Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Headlights keep blowing bulbs (lowbeams)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Question Headlights keep blowing bulbs (lowbeams)

Recently I have kept on blowing bulbs and switching them out, (three sets so far) within about 4 months. The other day one went out again, and just a little bit ago I was sitting in Taco Bell and the other one went out, so I had no headlights! Wtf. I took my car in a long time ago for that headlight recall and supposedly they fixed it. For the record I have TYC projectors and the lows use a H1 bulb which are tiny. You think it could be the bulbs I am using? Which are the aftermarket type, you know ricer kind. It's been getting out of hand, not only have I been driving around with one headlight but it seems as if I'm switching them out like every month or so. Anyone else have this issue or a solution?
Old 07-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
the H1 bulbs are notorious for blowing out. people on clubrsx.com complain about it all the time too (their stock headlights use H1 bulbs). according to them, hyperwhite bulbs and stuff dont last nearly as long as stock bulbs do, so get regular bulbs. and becareful installing the new ones, dont touch the lense (if you didnt already know), that'll make them blow out too from the oil on your hands.
Old 07-28-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
either the dealer didnt actually do the recall on your car or you are using the wrong wattage bulbs in your headlights.
Old 07-30-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya assuming the dealer did the work correctly (which is just swapping that combo switch basically), then its the bulbs. Coated bulbs get too hot especially in a tiny projector. I would suggest going back to stock bulbs (philips vision plus is a good clear bulb) and see what happens.