Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BobAlbright is an unknown quantity at this point
Headlights

So I recently was forced into getting a new car and chose a Civic LX hatchback. I知 overall pretty impressed with the car...especially how spunky it is with just a 1.5 liter motor. I知 not, however, ver6 happy with the performance of the headlights. Have any of you changed out the bulbs to something better and if yes, what did you put in?
Old 06-03-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Headlights

The best drop in solution is upgrading the bulbs to a higher output type like Sylvania Ultra. I did this on my Fit and it was a great improvement. Only downside is the bulbs do not last as long. I知 sure there are LED bulbs that are plug n play that will last longer but be more money.
Old 06-03-2019
Former Sponsor

svnsales is an unknown quantity at this point

I should have a set of LEDs that lasts longer, is brighter, and maintains your beam pattern while also being price competitive! What year is your Civic?
Old 06-03-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

These stock projectors respond well to pnp HIDs. Cutoff looks like factory with MUCH more light out out without being blinding/producing lots of glare.

Thereteofitsource.com morimoto elite kit will run you probably $150, but it's well worth it imo. Click the "miyuki's bright eyes" link in my signature for pics
Old 06-04-2019
Registered!!

Lunatrix is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently replaced the Lo and Hi beams in my '18 Civic LX with LED bulbs from LASfit (on eBay). Company has a good rep, and lights seem well made. Definitely much brighter than stock.
Old 06-04-2019
Registered!!

It’s a 2019 Honda Civic LX hatchback...the basic model
Old 06-04-2019
Registered!!

Thanks. I’ll check into it. Actually I am very surprised about the headlights being so dim. I started buying Honda’s in 1976 and have owned probably 10 Honda’s and one of the things that always stood out were how good the headlights were!
Old 06-04-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Just another point for the HIDs. Had my buddy's c16 ex-t next to mine with our headlights on. Where the beams overlapped, you couldn't tell his were there.

LEDs could be a decent alternative, but be careful with them. Not all LED bulbs are created equal. On a wall, they may look fine, but the throw (illumination down road) will often be inferior. The ones that seem to have good throw might also distort the beam pattern causing blinding glare to other drivers. There are a handful out there that have good throw and beam pattern, but often times, they're just as expensive as the HIDs, which would be far superior