General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

?honda civic sux!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AZD17A2 is an unknown quantity at this point
The only thing I'll say about our cars not being fast, which they're not, is the old but wise quote of:

"It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow".

In other words, so what if that Corvette has 350hp and can hit 175mph??? Can he use all of it, legally , outside of a race track?? Hell no!!! I have plenty of fun pushing my little Civic into turns faster than I probably should, hitting redline regularly, and it is bone stock. And auto-x is definitley the way to go for our cars. If you can't outrun 'em in the 1/4, outrun 'em in the corners!!!
Old 08-05-2003
Registered!!

netcbc is an unknown quantity at this point
Its weird that you "suddenly" came to realize this?? Mostly eveyone here slowly learned or already knew that the civic was not a hotrod?
Old 08-05-2003
Registered!!

RunawaySoul is an unknown quantity at this point
I knew they were slow. I also know it's much faster than the 85 horsepower '88 integra I had that needed a prayer and a driver with indigestion to get up that hill....
Old 08-05-2003
Registered!!

vicracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyway guys just love your civics you bought them. I am very proud of my civic and dont regret buying it cause that was what i wanted. I plan on doing the k20 swap so it will be fast someday.I think these cars look really good though and i'm happy to see people turn there heads and look at my ride, why tear it up. If you want to race get you another car to race in. Like me i have several cars my 01 civic,00 civic,01 neon,94 626and 93 integra. These cars are not hella fast but it beats jumping in my 7th gen and doggin it If i want to act crazy i get in the integra its fast enough for me. OH YEA get back to me on the Kaminari ktr wing with carbon fiber lid i really want that wing McAllen TX so get at me
Old 08-05-2003
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
i agree with just about everything that has been said. Civic's were never made to go fast, but they can if you do the right things. I love turns and im thinking of getting into autocross. It takes alot more effort and time to make a civic fast. But when it comes down to it driving in a straight line is easy. Anyone with enough money can get a sports car and go fast straight. Shifting is the only thing that takes some sort of skill but still not very much, compared to taking turns, downshifting, weight transfer and other sh*t. A civic is cheap, looks good, and can have potential to do alot with money. I love my civic, because its my car. Ive taken it apart, put parts in, painted stuff, and whatever. It makes me feel good that its my creation.
Old 08-05-2003
Registered!!

aznrj is an unknown quantity at this point
wierd... some punk rich kid the other night cruised by where me and a couple of friends where hangin out. he was drivin a blue subaru wrx w/ some ugly-corny *** decal all over the car. we all had civics that night and he pulls up saying, do any of you guys wana race for money.. i should've just slapped the **** outa' em..
Old 08-05-2003
Registered!!

dustey is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree with TiM3... what were you expecting when you bought the car? I know you didn't just walk up to it and hand over the cash w/o driving or researching it.

if you don't like it so much, sell it and quit complaing.
Old 08-05-2003
Registered!!

trashguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Boilermaker you pointed ou thtinkgs i didnt not bare to since all the lil FF drag racers would flame me....

I take my hat off to my fellow SCCA belivers.
Old 08-06-2003
Registered!!

vicracer is an unknown quantity at this point
So whats up aznrj will you sell the kaminari ktr II wing w/carbon fiber lid or what i need this wing bad to tie in with my carbon fiber hood and my body kit that has the carbon fiber on it. I have a carbon fiber mugen style wing but i dont really like it
Old 08-06-2003
Registered!!

NorrinRadd is an unknown quantity at this point
To add to what Boilermaker already said, here's what I think about my car when driving and seeing other "kids" racing on clear and straight freeways/streets. It's easy to drive fast in a straight line, but it takes a lot more skill and guts to do it fast on turns. I see so many people in imports that are clearly faster than my vic, but during sharp turns my vic can keep up or easily pass them w/ the few suspension mods I have. Now, they could very well have beaten me, but usually they just don't have the guts to take the turn fast and usually wouldn't even consider autocross so I know they're driving skills aren't all up there (just an assumption of course). Again, turns = skills and straight lines = usually idiot proof aka boring. So just take satisfaction that you have a car that has great potential to do very well in auto-x. I once saw a crx beat a porsche 911 turbo in autocross, so our cars are fast when skillfully driven. I mean come on do professional race car drivers race in straight lines, nope just look at Laguna Seca. Racing straight really fast is exhilarating, but going fast on sharp turns is even more so. Sorry guys, didn't mean to get so passionate w/ this post.

