General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Some bike info plz?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Some bike info plz?

well im thinking about getting a motorcycle, but i know jacksh*t about em. i like the look of some of the honda ones (oh and i want a sportsbike nothing like a chopper or dirt bike or anything). i was hoping someone could throw out a few good names/specs/prices for me? thnx all.
Old 04-29-2004

sw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the rough
do you know how to ride well? much time on a bike?
Old 04-29-2004
Registered!!

haha h*lls no, but im not gonna go all out crazy at first. ill learn first on local streets then main streets then highways etc. kinda like driving move up from easy to hard.
Old 04-29-2004
Registered!!

PacSmalls is an unknown quantity at this point
get nothing higher than a 600cc

the cbr600f4i/r6 are two good bikes to look at for starter bikes i suppose, they'll be more than enough power for a long time, just be careful at first....
Old 04-29-2004
Registered!!

ah cool, thnx for the info man. just looked a few up on ebay, they look sweet. do you know any statistics for them? 0-60? mpg? reliability? etc?
Old 04-29-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
don't buy a bike unless you plan to get hurt. truth be told.
Old 04-30-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by nookiemonster
sad but true..
Old 04-30-2004
Registered!!

SilverVSpec02 is an unknown quantity at this point
know that cars dont watch out for you. my cousin had to have one of his legs removed and the other pinned straight. ( this is what happens when you wrap your legs around a tree at 80mph!) be careful.
Old 04-30-2004
Registered!!

hoho is an unknown quantity at this point
my friend told me the cbr is a hard bike to learn on.....is that true?
Old 04-30-2004
Registered!!

Agent9 should not be trusted
dont buy one new, You will drop it eventually, even if you the the pegs it still sucks to drop a new bike. oh and yeah.. dont be stupid like some guy at work that I know and get a busa, a 600-750 gixer will do just fine.
Old 04-30-2004
Retired Super Mod and STILL Pimpin' Yo Mama

Blk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by hoho
my friend told me the cbr is a hard bike to learn on.....is that true?
No, you just have to get adjusted to the throttle - quickly!

Not true. I've ridden since '91 and haven't had any problems.

I would also suggest starting on a 600CC bike.. F4i or R6 are really good choices.
Old 04-30-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by nookiemonster

There are only two types of riders, those that have gone down and thoes that will. Just hope that when you do its on the low side and not a High side..... (if you know bikes you'll know what I mean)
Old 04-30-2004
But it's a Dry Heat

l00pb4k is an unknown quantity at this point
yup, it not IF you will drop the bike...it's when. Glad to hear you haven't gone down yet Blk4blk2K1, hope you knocked on wood after you typed that

There are some good used bikes out there. Get a 600 until you are used to riding. Take the AMA classes. Wear protective clothing (please, please, please)! I can't count the number of accidents I have seen where the knucklehead was riding in a pair of shorts, tank top and a helmet. He is not brain dead...but he is paralyzed from the neck down...or they have serious roadrash on the legs, arms, etc. Or watched Biker Boyz a few too many times and thinks that gymnastics at 75 on a busy freeway is cool. Anyway...be safe. There is a time and place for speed...that is usually on a crisp Saturday morning on a twisty backroad .

Last edited by l00pb4k; 04-30-2004 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-30-2004
Registered!!

mykungfuisthebest is an unknown quantity at this point
i would get a 600 or 750 gsxr, r6, or somthing like that, not that the power on the 900s, 1000s, and 1100s is waaay to much unless your buying one of the higher tuned bikes but they weigh alot more and that it a big deal for alot of people when they learn. i rode dirtbikes my whole life( about 10 years) and bought a 600 gsxr lowerd 1" with a new pipe and the first thing i did was put on da frame sliders... low and behold like a month after i got it i dropped it at a stop sign just doing stupid **** and stalled it leaning right. no damage but live and lean.

*W A R N I N G* i you are the kind of person that has wrecked 2 or 3 or gets into fenderbenders alot do yourself a favor and forget the bike... bike safety is 90% rider skill and awareness and 10% people not seeing you. if you want to make it 99% rider skill, dont use it for transportation, dont ride it down the main streets in town where people pull out in front of you and dont ride at night without pulse lights. ive seen to many good people killed or hurt on bikes treating them like cars.

IMHO i ride my bike for recreation, and the occasional highway trip whatever you get be safe and take the license class(if your state has it) once your going riding is ez its the low speed manuvers that get you. it may not seem like much when you lay it down at a red light untill you see a semi doing 60 coming at your ***(true story, happened to my uncle who rode for 30 years, pro motorcross and streebikes luckly his experence got him out of there in time)

ohh yea and just like l00pb4k said WEAR GEAR if you lay it down at ever 25 mph in cloth pants or without a leather/kevlar jacket and boots yer gona loose alot of skin and probly ruin your knee/elbow

Last edited by mykungfuisthebest; 04-30-2004 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-30-2004
Registered!!

mykungfuisthebest is an unknown quantity at this point
sry dbl post
Old 04-30-2004
The Legend

blackbullet will become famous soon enoughblackbullet will become famous soon enough
I bought a 929 for my first bike. If you're responsible, and not crazy, then you'll do fine. It's all about getting used to the throttle on big bikes. But whatever you get, take your time, and go your own pace.
Old 05-01-2004
Registered!!

yeah, this wouldnt be my everyday type of thing. id keep the civic for that. but once in a while on weekends take it out somewhere and have a little fun .
Old 05-03-2004
Registered!!

Dagooseisloose is an unknown quantity at this point
Any 600cc bike goes almost as fast as the others. Get any 600 and youll be fine. Just be careful cause cars either dont see you or dont care.
Old 05-03-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Dude when I went down, I told my friend who swore he was invincible to be careful, this was my 2nd time going down, and it happens to 99.9999% of riders. It's not us, it's the people driving who don't open their eyes. Guess what happened? He swore he'd never go down, and he recently did. There's 2 types of riders....those that have fallen, and those that will fall. Remember that, and ask yourself...is it worth it to you?
Old 05-04-2004

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
^ yeah. I want one. lol