General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

No Type-R?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
im not saying hondas are bad at drifting or autocrossing. and i do agree that the driver has alot to do with it. but if you put 2 drivers of the same caliber in the same race and one has a civic and the other a 180sx im puttin' my $$ on the nissan.
of course it would be a hell of a lot cooler if the underdog won...
Old 01-09-2004
Registered!!

dan_11477 is an unknown quantity at this point
Drifting doesn't suit FF cars well though and I can only think of a few non FF hondas that you could race competitively the S2000 and the NSX
Old 01-10-2004
Shows No Remorse

DistinctiveBP is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by dan_11477
Drifting doesn't suit FF cars well though and I can only think of a few non FF hondas that you could race competitively the S2000 and the NSX
i agree with you on the drifting.

but in autocross the rsx type s and the integra type r are able to hold their own in their own class. real time racing has had tremendous success with both those cars.
Old 01-10-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by DistinctiveBP

and i dont know if you have noticed but, we here in the US have been hit by the drifting craze. which involves going around corners fast.
Drifting does not involve going fast around corners, infact drifting is actually the slowest way to navigate a track...

"If you get use to High slip angles (drifting) you will also get use to slow Lap times"

also, the Honda and the Nissan are in 2 different classes. and no raceing body would pit them against each other. thats why there is classing.... also, hondas (civics/CRX) are supprisingly good at autocross. In their classes. (CRX is good in C-Street Prepaired) and a little 89 Si hatch is Dominant in STS vs much bigger/more powerfull cars like the Subaru 2.5 RS, Integra GSR ect ect ect....)

Last edited by Zzyzx; 01-10-2004 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by DistinctiveBP
i agree with you on the drifting.

but in autocross the rsx type s and the integra type r are able to hold their own in their own class. real time racing has had tremendous success with both those cars.

the integra R, yes. the RSX no. in SCCA autocross both were in D-Stock. the Type R is one of the 2 dominant cars in the class... The RSX-S was not even compeditive, so much so that the SCCA droped them to G-Stock where they have to chase the Cooper S. (the Celica GTS is in D-Stock too)

once you go away from stock then its a different story (due to car prep levels) but stock the RSX-s is a dissapointment in autocross. it will be interesting to see how the RSX-S fairs in G-Stock
Old 01-11-2004
Shows No Remorse

DistinctiveBP is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Zzyzx
Drifting does not involve going fast around corners, infact drifting is actually the slowest way to navigate a track...

i stand corrected