Last edited by NorrinRadd; 08-06-2003 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-06-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
It just occured to me, You seem to have done the same thing as this guy

#612, STX (Should have been in D-Mod due to the carbon fiber hood) ran a 56.679 in a Sentra SER V-Spec

Me, in my Little-ole Civic (in STS trim) ran a 53.163 And I was still running on my street tires at the time!!!!

He put all his $$$ in to body kits, and other junk. ONly to make the car slower.

P.S. Autocross is not a show, so dont put that Wheel Gloss crap on your tires the night before you come out.
Old 08-06-2003
Registered!!

mad_stylz36 is an unknown quantity at this point
aznrj, are you still in McAllen or are you somewhere else.
Old 08-06-2003
LEVA

KeNsHiN is an unknown quantity at this point
there is hope dude just takes time. I love your seats
Old 08-06-2003
Registered!!

i'm still in mcAllen and if anyone's interested i'm selling my red 3A Racing seats w/ BRACKETS and sliders SHIPPED for $300. the material is, I THINK better than the tezno type R. tweed fades. the seat skin is made of nylon. i'll post pics up if anyone is interested. as for the kaminari wing, i'm keeping that for now.
Old 08-06-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chrissy is an unknown quantity at this point
get a turbo.. plain and simple i heard the prices went down... then you can be running 14s like one member i know of with 11 psi of whoop ***. next get a boost controller for an extra 500 bux. i have turbo plans after i get my baby
Old 08-07-2003
Registered!!

potator is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow... Just got done reading this topic. Hey guys, I just found this site, and resgistered today. Looks like a really cool site with loads of info. To introduce myself, I'm 19, male, and from Southern California. I drive a 2002 Civic Si. I was reading how the original topic starter said that his car was slow? Well I agree, all Civics (maybe with the exception of the Type-Rs) are pretty slow. The funny thing is, I didnt care much about cars before I got mine; I just wanted something that'll run and not cost me much gas. I didn't know a thing about cars, and still don't know much now. This is somewhat an embarassing story, but I'll spit it out anyway. Last year, when I was 18, my mom said I would need a car to commute to school and all. So we talked about what cars I might be interested in, and we basically looked through the cars in the price range of Civics. We looked at Civics, Lancers, Corollas, and even the Suzuki Aerios. We both agreed that a Civic would probably be the idea car for me, given that it has its name and reputation. And the car I ended up wanting was a 7th generation Civic EX Coupe. I just started wanting that car more and more everytime I looked at it. It looked (still does) so much better than any other Civic I had seen, and I saw a few of them around my area that had some nice rims and body kits on them, nothing extreme, but it looked VERY nice. Now we were shopping around a car for a good two months, so I had time to see all the cars. I test drove a Civic EX Coupe, and instantly wanted to buy it. I just felt good driving in one, and new I'd be cruising down with my windows down and music up in a new Civic Coupe soon. So after that, we went home and I told my mom I wanted a Civic. So she agreed, and said that she'll go to the dealer the next day and work things out, and if I'm lucky, I should have it in my garage that night. So my mom leaves the next morning, and sometime around dinner time, my mom calls me and tells me she's going to pick me up so I can drive my new car home. I was jumping up and down, and was excited like no other. And when she brought me to the dealer, what do I see that she has bought me? A white Civic Si. I was... pissed. Very pissed. I told my mom to immediately exchange it for the Coupe I wanted, but my mom asked me whats wrong with it? She said she wanted me to drive it because it looked so 'cute'. By this time I was ready to explode. And she told me that it's a popular car for teenagers my age to drive. It seems the stupid dealers brainwashed her into buying the more expensive Si. They didn't even tell her that they only come in manual transmissions. So I was standing there, on the lot, telling my mom how pissed I was, and that I want my Coupe. She just smiled and nodded her head and said that this is supposed to be a better car and that she just went through a whole day of paperwork and talks to buy the car, and wasn't going to do it again. At this point I was so depressed I just looked at the sky and wondered why this had to happen to me. So I showed my mom the inside, and pointed at the ****ing stick. She then realized that it's a manual transmission. AND I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE A MANUAL TRANSMISSION. Goodness. And guess what? she still refused to exhange the car. She doesn't know how to drive it either, but seemed to think it was something easy, that you can learn in 5 minutes if someone just writes down some instructions for what to do. So anyway, I ended up calling my friend to come and pick up the car for me and take us home with it. It was a very embarassing day for me. So I had to learn how to drive it, and well, I didn't really want to. The first few weeks I had the car, I was just swearing out the window. Either that or I kept it in the garage most of the time because I didn't like it. Now, I have learned to like my car more, but only because I have no other choice. I still like the Coupe's so much more and think you guys are lucky to even get to drive one. So the moral of my story is, for those of you guys who think your car is slow, well all of us Civic's are slow, but at least you guys get to look good in them!!!!
Old 08-07-2003
Banned by Admin

