General 8th & 9th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

Best 8th gen dash-top mount?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emaxxx4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Best 8th gen dash-top mount?

I have a nice little dashcam I got from my folks for Christmas. Recently I just installed it but I have it on the windshield. I hesitate to put it there since anything I mounted via suction cup made the glass crack after so long.

So, aside from me having to install and remove the suction cup mount every time I get in and leave the car, is there a good mount for the top of the dashboard for the Civic? There's no flat part of the dashboard and I'd like to just mount it there. Is there a stable method or dash-mountable mount for a suction cup? I'd like to be able to have the wires close by so I don't have to run them along the insides next to my seat.
Old 09-01-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best 8th gen dash-top mount?

since anything I mounted via suction cup made the glass crack after so long.
No way. Did you have a brick hanging from it?
Old 09-11-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emaxxx4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Best 8th gen dash-top mount?

Not at the time. It was an iPhone 3GS I believe in an Otterbox case. I kept having to pay deductibles to get the glass replaced. if it weren't for the fat that there was a Goodwill doors down from the place i took it to, it would be worse, haha.

I just ended up using the smaller suction cup mount that came with the dashcam. It's not so bad as the cam is closer to the mount and doesn't have such a "pull" on it like my telescoping one does. The problem is that the power and backup cam cables are close to the mechanism of the suction cup. So i usually have to attach the cables first then slide the clip into the back of the cam to get it to stay. I keep it in the far upper left hand corner of my windshield.