop comparing my neon to this POS...they are nothing alike. the redline is not built for the track...FIFTEEN POINT ONE. FIFTEEN! FIFTEEN!

yeah, the battery was moved to the back, whoop de damn dooo...my battery weights 3 pounds. my motor weighs a couple hundred.

WTF? NO COMPARISON

Saturn might have more the luxuries in their car compared to the neon... if you take the engine out of both of the car.. there's no difference
Old 10-02-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Looks pretty good to me

Old 10-02-2004

You can put a dress on a piece of ****... but in the end, it;s still ****
Old 10-02-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by johnovan
Saturn might have more the luxuries in their car compared to the neon... if you take the engine out of both of the car.. there's no difference
I disagree. My viper seats own those recaros.

on a serious note, my suspension, clutch, tranny, stance, ground effects, and overall looks own. so does my rainbow wing.

but that's besides the point, because the motor is the #1 most important part of any car.

hmmm turbo 2.4 pwns
Old 10-02-2004

agree' . one thing, please! please! do not make any of your threads honda vs dodge[american]. i think you get the wrong idea on what we're saying. Your so much on the defensive that your not even trying to be on our level of thinking. Im not trying to put you down or anything, just to get you to understand that everything isn't about that.
Old 10-02-2004
Banned

^^ I hate the threads I post in. usually become civic vs. srt-4. people forget I own, and love, both.

I'm not trying to say the srt-4 is the fastest car on earth (although if you go on srtforums.com they will try to make you believe that). it is one of the fastest cars on earth, and, stock for stock new for new is the best performance deal possibly of all time.

I just got defensive when someone said it was the same as this saturn...the numbers tell a different story
Old 10-02-2004

You still don't understand do you?
Old 10-02-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about

WTF? NO COMPARISON
misunderstanding.. i meant neon srt-4's in general, not yours.
but yeah, saturn ION is terrible in most cases. i've actually never seen one on the road before either =|
Old 10-03-2004
Premium Boosted Member

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
gearbox... go look at the ion redline in real life. ugliest cheapest car i've ever seen.

i love my mitsu... nice reliable motor...

but yeah, the neon srt-4 has the best bang for the buck period. stock low 13s for about 21k is pretty good. granted fwd is hard to get traction, it performs well. The things come with 660cc injectors stock, along with a 1bar or optional 3bar map sensors. map sensors are turbo owner's dreams!

What's cool though, the srt motor is made by mitsubishi. Oh the joys...
Old 10-03-2004
Banned

^^ yeah, so is our turbo.

I overbored and re-machined the surfaces of my motor, as well as replaced all the internals...now the block is made by me

oh yeah, my turbo is now made by psi-fi...USA baby!
Old 10-03-2004
Registered!!

Mega Man X is an unknown quantity at this point
Saturn Sucks.
Old 10-03-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
ill my car
Old 10-03-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by Mega Man X
Saturn Sucks.
stock, yes. there are lots of 12 second saturns though, some below. don't diss people who can walk you.

just my 2 cents...
Old 10-03-2004

Titleist71 can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by MadWheel
The stock battery was relocated to the trunk for better weight distribution and still has a positive terminal up front for jump starts.
My girlfrend just got a new Saturn Ion III, and the battery is in the trunk for safety reasons. Heat, gases, and availibility for jump starting at both ends. Although I guess you could say it's for weight reasons.
Old 10-03-2004
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
stock, yes. there are lots of 12 second saturns though, some below. don't diss people who can walk you.

just my 2 cents...
theres a 9second geo metro too, but whos gonna buy a geo and defend its suckiness by sayin theres a 9sec metro
Old 10-03-2004
Premium Boosted Member

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
^^ yeah, so is our turbo.

I overbored and re-machined the surfaces of my motor, as well as replaced all the internals...now the block is made by me

oh yeah, my turbo is now made by psi-fi...USA baby!

Is that the turbo with that special plated housing and the huge dump tube? of so, niiiiice mod for that car. i heard it's been proven to make some serious power...

On topic... Ion is ok. Matter of taste. If you can get by the style, plastic, and the interior, you have a sweet lil platform to start with.
Old 10-03-2004

srt-4... i lost all respect for you... you just never learn do you?
Old 10-03-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by johnovan
srt-4... i lost all respect for you... you just never learn do you?
nope, I don't.
Old 10-03-2004

Too bad.. looks like i expected too much from you.
Old 10-03-2004
Banned

hehe
Old 10-04-2004
Registered!!

ROCKET JOCKEY has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Sometimes I think all you guys are brainwashed, Saturn is not a bad car . You guys may not like the styling or the plastic , but there is no facts behind your guys claims of the cars unreliability . I worked for GM for 2 years and the fact of the matter the diffrence of cars now days is very little . You can get a 100,000 miles out of a Suzuki if you take care of it . A 100,000 dollars Mercedes has maybe one less problem in the life of the car than lets say a 19000 dollar Malibu .
Old 10-04-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ROCKET JOCKEY
Sometimes I think all you guys are brainwashed, Saturn is not a bad car . You guys may not like the styling or the plastic , but there is no facts behind your guys claims of the cars unreliability . I worked for GM for 2 years and the fact of the matter the diffrence of cars now days is very little . You can get a 100,000 miles out of a Suzuki if you take care of it . A 100,000 dollars Mercedes has maybe one less problem in the life of the car than lets say a 19000 dollar Malibu .
i think any car would be reliable as long you give it the proper care and maintaince on-time. but at times when it comes to low class cars like the saturn or geo's.. its something we have to expect. we can assume all we want, but chances that our assumptions are correct. seems like whatever is so cheap is gonna break down on you or have problems in the future (which is a common fact).

but the style = ******* ugly as ****
Old 10-04-2004
Registered!!

ROCKET JOCKEY has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Thats a valid point ! But on the other hand if you dont take care of your Civic, its going to be a piece of crap as well . I have had bad experiences with both Japanese and American makes . But I have had more good experiences than bad ones .
Old 10-04-2004

Oh shut up. your just defending the saturn just to defend it.
Old 10-04-2004
Registered!!

h01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
yep thats right its still a saturn

Quick Reply: Saturn Ion Redline