General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

3 ultraluxury Cadillacs to come?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EManEX will become famous soon enoughEManEX will become famous soon enough
3 ultraluxury Cadillacs to come?

Wow. What do you guys think?

ultraluxury Cadillacs

Chicago Tribune
- A sedan larger than DeVille with all the amenities, a V-8 engine, rear- and all-wheel-drive, priced from $60,000 to $70,000. It would build 4,000 to 5,000 units worldwide.

- A rear-all-wheel-drive sedan with a V-12 engine that would sell for about $120,000. Production would be about 2,000 worldwide.

- A sedan with a supercharged V-12 or V-16 engine priced at about $300,000 with sales of about 200 to 300 units worldwide each.
Old 02-26-2004
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
bah. i want pics.
Old 02-26-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Eh, I havent been impressed with Cadillacs styling lately, not to mension their lack luster performance.

Ex: the CTS only made it to D-Stock... where the Integra R and the BMW 330 Csi rule. Not very impressive for a car thats suppose to be putting down 255HP and 252 lb-ft of torque, just goes to show how 3500 LBS can hurt you in the corners.... It will be interesting where the CTS-V ends up, and if those extra ponys help it at all.
Old 02-26-2004
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Zzyzx
Eh, I havent been impressed with Cadillacs styling lately, not to mension their lack luster performance.

Ex: the CTS only made it to D-Stock... where the Integra R and the BMW 330 Csi rule. Not very impressive for a car thats suppose to be putting down 255HP and 252 lb-ft of torque, just goes to show how 3500 LBS can hurt you in the corners.... It will be interesting where the CTS-V ends up, and if those extra ponys help it at all.
WHO GIVES A FU(K WHAT AUTO-X CLASS ITS IN CADILLAC DID NOT MAKE THEM FOR THAT. thats outa my system now.
Old 02-26-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by sadboy916
WHO GIVES A FU(K WHAT AUTO-X CLASS ITS IN CADILLAC DID NOT MAKE THEM FOR THAT. thats outa my system now.

something crawl up your butt and die?
Old 02-26-2004
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

haha nah i still stand by my comment but im kinda in a bad mood .
Old 02-26-2004
Registered!!

JamesL is an unknown quantity at this point
WHO GIVES A FU(K WHAT AUTO-X CLASS ITS IN
lease:
..umm.. some people actually care about performance...
Old 02-26-2004
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

some mr2's do better in auto-x than lamborghinis does that mean the mr2 is a better car in your eyes?
Old 02-26-2004
Registered!!

Majarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trusted
Yes, but when Cadillac markets their cars to be the best in class, have the best performance, etc... and thet can't stack up, then that's when it matters.
Old 02-26-2004
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

Originally posted by Majarvis
Yes, but when Cadillac markets their cars to be the best in class, have the best performance, etc... and thet can't stack up, then that's when it matters.
cadillac will never make the best sports cars GUESS WHY because they are gm's luxury cars. it just a plus to be driving in comfort and being able to mash the gas and get a minor case of whip lash.
Old 02-26-2004
Autocross Junky

some mr2's do better in auto-x than lamborghinis does that mean the mr2 is a better car in your eyes?

stock classes there is no MR2 that would out run a Lamborghini, once you start to modify then its any bodys game.

Top MR2:MR-2 Turbo, B-Stock (where the S2000 and Porsche Boxter Rule)
Modern Lamborghini.... at a minimum SS(the fastes stock class), however they may not be leagl for stock classes so they probably run ASP (the fastes street prepaired class).

I see autocross as a better way to compair performanc between 2 cars because yousee the strengths and weaknesses of each car (specifically Stock classes). where if you just look at HP and 1/4 mile times you get a scued view of the cars. the CTS, has decent HP, however its weight its a huge liability for performance.

Last edited by Zzyzx; 02-26-2004 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-01-2004
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

Originally posted by Zzyzx
stock classes there is no MR2 that would out run a Lamborghini, once you start to modify then its any bodys game.

Top MR2:MR-2 Turbo, B-Stock (where the S2000 and Porsche Boxter Rule)
Modern Lamborghini.... at a minimum SS(the fastes stock class), however they may not be leagl for stock classes so they probably run ASP (the fastes street prepaired class).

I see autocross as a better way to compair performanc between 2 cars because yousee the strengths and weaknesses of each car (specifically Stock classes). where if you just look at HP and 1/4 mile times you get a scued view of the cars. the CTS, has decent HP, however its weight its a huge liability for performance.
yea because its still a luxury car but it will rip most cars a new one. cadillacs are not track cars there drivers cars.
Old 03-01-2004
Premium Member

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
saw a xlr and a sti race on highway 5 on sunday.

xlr smoked the sti
Old 03-01-2004
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
^ STI approx 35 k.....xlr approx 80k.....hmmmm

I AM a fan of cadillac however. Their new cars are sweet and CTSV is the ****. That thing can haul. As I recall, it owns the M5.
Old 03-02-2004
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

i saw a video of one on the 1/4 and it ran a 13.2 with auto tranny thats quick.
Old 03-02-2004
Autocross Junky

yea because its still a luxury car but it will rip most cars a new one. cadillacs are not track cars there drivers cars.

sure its fast but only in a straight line, and that dont impress me. and I know they are not track cars, but I also say they arnt drivers cars either. They are Lazy, look at me, Heavy footed, bad handling, poor drivers cars.

a drivers car is somthing thats equally at home cruzing down the Blvd as it is dancing down a mountain road. Something like a BMW 3 or 5 series.
Old 03-02-2004
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

so people that drive cadillacs are bad handling, poor drivers hahaha take your head out your ***
Old 03-02-2004
Autocross Junky

No, they are built for americans who are pretty much the worst drivers in the world (we have the Most lax Licencing system of 1st world conuntrys). handling is a matter of weight, suspension design and tires. so Yes I'd say that cadilacs don't have very good handling.
Old 03-02-2004
Registered!!

sCoTtEh is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont think cadillacs are ment to be driven around in a track, its mostly just for comfort and luxury, i dont think the guy who can afford the price tag would go around trying to cut corners with it
Old 03-02-2004
Registered!!

gizcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
this one is there prformance car
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photoext1_med.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	22714  
Old 03-02-2004
Registered!!

gizcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
CTS-V's 5.7-liter V8 engine generates 400 horsepower and 395 ft-lbs of torque

Powertrain features:
• Most powerful engine in its class—highest horsepower and most torque
• Light, strong all-aluminum construction
• 2-valve cylinder heads
• 0-60 in 4.6 seconds
• ¼ mile in 13.1 seconds/107 mph
Old 03-03-2004
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

Originally posted by sCoTtEh
i dont think cadillacs are ment to be driven around in a track, its mostly just for comfort and luxury, i dont think the guy who can afford the price tag would go around trying to cut corners with it
excatly its a cadillac who buys a cadi and says "i gotta take it to the track" heck no there for cruising around town and the new models will still hand out beat downs to most cars on the road.
Old 03-03-2004
Registered!!

TMRakip is an unknown quantity at this point
Cadillac or Bentley/Rolls-Royce/Maybach...BWAHAHAHAHA