Master should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trusted
Man your spoon emblem has to at least give you 60 hp, so why are you complaining that you are slow?
Old 08-07-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
You want an EX coupe? I will trade you my 2002 Silver 5spd EX Coupe with leather interior, for your 5spd Si. Interested?
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

that spoon emblem/sticker actually give me about 80 ihp (Imaginary horse power). so to the wheels, i'm prolly runnin bout 8,080 ihp. I WISH I HAD YOUR PROBLEM POTATOR..
Old 08-08-2003
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
potator Man if you want a car to cruise in just let me know. I've got a 01 lx sedan that is paid for, I'd give it to you in a hearbeat for that SI. Just think, you get more cargo space for a system, more windows to let down and easier access to the back seat for "date night". Think about it man, and just say yes to giving me the SI.
Old 08-08-2003
Registered!!

RunawaySoul is an unknown quantity at this point
To the guy with white Civic Si (Sorry, post was too long to hit quote) I think it's very nice that your mom bought you a car. It may not have been what you wanted but she seems to genuinely care for your happiness if she's willing to shell out thousands of dollars for you. I think you will come to love it, because there's a reason for you to be driving that car. The Si's thrive in the high RPM range. Read the owner's manual on the normal shift points, and the purposefully drive in the high RPM range without redlining it. That's where the Si's are good. Towards the end of my Civic ownership, I fell in love with it and traded it in for the Vette at the same time, mostly to please my father, who also has a corvette. I'm trading it back in for a Civic soon, I hope..
Old 09-19-2003
Registered!!

showcase949 is an unknown quantity at this point
im intrested in the gauge cluster of you do sell it email me at showcase949@hotmail.com or aim at showcase949
Old 09-19-2003
Rota C10 Coming Soon.

mphole is an unknown quantity at this point
civic source for the civic minded.
Old 09-19-2003
2003 Nissan Frontier

cryption should not be trusted
hey if you guys want HP just add some stickers, especially yellow ones. You know what I always say

Yellow = performance
Stickers = performance

Then your car will own vipers, and for only a few dollars!
Old 09-19-2003
Rota C10 Coming Soon.

mphole is an unknown quantity at this point
don't forget ebay intakes yeah!
Old 09-19-2003
Registered!!

Legxcy is an unknown quantity at this point
After reading a lot of the post... To make our Civics noticably fast... you need a lot of money... like first off, dump the D17, and get the K20... then low compression pistons, and all that good stuff... then the boost... and yea... if you think about it, all the cars that are "Fast", and Honda that pop up into people's minds are Civics with B18s, turbo, and NOS. But for 1G... You might not be known as the fastest racer... but you could contend for the loudest!
Old 09-19-2003
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
well it is all relative.

at the same class we have corolla, tercel (maybe), protege, sentra, accent.

Will you chose any of those over civic? personally I think maybe sentra. But it is just uglier than civic. all others are uglier than civic as well with similar HP. All those others with look mods can't really comapre beauty with civic with exterior mod neither. So, we should not compliant.
Old 09-19-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
only if it was the Old sentra SE-R. that one is great for autocross!!!! good chassis, good engine, and an LSD STANDARD!!!!!! Looked like a brick with wheels but it sure is fast on the track. The new one is Heavy....... easy to out run in the corners.

Last edited by Zzyzx; 09-19-2003 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-19-2003
Registered!!

dustey is an unknown quantity at this point
potator - quit being such a baby about it. you mom bought you a new car, which im sure she really thought you would like, and you threw a fit at the dealership, because you didn't get exactly what you wanted.

I am sure your mom felt real good after she spent all that time to get you a car she thought you would like, and you yell at her for it. nice. Grow up.

If you dont like it, get yourself a job and pay for a coupe by yourself.
Old 09-19-2003
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
yeah man

Originally posted by dustey
potator - quit being such a baby about it. you mom bought you a new car, which im sure she really thought you would like, and you threw a fit at the dealership, because you didn't get exactly what you wanted.

I am sure your mom felt real good after she spent all that time to get you a car she thought you would like, and you yell at her for it. nice. Grow up.

If you dont like it, get yourself a job and pay for a coupe by yourself.

yeah man, I ahve a feeling that guy is actaully trying to show us how good his mom is. It is like I got an IS300 from my papa and I complaint here saying "how unfortunate I got a better car from my papa". Damn, by saying mama bought me a car I would be very very ashamed. Don't know how other people can live with it.

Quick Reply: ?honda civic sux!?